The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: robot_god on April 05, 2007, 12:37:29 am

Title: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: robot_god on April 05, 2007, 12:37:29 am
Gotta see this:

Unstoppable Star Trek/Simpsons mix on Rhodes, theremin and funnel. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkTpUxh8Vxc)
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: wombat on April 05, 2007, 01:19:36 am
I don't even have to click to know it can't possibly be as good as this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lBQWUR3u7U&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etoothpastefordinner%2Ecom%2Fjournal%2Fjournal%2Ephp%3Fuser%3Dtoothpaste)
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: theinevitable on April 05, 2007, 01:42:42 am
no way. the best is the Ghost Ride It video. But I already posted that, and people got all upset. so.
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Doc on April 05, 2007, 11:20:32 am
I'm sorry W but RG's video is freaking awesome.
Not sure it has the same 'holy shit that's awesome' value as stuff like the Ok Go treadmill video but still very cool.
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Doc Benway on May 01, 2007, 11:44:51 am
I submit this for appraisal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Pbyg_kcEk
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Nabubrush on May 02, 2007, 02:59:13 am
Phil & Gary. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXoHc6HbEF4)

Pig, Jerry, Mondo, Slayer, & Vegetable (where's Myrtle?) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKUJsrvh8xA)

That's the point - I wasn't thinkin' 'bout nothin'. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cu_vdChemQ)

Glenn more or less not singing (apologies to Andalucia). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0goCVEExv8)
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: AugustWest on May 02, 2007, 03:20:26 am
What up, Nabu?
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: pmcd9 on May 02, 2007, 03:20:42 am
I submit this for appraisal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Pbyg_kcEk

The little alternative theater in my neighborhood had a show with these people about two weeks ago.  I couldn't make it, but I heard them talking about it on the radio.  I don't recall them using the term circuit bending in the interview, but i'll bet it was some of these same people.
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Nabubrush on May 02, 2007, 03:44:43 am
What up, Nabu?

My lovely wife is in school right now, and I'm knocking back the vodka and off and on watching Big Trouble in Little China. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090728/) We just had the blowout spring bash and housewarming (1 year late) and I go back to work tomorrow to recuperate. I tore off one of my big toenails this time home, and my beloved Red Wings (http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=300425) are having some trouble. However, I've been playing street hockey with my brother-in-law lately, and this time home I scored my first goal against a real live human being (we normally play with this guy (http://www.totalhockey.net/tab3.asp?item=1137) in goal. So, yeah. Hi there.
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: theinevitable on May 02, 2007, 03:47:40 am
um, actually. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUTIOjZejFI)

I know, but... Wow.
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on May 02, 2007, 04:22:54 am
My lovely wife is in school right now, and I'm knocking back the vodka and off and on watching Big Trouble in Little China.

there is a tv at a sushi restaurant my rugby team would frequent in Lynchburg. The only video cassette was Big Trouble in Little China. And after 50 Tsing Taos that movie is flipping hilarious. "Why is there lightning coming out of that guy's eyes? Dont the white guys have guns?"
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Nabubrush on May 02, 2007, 04:24:50 am
um, actually. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUTIOjZejFI)

I know, but... Wow.

What would Lord Byron say about the state of the world today?
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: AugustWest on May 02, 2007, 04:33:41 am
there is a tv at a sushi restaurant my rugby team would frequent in Lynchburg. The only video cassette was Big Trouble in Little China. And after 50 Tsing Taos that movie is flipping hilarious. "Why is there lightning coming out of that guy's eyes? Dont the white guys have guns?"

Dude, I know from personal experience that it only takes about 43 Tsingtaos to really enjoy Big Trouble in Little China.
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: robot_god on May 02, 2007, 04:44:10 am
I know a dude who owns only three DVDs and one of them is Big Trouble In Little China.


Also, I just blacked out on the last two hours and woke up wearing lip gloss.
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Nabubrush on May 02, 2007, 04:52:45 am
I know a dude who owns only three DVDs and one of them is Big Trouble In Little China.


Also, I just blacked out on the last two hours and woke up wearing lip gloss.

Come hang out at my house.
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: smick on May 02, 2007, 07:47:37 am
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kHs-6xnMEdE

Gotta go with a classic.

Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Golfhaus on May 03, 2007, 11:31:30 pm
Things aren't going so good for poor Charles anymore: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iu2y-XqrzAw (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iu2y-XqrzAw)
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: wombat on May 03, 2007, 11:36:14 pm
But his brother Chester is having a blast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDETrftDnXk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDETrftDnXk)
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Golfhaus on May 04, 2007, 01:22:25 am
I never really bought into the YouTube thing, until it provided me the video I had been searching the Internet for, literally, for years.

The video of Kermit the Frog singing Once In A Lifetime (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jbya4kxC6E).

After that, I was hooked.
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: nabeel84 on May 09, 2007, 03:08:07 pm
I don't know if we are doing serious music vids but I have many favorites.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DDOgYw5-pNs
Take Five by the Dave Brubeck Quartet. Jazz Legends at work.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D4kUJdK3S68
Some virtuoso guitar.

I could add more when I'm not too lazy.
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: theinevitable on May 09, 2007, 03:16:23 pm
fuck, why is Dave Brubeck so good? That album is so good. that album is like what I thought Jazz would sound like as a child. IE THE COOLEST.

(that, or Art Blakey, Miles, Thelonious, you know... basically jazz is awesome.)

The drums, man. The drums. How can someone look that much like they're just screwing around with what instruments comprise the drums, and yet keep such a weird beat going (5/4?)?
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: pmcd9 on May 09, 2007, 03:49:51 pm
That Brubeck is awesome!!!
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Drygioni on May 09, 2007, 05:05:36 pm
My heart's explodin'! These drums!
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: side_show on May 09, 2007, 07:36:57 pm
Hey, I haven't introduced you folks to  Hawksley (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZSN8n9lAP4)   Workman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q9ZUNm8twA&mode=related&search=).  He will be featured on my Aux Canuck mixed disk (not these two songs, but some others), and makes a pretty good music video.  Check him out.

Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 09, 2007, 08:55:08 pm
My heart's explodin'! These drums!

HELLS YES.  It's not just the solo, it's the way he doesn't even look like he's trying that hard (at least until he starts playing faster).
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: dejavroom on May 11, 2007, 02:39:53 pm
If you like me didn't know about The Divine Comedy... your life sucks and you don't even know it:

better sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEixi67WjTA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEixi67WjTA)

sound not so great, but great performance of the same song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_lHe4TJpuo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_lHe4TJpuo)
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on May 11, 2007, 03:52:35 pm
She got electric boots, a mohair suit, you know I read it in a magazAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINE, whoa ho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iFYJYwtjpc
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: pmcd9 on May 12, 2007, 01:27:53 pm
Biz Markee sounds like bad karaoke.
Title: Re: Best music vid on youtube
Post by: Golfhaus on May 13, 2007, 12:51:26 am
I was thinking this too. It's amazing he was ever able to pay the bills by singing.