The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: theinevitable on April 10, 2007, 06:21:54 am

Title: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: theinevitable on April 10, 2007, 06:21:54 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04102007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04102007)

this is a concept I can get behind.

Also: that Pat is putting.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: V-Adore on April 10, 2007, 06:24:19 am
Oh my God, this may be the best end to an Achewood arc in some time.

I would be writing slash fanfiction right now, were I a worse person.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: Enkidu on April 10, 2007, 06:32:17 am
Also: that Pat is putting.
I lol'd.  For reals.

The man went to Juilliard for crying out loud.  They must have a method acting class where you learn to crash through bathroom walls.

Also: the alt text is extremely amusing.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: iron_felix on April 10, 2007, 06:47:56 am
I'm surprised Pat's self-image permits him to rent a softboy video, even ashamedly.  Also, executive golf is both the perfect explanation for the placement of Pat's arms and - as of now - my new favorite euphemism for masturbation.

Sweet as this may be, I hope it doesn't turn into anything too serious.  Rod deserves better.  Anyway, if he looks this hurt (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06202005) after somebody criticizes his drink I can see him souring on Pat pretty quickly.  Not that that wouldn't be a fine conclusion to the arc in its own way, of course.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: chuanoplast on April 10, 2007, 06:48:11 am
I laughed so hard at this. I really loved Pat's disappointed and happy faces.

The part about Juilliard killed me because my brother was thinking about applying there, and I just thought of him becoming a porn music composer/performer. Making sure that the subtleties of the soundtrack to Soft-Boys: Picnic Panic VI would be appreciated by even the basest cat.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 10, 2007, 07:16:36 am
I see this turning into an ongoing storyline, wherein they make a very prissy and self-righteous couple who have very silly, petty fights. Does anyone else here read Doonesbury obsessively? I see a Mark Slackermeyer and Chase Talbot thing here.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: mrchee on April 10, 2007, 09:08:34 am
cobbler AND cake

Huggins certainly IS a method actor
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: MattFish on April 10, 2007, 11:05:16 am
Pat's veganism will tear them apart.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: CortJstr on April 10, 2007, 12:56:06 pm
I'm surprised Pat's self-image permits him to rent a softboy video, even ashamedly.  Also, executive golf is both the perfect explanation for the placement of Pat's arms and - as of now - my new favorite euphemism for masturbation.him souring on Pat pretty quickly.  Not that that wouldn't be a fine conclusion to the arc in its own way, of course.

Pat drives two towns over, goes to a video store that doesn't link its computer systems across locations, and uses an assumed name while wearing a good disguise, with a really bad diguise on over top of that.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 10, 2007, 01:46:58 pm
At what point does Nice Pete commit The Murder Act out of jealousy toward them?

I'm guessing the first time he hears the term "sugar factory" applied to someone who isn't Nice Pete.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: linnea on April 10, 2007, 02:40:19 pm
I lol'd.  For reals.

The man went to Juilliard for crying out loud.  They must have a method acting class where you learn to crash through bathroom walls.

Also: the alt text is extremely amusing.

Judging from the speech balloons and dialog in the strip, Rod Huggins went to Juilliard, not Pat.

I wonder what Rod's real name is. It would be really sad if his Christian name was actually Rodney Huggins.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: iron_felix on April 10, 2007, 02:42:11 pm
Pat drives two towns over, goes to a video store that doesn't link its computer systems across locations, and uses an assumed name while wearing a good disguise, with a really bad diguise on over top of that.

What I meant is... if the dude visualizes himself this way (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08112006) he might have a bit of trouble "projecting" himself onto the intentionally out-of-shape SB actors.  Which would kind of go against the entire point (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06132005) of the genre.  I'd imagine Pat being more into bondage stuff with guys in Nazi uniforms, that sort of thing.  But then again maybe that's too predictable.

What the fuckety-fuck is up with Pat's hair-stubble shit?

Looks like a damn golf ball tee'd up on a whales ass.

It's been like that ever since the Curse (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09072006) took effect.  I'd say it looks like a very fat version of the Quake logo, except it would be completely absurd for that to ever be on Pat's head.  Perhaps it's the outline of an electronic receiver in his brain through which Moby sends him his secret directives.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: linnea on April 10, 2007, 02:53:44 pm
It's been like that ever since the Curse (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09072006) took effect.  I'd say it looks like a very fat version of the Quake logo, except it would be completely absurd for that to ever be on Pat's head.  Perhaps it's the outline of an electronic receiver in his brain through which Moby sends him his secret directives.

Heh heh heh... Moby directives sent out to all the angry vegans. Tiny can for you, good sirrah.

Pat's male pattern baldness has a weird kind of lightbulb shape in the back. Rod's just looks like 2 racing stripes. What gives with the weird balditude?
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 10, 2007, 03:11:19 pm
All of you FAIL at the topic. The topic clearly is in the alt text:

"The idea is, they get so panicked about the forgotten picnic basket that they fuck. "

Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: chuanoplast on April 10, 2007, 04:08:41 pm
All of you FAIL at the topic. The topic clearly is in the alt text:

"The idea is, they get so panicked about the forgotten picnic basket that they fuck. "



So instead of cobbler and cake, they eat...

Okay, I'm not going to finish that sentence. You can definitely figure out where that's going.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: Formica on April 10, 2007, 05:33:07 pm
So instead of cobbler and cake, they eat ROCK HARD CAT COCK

There, fixed that for you.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: V-Adore on April 10, 2007, 08:24:57 pm
You know, I bet Rod Huggins's given name is Rodney Huggins. It would explain why he ended up gravitating into gay porn (well, besides the obvious reasons).
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: Vogel on April 11, 2007, 05:15:10 am
I guess Rod just forgot about the Al Qaeda attack in panel three there. I love the notion of someone being so scared of something that they would run through a wall, and then almost immediately going back. I wonder what Ray is thinking of all this? I presume he can hear the conversation going on in Pat's room through the hole in the wall, and that he saw Rod run back through the hole he made in the wall to grab a towel and then go back.
Also, when you're walking through a hole you just made in a wall, how is it that the first thing you say is "You know my work, pudding?" Is Pat so horny that he doesn't even question the fact that a gay porn star has literally burst into his room? And how does Rod think that he is so suave that he can just not even address the fact that he just ran through a wall? Like putting on a towel and whistling is enough to act nonchalant about walzing on through a hole in a wall created by your own fat terrified body just moments ago.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: theinevitable on April 11, 2007, 05:21:50 am
Pat is so excited that he went back for the towel, though.

the mind of the gay man is not a complex one, people.

...apparently.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: pmcd9 on April 11, 2007, 06:00:21 am
I guess Rod just forgot about the Al Qaeda attack in panel three there. I love the notion of someone being so scared of something that they would run through a wall, and then almost immediately going back. I wonder what Ray is thinking of all this? I presume he can hear the conversation going on in Pat's room through the hole in the wall, and that he saw Rod run back through the hole he made in the wall to grab a towel and then go back.
Also, when you're walking through a hole you just made in a wall, how is it that the first thing you say is "You know my work, pudding?" Is Pat so horny that he doesn't even question the fact that a gay porn star has literally burst into his room? And how does Rod think that he is so suave that he can just not even address the fact that he just ran through a wall? Like putting on a towel and whistling is enough to act nonchalant about walzing on through a hole in a wall created by your own fat terrified body just moments ago.

This is plausable.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: V-Adore on April 11, 2007, 09:15:55 pm
Maybe his logic is that, if Al Qaeda hasn't already killed him, it must be safe to go back? Al Qaeda works fast, after all.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: chuanoplast on April 11, 2007, 11:37:12 pm
Rod Huggins is afraid of Al-Qaeda because he looks like a fat Buddha, not because he is afraid of terrorism.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: jaydub on April 12, 2007, 04:03:15 am
That was the Taliban.  Of course, all cats are gray after midnight...
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: chuanoplast on April 12, 2007, 07:07:09 am
That was the Taliban.  Of course, all cats are gray after midnight...

Oh geez, that's right. Someone (me) needs to read some more about the Middle East.
Title: Re: Bitches so smart they can't pee (10 April 2007 )
Post by: iron_felix on April 12, 2007, 04:49:34 pm
That was the Taliban.  Of course, all cats are gray after midnight...

Oh geez, that's right. Someone (me) needs to read some more about the Middle East.

...or Central Asia, seeing how that is where Afghanistan actually is.

I know, it can be considered part of the Middle East... I just felt like being a pedantic asshole.  No reason not to provide further encouragement to read up on the subject, though.