The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: linnea on January 24, 2007, 07:53:42 am

Title: praying for a snow day tomorrow
Post by: linnea on January 24, 2007, 07:53:42 am
So I guess we're a'posed to get clobbered with a huge storm tomorrow. I have stayed up too late on the intarwub banking on the snow day to be able to sleep in. *curses* if I am posting tomorrow morning/afternoon, you'll know that I got to stay home in my jammies all day. Otherwise...I'll be at work.

also, on an unrelated note, my cats are so goddamn cute it makes my heart ache. I can't imagine having children, because they say that you love your chilluns more than anything. I think my heart might burst if these little dudes were my offspring, 'cuz they are such rad little guys already and I cannot imagine loving them even more than I already do. I guess that they're a surrogate for not having my sisters and parents close by, and for not having a special man-friend. Eh, fug it, I'm happy and that's what counts.
Title: Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
Post by: Drygioni on January 24, 2007, 08:01:30 am
I awoke this morning to find a small amount of snow adorning the village! It was largely melted and at most half an inch thick, but that is still exciting around here.
Title: Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
Post by: wombat on January 24, 2007, 01:39:12 pm
NO. I saw a couple of flakes this morning. If it gets any worse I am going straight home and getting into the blanket fort till Spring.

I had a very scary drive home from work on Sunday so I am kind of on edge about this.  It was only an inch or so in the end, but they weren't plowing the roads and everyone else is an idiot.
Title: Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
Post by: Choop on January 24, 2007, 03:26:13 pm
everyone else is an idiot.

QFT
Title: Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
Post by: theinevitable on January 24, 2007, 05:27:26 pm
yeah. it snowed here a few days ago, but now it is mostly gone.
Title: Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
Post by: Sub_Topical on January 24, 2007, 10:58:24 pm
SOOOOooooooo...

I'm guessing Somebody nice went to work.

Bummer.
Title: Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
Post by: kellichou on January 25, 2007, 12:29:55 am
Didja get a snow day?  Didja?

I had that same experience on Monday.  We got a lot of snow Sunday afternoon, but--curses!--only a 1 hour delay for classes.  Bah!  I love snow days SO MUCH.  They are like manna from heaven.
Title: Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
Post by: linnea on January 25, 2007, 01:19:07 am
I got out of work 3 hours early! w00t!

The road conditions are ABYSMAL. We've got all our roads crew out in full force but the blowing winds are terrible. Yuck. I'm staying in with the kitties.

...ew... Lennybruce just sneezed in my water bottle. Gross, Lenny! Thanks a lot, panda rat. *winces*
Title: Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
Post by: linnea on January 25, 2007, 07:45:59 pm
And we got ANOTHER snow day today. Crazy! I'm holed up in my apartment with the kitties.