Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I built a cantenna.  (Read 4975 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
I built a cantenna.
« on: February 02, 2007, 08:05:11 am »



Standard waveguide type. N-male jack and N-female to MC pigtail by Fabcorp. (www.fab-corp.com)

I failed miserably at making a home-brew stencil and spraypainting a skull onto it (Not to mention messing up the second layer and setting the eyes too high, so that instead of just being a mashup of the Offspring and Punisher skulls, it looks like the retarded cousin of the Misfits skull). Also, it snowed while I was spraypainting the cans black, thus the dots on the can.


It gets around 12db gain, though. Not bad.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 05:10:14 pm »

Is that so you can get a wireless connection while sneaking a soak in the neighbor's hot tub?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 04:17:52 am »

Yes.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 06:37:02 am »

I fully endorse duct-tape piracy.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 03:46:24 pm »

I fully endorse duct-tape piracy.

Don't you endorse all piracy?  Isn't that your... your job?  Or are their kinds of piracy you don't endorse?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 06:28:25 pm »

I'm pretty disappointed by velcro piracy. Really, in terms of binding materials, the only piratical adhesives are duct tape, rope, and krazy glue. And epoxy.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 06:09:12 pm »

I doubt anyone cares about my mantenna.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 10:57:19 pm »

If you had drawn Han shooting Greedo on it instead, you would have a "Mos Eisley cantenna" and...

THAT would be an industrial-strength pun.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 02:49:07 am »

I doubt anyone cares about my mantenna.

Hahaha, I'm going to try to use that word at least 5 times a week from here on out.
Logged

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 09:06:10 am »

If you had drawn Han shooting Greedo on it instead, you would have a "Mos Eisley cantenna" and...

THAT would be an industrial-strength pun.
I CANNOT NOT DO THAT NOW.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 04:51:46 pm »

If you had drawn Han shooting Greedo on it instead, you would have a "Mos Eisley cantenna" and...

<threadjack>
I heard that on some sort of re-release of Star Wars they edited it so Greedo shoots at Han first.  True?  If so, its stupid - and out of character for Han.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 06:30:43 pm »

True. Seen both and bought the t-shirt.
Logged
We must repeat!

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 02:20:17 am »

<threadjack>
I heard that on some sort of re-release of Star Wars they edited it so Greedo shoots at Han first.  True?  If so, its stupid - and out of character for Han.

It's out of character for Greedo, too. I mean, seriously. Even with dome shaped eyes how do you miss that shot?
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 03:55:52 am »

see, I mean, I feel like it seems like they both shoot at the same time-- Greedo is pulling out his gun, and Han shoots him.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: I built a cantenna.
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 01:32:36 pm »

see, I mean, I feel like it seems like they both shoot at the same time-- Greedo is pulling out his gun, and Han shoots him.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Yea, but in the original when he doesn't shoot, his gun is aimed at Han. So when they made his gun fire in the special abortion, his laser shot just randomly (well, not so) goes astray. I thought gun barrels had a purpose!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up