The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Drygioni on January 18, 2007, 07:40:30 am
-
Link (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01182007)
Aww, we all know that in his heart Ray couldn't actually bring himself to cold shoot a fellow. Despite the many accidents.
Though, I didn't find the hat part as funny as I'd have liked. This is where you dudes come in and either confirm or denounce my opinions.
-
In effect, what we have here is the very good possibility of Nice Pete owing Roast Beef a Wookie Life Debt (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Life_debt). It goes without saying that this arc has high potential for awesomeness.
-
It is important to note that when Ray is wearing the hat, he looks both ways before crossing the street, AND he acknowledges the driver who yielded at the crosswalk so he could continue. He's playing it extra smooth so as not to draw any attention.
Also, since everyone else likes to pick sides on topic titles, I really think the ideal title for this is "he got Southern ways."
Edit:
Ray loves that pose (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07292002).
-
Success.
-
It ain't like you can just make him into a hat.
Always the big stumbling block with murder, you know?
-
I know!
-
Holy SHIT but the chessboard/whac-a-mole line is like the greatest thing anyone has ever said.
-
I like to think that the veggie cutter is still running during this entire conversation.
*splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut*
-
It is important to note that when Ray is wearing the hat, he looks both ways before crossing the street, AND he acknowledges the driver who yielded at the crosswalk so he could continue. He's playing it extra smooth so as not to draw any attention.
Also, since everyone else likes to pick sides on topic titles, I really think the ideal title for this is "he got Southern ways."
Not to quibble, but I got the impression that he was just chillin', leaning against a wall, and calling out to one of his homeboys passing by.
And my vote for thread title would have been "Leg Hat."
-
Once again, Beef proves out to be the strategic thinker of the group.
I guess Nice Pete is useful to have around in a Death Sound kinda way. 'Sides, no one wants to explain to Pat what was done with his BuddyPal.
-
Not to quibble, but I got the impression that he was just chillin', leaning against a wall, and calling out to one of his homeboys passing by.
Agreed.
So if NP saves Beef's life then are they even? Does "I felt like killing you a minute ago but I didn't" count as saving Beef's life?
-
The leg-hat is kind of fabulous. I was previously unaware that Nice Pete wore Chuck Taylors; it makes a terrible, twisted kind of sense.
Once again, Beef shows that he just knows more about the ways of the Man than Ray does. All doin' the behind-the-scenes work for Ray at the fight, all keepin' Ray from killin' Nice Pete... downright manly of him, y'know?
-
You fellows and lady-types have covered most of the salient points.
All I have to add is... I really enjoyed the alt-text. The idea of the alt-text slowly descending deeper and deeper into Acheslang until it becomes almost completely incomprehensible without the context of reading half the run of the strip... I am a huge fan of that.
I like the idea of a new language.
I am too young to have had a decoder ring when I was a kid and it bothers me.
-
wombat-- when my grandfather was a kid, there was this lady. She was famous (ie: the way you can be "famous" in a small town) for her delicious Empanadas. At some point, her husband disappeared.
A month or so later, a local doctor came to buy some empanadas-- he happened to pass her trashbin, and notice a bone sitting on top. His quick inspection sufficed to learn that it was not a cow or pork's leg bone.
She had chopped up her husband, and was selling his meat to people in the form of empanadas.
-
The secret's in the sauce.
Wombat see that movie
-
wombat-- when my grandfather was a kid, there was this lady. She was famous (ie: the way you can be "famous" in a small town) for her delicious Empanadas. At some point, her husband disappeared.
A month or so later, a local doctor came to buy some empanadas-- he happened to pass her trashbin, and notice a bone sitting on top. His quick inspection sufficed to learn that it was not a cow or pork's leg bone.
She had chopped up her husband, and was selling his meat to people in the form of empanadas.
Titus Empanadonicus
-
I bet they were still hells of tasty.
-
I'll have to keep this in mind. I'm much better at making empanadas than hats anyway.
-
The secret's in the sauce.
Wombat see that movie
Wait, this isn't The Green Butchers, right? Because I think seeing someone who'd seen that film outside of my tiny circle would totally explode my mind. Exploooode, man.
Also, then I would have to threaten you with a giraffe.
-
I really want to says yes for exploding mindness funjoy, but no. We'll leave the guessiness open for a bit though.
-
"Well, Granny never put any distinctions on any of God's creatures. She always used to say...meat's meat and a man's gotta eat!"
-
Wombat see that movie
It's not Delicatessen, (http://imdb.com/title/tt0101700/) is it?
(How many more comedies about cannibalism can we come up with?)
-
(How many more comedies about cannibalism can we come up with?)
Well, there's Eating Raoul (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083869)...
-
And Parents (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098068/) and The Cook The Thief His Wife And Her Lover (http://imdb.com/title/tt0097108/), sort of. Though its hard to classify the latter as any genre except "Peter Greenaway Movie".
-
That sure is a nice rendering of Nice Pete's chucks. Kudos to Onstad.
I wonder what color chucks Nice Pete would wear. I'm thinking black, but hey, who knows...
-
I'm thinking he rocks the dark-blue Chucks.
In Pete logic, black would be a little... obvious... but he'd still want the next-darkest colour available. He'd definitely obsess over it for a while, trying to figure out how to stay true to his dark roots without being cliched about it... while the Foot Locker dude stand there with his finger up his knows, not knowing how close he is to death.
-
Brownish.
Barely-bleached black chucks, dyed in the blood of the Taken.
-
just to comment, my color of chucks is my favorite. I left them in the back of my friend's car for around 3 months (I thought they were lost), during which time they were half-bleached. So they're this kind of weird light blue. I dig them.
I think he would just go for the black ones. Maybe.
-
(How many more comedies about cannibalism can we come up with?)
You can't forget the obvious!
Cannibal: The Musical!
Lets build a snowman!
-
William Safire wrote something about Whac-a-Mole a few weeks ago, and I was all ready to bust out some knowledge about how "Whac-a-Mole" (without the k) refers specifically to the board game version, which was named such for copyright-related reasons, but as it turns out this is not the case. There is actually a board game version, though (or a home tabletop version, not like the Tetris board game or anything). This makes me happy.
Oddly enough, it seems that Nice Pete wears his Chucks around and about but plays basketball (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04092003) wearing only socks. Ray is only wearing one of his legs as a hat - nobody has yet mentioned the possibility that the shoes are in mismatched colors. Not that I think Nice Pete would be the kind of cat to do a thing like that, but I could see him writing on the toes in felt pen. All such as a teenage girl would wear, only covered in Bible fan fiction.