The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: Golfhaus on April 30, 2007, 11:04:14 pm
-
http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/ (http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/)
I've lost way too much productive time to this game to not reveal it to others, so that they may fall victim to it as well, making me look better by comparison.
-
I thought this was going to be about how a lot of people seem to use laptops exclusively now.
Although that's probably just here, being a college and all.
-
Yeah Dan I thought the same thing.
-
I'm more familiar with this version (http://novelconcepts.co.uk/FlashElementTD/).
-
I like DTD better because it's not all about selling. The fact that FlashElementTD gives points for leftover gold and has interest puts too much emphasis on skimping and last-minute selling of towers.
Although when DTD 1.2 came out people were pissed because the strategy of that game was altered. It's a lot harder to get 8,000 points now.
-
currently my strategy is to build a maze/pathway of towers so that it takes them as long as possible to get to the end. So far, it is working... but I can't decide what the optimal tower choice is.
EDIT: ok, apparently that only works on easy mode. goddamn.
-
currently my strategy is to build a maze/pathway of towers so that it takes them as long as possible to get to the end. So far, it is working... but I can't decide what the optimal tower choice is.
EDIT: ok, apparently that only works on easy mode. goddamn.
If you look in the Fun section you can there's a version of Normal where you start with $10K. Which is good for getting used to having 2 lines. As a hint you probably either want to go with a double-spiral maze or go with asymmetric Frosts (put a Frost right near one entrance but not the other).
Oh, and on Normal you'll need 3 Storm towers to beat all the flyers.
-
I can already see where this could become a problem. So I'll turn it into a solution to my problem of only 6/12-15 pages written on voting behavior. Fifty words for every level.
-
I funnest way is to play on 10000$ and try to get it where you can knock of like 30 attacks at once.
-
I funnest way is to play on 10000$ and try to get it where you can knock of like 30 attacks at once.
In the $10K game you can actually get a perfect score. If you build your maze right you can just hold down the N key for all 50 levels for the maximum time bonus plus the bonus for losing no lives.
-
that is what I am working towards, but hadn't accomplished yet.
-
http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/ (http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/)
I've lost way too much productive time to this game to not reveal it to others, so that they may fall victim to it as well, making me look better by comparison.
You are a bad person.
-
I did not need this link to find me the first day of finals. Thanks asshole.
-
I did not need this link to find me the first day of finals. Thanks asshole.
No shit - and I got a movie to watch.
-
I did not need this link to find me the first day of finals. Thanks asshole.
Hey, my first day of finals too. I took two test today, one friday, and two next wednesday.
-
Hey, my first day of finals too. I took two test today, one friday, and two next wednesday.
I suggest getting high.
-
I am really drunk right now, if that is good enough.
-
Ok halfway done with finals in only a day. Now its time to pop a klonopin with some anchor steam to wash down the anchor steam and anchor steam.
-
My TD strategy: use peppers to build a basic maze structure. Build a line of squirters somewhere near the middle, and support them with a Frost on the end. Get a typhoon tower (Squirter 6) as soon as possible. I haven't lost yet on normal. I don't know if this works on hard, and is probably inefficient for easy.
EDIT: My favorite thing about this game is that, when minimized or alt-tabbed out of, "Desktop Tower Defense" looks like an antivirus program.
-
dude, klonapins? fuck that shit.
PS My first exam is tomorrow. The rest of this week has been "Reading Week"-- AKA staying up until 4 or 5 AM every day for a week playing Age of Empires, drinking, walking to the grocery store to buy pizza...
the professors of the only two classes I was worried about my grade in told me the worst I'll get is a B-. So. Considering I should have C's in both of those classes...
-
the fuck you got against chill pills?
-
the only guy I know who fucks with those has done a long series of dumb shit while on them?
If I recall correctly, he and his friends tried to rob a convenience store, and then in the middle of pretending they had guns or whatever, one of them started just bawling. and then they all did, and were so upset and apologizey that the guy let them go. and then on the way home he fell off his (moped? dirtbike? something) and fucked up his face (temporarily, but there is scarring.)
-
the only guy I know who fucks with those has done a long series of dumb shit while on them?
If I recall correctly, he and his friends tried to rob a convenience store, and then in the middle of pretending they had guns or whatever, one of them started just bawling. and then they all did, and were so upset and apologizey that the guy let them go. and then on the way home he fell off his (moped? dirtbike? something) and fucked up his face (temporarily, but there is scarring.)
That sounds like a personal problem of your friends'. For me, it usually means watching a dvd and genuinely feeling relaxed. The general anxiety for which they were prescribed goes away and life seems good for a few hours. I can't imagine under what circumstances I'd feel compelled to rob someone of their property in this state.
-
ah, see, when you said you were going to take some and then drink... I assumed this was a recreational thing.
they were prescribed
that is the difference.
-
Also, you mainly just chill anyways. I find it is like being drunk with out the energy and with possibly more stupidness. One time I swam with my cell phone, wallet, etc. fully clothed on those.
-
Also, you mainly just chill anyways. I find it is like being drunk with out the energy and with possibly more stupidness. One time I swam with my cell phone, wallet, etc. fully clothed on those.
[/quote]the only guy I know who fucks with those has done a long series of dumb shit while on them?
If I recall correctly, he and his friends tried to rob a convenience store, and then in the middle of pretending they had guns or whatever, one of them started just bawling. and then they all did, and were so upset and apologizey that the guy let them go. and then on the way home he fell off his (moped? dirtbike? something) and fucked up his face (temporarily, but there is scarring.)
The lesson here, kids, is not to use Rx medicine that hasn't been given to you by a medical professional to treat a legitimate condition.
-
But it was fun, and the cell phone company gave me a free phone. Swimming is different than robbery.
Also, I am loving this game. Anyone else still playing?
-
I played for quite a while last night, but didn't adequately defend against the fly-ey ones.
I also feel like my purity of game is ruined, as I lost my drive, and looked at the maze designs of the people with the top scores.
PS his maze design makes no sense, but apparently it works for him?
-
Im still trying different strategies to get it so i can just hit "next" continuously
So far I love the fully upgraded missile thing, the ICBM launcher. Put a couple of those by the front door and the splash effect kills a whole group
-
I played for quite a while last night, but didn't adequately defend against the fly-ey ones.
I also feel like my purity of game is ruined, as I lost my drive, and looked at the maze designs of the people with the top scores.
PS his maze design makes no sense, but apparently it works for him?
Some people sell a bunch of towers at the end to try and keep their designs secret.
-
I kind of feel like his design... I think I know what I need to do!
-
update: that was not what I needed to do.
The concept was rocket launchers, making zig-zags, so as to maximize the number of launchers in range at any given time. The problem: I couldn't afford it fast enough. Also, shooting down the flying ones.
-
The flying creeps are the worst - the most effective weapon for hitting large groups (the fully upgraded squirt tower) is useless against them. I've found a sort of mini-strategy that works against them. The first level of flyers, you don't need Swarm Towers. The second wave, you need the basic tower, preferably one for each directional wave. Each successive level, the towers need upgraded. After a few waves, you probably need a third near the center.
I've gotten to a point where I can succeed against the Normal level, but I can't bring the heat fast enough to earn a spot on the leaderboard.
-
For those who got way too into the game like I did... new version released today. New towers, new creeps, new swears and frustrating item-throws-across-the-living-room being invented.
-
What the fuck is with Dark Creeps?
Also, I guess if we were smart, we'd submit all our scores to the same group. Mine's Crunkcrunkable, but if you've got one that would be cool too.
-
What the fuck is with Dark Creeps?
The Darks have armor - you have to use upgraded weapons to damage them. A level 3 Squirt Tower will do the trick. A level 1 Ink Tower will work too, but those things suck so much ass it's barely worth it.