The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: Fooker on February 02, 2007, 08:05:11 am

Title: I built a cantenna.
Post by: Fooker on February 02, 2007, 08:05:11 am
(http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7986/24059372zk2.jpg)

Standard waveguide type. N-male jack and N-female to MC pigtail by Fabcorp. (www.fab-corp.com)

I failed miserably at making a home-brew stencil and spraypainting a skull onto it (Not to mention messing up the second layer and setting the eyes too high, so that instead of just being a mashup of the Offspring and Punisher skulls, it looks like the retarded cousin of the Misfits skull). Also, it snowed while I was spraypainting the cans black, thus the dots on the can.


It gets around 12db gain, though. Not bad.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: jaydub on February 02, 2007, 05:10:14 pm
Is that so you can get a wireless connection while sneaking a soak in the neighbor's hot tub?
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: Fooker on February 03, 2007, 04:17:52 am
Yes.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: Bjorn the Destroyer on February 05, 2007, 06:37:02 am
I fully endorse duct-tape piracy.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: side_show on February 05, 2007, 03:46:24 pm
I fully endorse duct-tape piracy.

Don't you endorse all piracy?  Isn't that your... your job?  Or are their kinds of piracy you don't endorse?
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: Bjorn the Destroyer on February 05, 2007, 06:28:25 pm
I'm pretty disappointed by velcro piracy. Really, in terms of binding materials, the only piratical adhesives are duct tape, rope, and krazy glue. And epoxy.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 06, 2007, 06:09:12 pm
I doubt anyone cares about my mantenna.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 06, 2007, 10:57:19 pm
If you had drawn Han shooting Greedo on it instead, you would have a "Mos Eisley cantenna" and...

THAT would be an industrial-strength pun.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: linnea on February 07, 2007, 02:49:07 am
I doubt anyone cares about my mantenna.

Hahaha, I'm going to try to use that word at least 5 times a week from here on out.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: Fooker on February 07, 2007, 09:06:10 am
If you had drawn Han shooting Greedo on it instead, you would have a "Mos Eisley cantenna" and...

THAT would be an industrial-strength pun.
I CANNOT NOT DO THAT NOW.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: jaydub on February 07, 2007, 04:51:46 pm
If you had drawn Han shooting Greedo on it instead, you would have a "Mos Eisley cantenna" and...

<threadjack>
I heard that on some sort of re-release of Star Wars they edited it so Greedo shoots at Han first.  True?  If so, its stupid - and out of character for Han.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: Sub_Topical on February 07, 2007, 06:30:43 pm
True. Seen both and bought the t-shirt.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: Bjorn the Destroyer on February 10, 2007, 02:20:17 am
<threadjack>
I heard that on some sort of re-release of Star Wars they edited it so Greedo shoots at Han first.  True?  If so, its stupid - and out of character for Han.

It's out of character for Greedo, too. I mean, seriously. Even with dome shaped eyes how do you miss that shot?
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: theinevitable on February 10, 2007, 03:55:52 am
see, I mean, I feel like it seems like they both shoot at the same time-- Greedo is pulling out his gun, and Han shoots him.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: slink on February 10, 2007, 01:32:36 pm
see, I mean, I feel like it seems like they both shoot at the same time-- Greedo is pulling out his gun, and Han shoots him.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Yea, but in the original when he doesn't shoot, his gun is aimed at Han. So when they made his gun fire in the special abortion, his laser shot just randomly (well, not so) goes astray. I thought gun barrels had a purpose!
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: Ben-San on February 13, 2007, 08:53:13 pm
His aim failed to compensate for the solar wind blowing his photons off-course.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 13, 2007, 08:57:43 pm
The sad thing is... remember those Star Wars "What If" comics?

A great one would be, what if Greedo had killed Han there in the bar?

But... politically, I doubt Lucas would approve anything related to that debate.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: side_show on February 15, 2007, 02:32:10 pm
My favorite "What if..." was one that I made up in my mind based on this actual "What if..." (http://www.hakushouse.com/images/Comix/P6030007.JPG).  I liked to imagine a comic book where it just showed Punisher living his home life, growing a nice paunch belly, sitting on the couch, watching TV and the like.  You know... basically having no motivation.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: V-Adore on February 16, 2007, 07:25:10 am
My favorite "What if..." was one that I made up in my mind based on this actual "What if..." (http://www.hakushouse.com/images/Comix/P6030007.JPG).  I liked to imagine a comic book where it just showed Punisher living his home life, growing a nice paunch belly, sitting on the couch, watching TV and the like.  You know... basically having no motivation.
Better yet, the Punisher's attempts to balance the taxing requirements of bloody vigilante justice with family life. "Honey, I just wanted to let you know I'm going to be a little late home tonight -- I've got this mobster I have to shoot in the face, and he's got a lot of bodyguards, so it might take a while. I'll pick up a pizza on the way home... no, no, sweetie, I know Bobby's piano recital is on Saturday. I swear I won't torture any drug dealers to death this weekend; I know how you like to keep the basement clean..."
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: wombat on February 16, 2007, 08:19:00 pm
Now that is a book I would pay good money to read.
Title: Re: I built a cantenna.
Post by: side_show on February 19, 2007, 06:19:39 pm
"Darn it hun, you know how hard it is to get blood stains out of linen!  And acid?  How did you get acid on thelovely coat my mother got you for Christmas.  I'll patch it for you, but if my mother sees that hole she won't be pleased.  She ordered that jacket special for you from the Sears catalog.  And you know she's not rich.  She's on a pention for heaven's sake!"

"Yes dear."

"All right then.  Supper's in the oven.  I just hope the roast hasn't gotten all dried out from us waiting for you to come home again."

"Sorry, dear."

"And you better ask Jimmy about his Math test."

"Alright dear."

"Alright then."