Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: praying for a snow day tomorrow  (Read 1742 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
praying for a snow day tomorrow
« on: January 24, 2007, 07:53:42 am »

So I guess we're a'posed to get clobbered with a huge storm tomorrow. I have stayed up too late on the intarwub banking on the snow day to be able to sleep in. *curses* if I am posting tomorrow morning/afternoon, you'll know that I got to stay home in my jammies all day. Otherwise...I'll be at work.

also, on an unrelated note, my cats are so goddamn cute it makes my heart ache. I can't imagine having children, because they say that you love your chilluns more than anything. I think my heart might burst if these little dudes were my offspring, 'cuz they are such rad little guys already and I cannot imagine loving them even more than I already do. I guess that they're a surrogate for not having my sisters and parents close by, and for not having a special man-friend. Eh, fug it, I'm happy and that's what counts.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 08:01:30 am »

I awoke this morning to find a small amount of snow adorning the village! It was largely melted and at most half an inch thick, but that is still exciting around here.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 01:39:12 pm »

NO. I saw a couple of flakes this morning. If it gets any worse I am going straight home and getting into the blanket fort till Spring.

I had a very scary drive home from work on Sunday so I am kind of on edge about this.  It was only an inch or so in the end, but they weren't plowing the roads and everyone else is an idiot.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 03:26:13 pm »

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 05:27:26 pm »

yeah. it snowed here a few days ago, but now it is mostly gone.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 10:58:24 pm »

SOOOOooooooo...

I'm guessing Somebody nice went to work.

Bummer.
Logged
We must repeat!

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 12:29:55 am »

Didja get a snow day?  Didja?

I had that same experience on Monday.  We got a lot of snow Sunday afternoon, but--curses!--only a 1 hour delay for classes.  Bah!  I love snow days SO MUCH.  They are like manna from heaven.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 01:19:07 am »

I got out of work 3 hours early! w00t!

The road conditions are ABYSMAL. We've got all our roads crew out in full force but the blowing winds are terrible. Yuck. I'm staying in with the kitties.

...ew... Lennybruce just sneezed in my water bottle. Gross, Lenny! Thanks a lot, panda rat. *winces*
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: praying for a snow day tomorrow
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 07:45:59 pm »

And we got ANOTHER snow day today. Crazy! I'm holed up in my apartment with the kitties.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up