The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: KeithHernandez on April 26, 2007, 03:13:02 am

Title: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: KeithHernandez on April 26, 2007, 03:13:02 am
This is the first strip since I finished the archives to make me laugh out loud.  Just Ray in the last panel, with his amazing purchase making him so stoned and happy.  Then the stoned bird on his shirt.  This is a classic.


Edit:  http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04262007

Also, I thought the other strips were funny, just without the whole experience at once it is not as funny.  This is hilarious.
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: V-Adore on April 26, 2007, 03:18:14 am
My first thought was that that'd be really fragile, but as has been mentioned, there is no chance in hell that the bat will ever contact a ball. So, rock on, Ray.
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: Doc on April 26, 2007, 03:30:09 am
Last panel gold indeed.
Ray is so thrilled with his bat.
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: theinevitable on April 26, 2007, 03:33:35 am
this is pretty ok.
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: KeithHernandez on April 26, 2007, 03:40:11 am
Acrylic is really hard.  Also, I wouldn't discredit them being able to play. 

On one hand, baseball players are pretty well known to be the biggest pot smokers in any sport (maybe basketball has a higher percentage, but there are more baseball players, and they toke more during the season) and there is a whole sport, which is kind of hard, that is dedicated to stoned people (frisbee golf).  Now, on the other hand, this is achewood, so they will probably just get real blazed, Ray will order a nice tv with built in generator, and they will watch Braveheart and cook out.
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: RMJ12345 on April 26, 2007, 04:55:24 am
This is the first strip since I finished the archives to make me laugh out loud.

When did you finish the archives?
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: KeithHernandez on April 26, 2007, 05:28:01 am
Right after the GOF.  Like I said, they are not at all bad, but I prefer to go back after a while and read them all.  I think it is funnier that way.
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: melack on April 26, 2007, 06:23:23 am
It would seem that Ray bats lefty. This is a man who is serious about his baseball.
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: jough on April 26, 2007, 12:22:18 pm
It's been a couple of years since I've had a decent birthday strip, so I'm happy with this one.  It has baseball and Elvis - it's All-American!
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: chuanoplast on April 26, 2007, 03:31:52 pm

Bald Elvis looks like Marlon Brando's little brother.


The next step would be removing Marlon Brando's hair in an image editing program and pasting him next to Elvis.
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 26, 2007, 04:20:00 pm
Belvis

Not to be confused with Blelvis. (http://drinkandwalk.blogspot.com/2006/05/welcome-to-blelvis.html)
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 26, 2007, 06:23:29 pm
Not to be confused with Blelvis. (http://drinkandwalk.blogspot.com/2006/05/welcome-to-blelvis.html)

I miss that guy. Also the crazy woman on the corner of M and Wisconsin with the lawn chair and the schizophrenic ramblings on the board.
Title: Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 26, 2007, 06:43:04 pm
This reminds me of the Santa Claus ornament that we would stare at because if you were stoned and saw it from the exact right angle, it looked like The Joker and we could talk about what he was up to and how long it would be before Batman would catch him.

I can identify with the stoned talking cat.