Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 18th of January, 2007 - we got the chessboard out but you playin' Whac-A-Mole  (Read 7484 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

Link

Aww, we all know that in his heart Ray couldn't actually bring himself to cold shoot a fellow. Despite the many accidents.

Though, I didn't find the hat part as funny as I'd have liked. This is where you dudes come in and either confirm or denounce my opinions.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

In effect, what we have here is the very good possibility of Nice Pete owing Roast Beef a Wookie Life Debt. It goes without saying that this arc has high potential for awesomeness.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:14:48 am by melack »
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes

It is important to note that when Ray is wearing the hat, he looks both ways before crossing the street, AND he acknowledges the driver who yielded at the crosswalk so he could continue.  He's playing it extra smooth so as not to draw any attention.

Also, since everyone else likes to pick sides on topic titles, I really think the ideal title for this is "he got Southern ways."

Edit:
Ray loves that pose.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 10:21:54 am by coldfrog »
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile

Success.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

It ain't like you can just make him into a hat.

Always the big stumbling block with murder, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

I know!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com

Holy SHIT but the chessboard/whac-a-mole line is like the greatest thing anyone has ever said.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

I like to think that the veggie cutter is still running during this entire conversation.

*splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut* *splut*
Logged

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile

It is important to note that when Ray is wearing the hat, he looks both ways before crossing the street, AND he acknowledges the driver who yielded at the crosswalk so he could continue.  He's playing it extra smooth so as not to draw any attention.

Also, since everyone else likes to pick sides on topic titles, I really think the ideal title for this is "he got Southern ways."

Not to quibble, but I got the impression that he was just chillin', leaning against a wall, and calling out to one of his homeboys passing by.

And my vote for thread title would have been "Leg Hat."
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile

Once again, Beef proves out to be the strategic thinker of the group.

I guess Nice Pete is useful to have around in a Death Sound kinda way. 'Sides, no one wants to explain to Pat what was done with his BuddyPal.
Logged
We must repeat!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Not to quibble, but I got the impression that he was just chillin', leaning against a wall, and calling out to one of his homeboys passing by.

Agreed.

So if NP saves Beef's life then are they even? Does "I felt like killing you a minute ago but I didn't" count as saving Beef's life?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest

The leg-hat is kind of fabulous. I was previously unaware that Nice Pete wore Chuck Taylors; it makes a terrible, twisted kind of sense.

Once again, Beef shows that he just knows more about the ways of the Man than Ray does. All doin' the behind-the-scenes work for Ray at the fight, all keepin' Ray from killin' Nice Pete... downright manly of him, y'know?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

You fellows and lady-types have covered most of the salient points.

All I have to add is... I really enjoyed the alt-text. The idea of the alt-text slowly descending deeper and deeper into Acheslang until it becomes almost completely incomprehensible without the context of reading half the run of the strip... I am a huge fan of that.

I like the idea of a new language.

I am too young to have had a decoder ring when I was a kid and it bothers me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

wombat-- when my grandfather was a kid, there was this lady. She was famous (ie: the way you can be "famous" in a small town) for her delicious Empanadas. At some point, her husband disappeared.

A month or so later, a local doctor came to buy some empanadas-- he happened to pass her trashbin, and notice a bone sitting on top. His quick inspection sufficed to learn that it was not a cow or pork's leg bone.

She had chopped up her husband, and was selling his meat to people in the form of empanadas.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile

The secret's in the sauce.

Wombat see that movie
Logged
We must repeat!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up