Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis  (Read 2676 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« on: April 26, 2007, 03:13:02 am »

This is the first strip since I finished the archives to make me laugh out loud.  Just Ray in the last panel, with his amazing purchase making him so stoned and happy.  Then the stoned bird on his shirt.  This is a classic.


Edit:  http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04262007

Also, I thought the other strips were funny, just without the whole experience at once it is not as funny.  This is hilarious.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 03:18:14 am »

My first thought was that that'd be really fragile, but as has been mentioned, there is no chance in hell that the bat will ever contact a ball. So, rock on, Ray.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 03:30:09 am »

Last panel gold indeed.
Ray is so thrilled with his bat.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 03:33:35 am »

this is pretty ok.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 03:40:11 am »

Acrylic is really hard.  Also, I wouldn't discredit them being able to play. 

On one hand, baseball players are pretty well known to be the biggest pot smokers in any sport (maybe basketball has a higher percentage, but there are more baseball players, and they toke more during the season) and there is a whole sport, which is kind of hard, that is dedicated to stoned people (frisbee golf).  Now, on the other hand, this is achewood, so they will probably just get real blazed, Ray will order a nice tv with built in generator, and they will watch Braveheart and cook out.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 04:55:24 am »

This is the first strip since I finished the archives to make me laugh out loud.

When did you finish the archives?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 05:28:01 am »

Right after the GOF.  Like I said, they are not at all bad, but I prefer to go back after a while and read them all.  I think it is funnier that way.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 06:23:23 am »

It would seem that Ray bats lefty. This is a man who is serious about his baseball.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 12:22:18 pm »

It's been a couple of years since I've had a decent birthday strip, so I'm happy with this one.  It has baseball and Elvis - it's All-American!

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 03:31:52 pm »


Bald Elvis looks like Marlon Brando's little brother.


The next step would be removing Marlon Brando's hair in an image editing program and pasting him next to Elvis.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 06:23:29 pm »

Not to be confused with Blelvis.

I miss that guy. Also the crazy woman on the corner of M and Wisconsin with the lawn chair and the schizophrenic ramblings on the board.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 26 April 2007-- a bald Elvis
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 06:43:04 pm »

This reminds me of the Santa Claus ornament that we would stare at because if you were stoned and saw it from the exact right angle, it looked like The Joker and we could talk about what he was up to and how long it would be before Batman would catch him.

I can identify with the stoned talking cat.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1]   Go Up