Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Desktop Tower Defense  (Read 6455 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Desktop Tower Defense
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:04:14 pm »

http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/

I've lost way too much productive time to this game to not reveal it to others, so that they may fall victim to it as well, making me look better by comparison.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:33:56 am »

I thought this was going to be about how a lot of people seem to use laptops exclusively now.

Although that's probably just here, being a college and all.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 12:52:27 am »

Yeah Dan I thought the same thing. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 01:11:01 am »

I'm more familiar with this version.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 01:32:06 am »

I like DTD better because it's not all about selling. The fact that FlashElementTD gives points for leftover gold and has interest puts too much emphasis on skimping and last-minute selling of towers.

Although when DTD 1.2 came out people were pissed because the strategy of that game was altered. It's a lot harder to get 8,000 points now.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 02:42:48 am »

currently my strategy is to build a maze/pathway of towers so that it takes them as long as possible to get to the end. So far, it is working... but I can't decide what the optimal tower choice is.

EDIT: ok, apparently that only works on easy mode. goddamn.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 02:46:21 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 03:01:09 am »

currently my strategy is to build a maze/pathway of towers so that it takes them as long as possible to get to the end. So far, it is working... but I can't decide what the optimal tower choice is.

EDIT: ok, apparently that only works on easy mode. goddamn.

If you look in the Fun section you can there's a version of Normal where you start with $10K. Which is good for getting used to having 2 lines. As a hint you probably either want to go with a double-spiral maze or go with asymmetric Frosts (put a Frost right near one entrance but not the other).

Oh, and on Normal you'll need 3 Storm towers to beat all the flyers.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 05:32:30 am »

I can already see where this could become a problem. So I'll turn it into a solution to my problem of only 6/12-15 pages written on voting behavior. Fifty words for every level.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 05:41:18 am »

I funnest way is to play on 10000$ and try to get it where you can knock of like 30 attacks at once.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 04:46:08 pm »

I funnest way is to play on 10000$ and try to get it where you can knock of like 30 attacks at once.

In the $10K game you can actually get a perfect score. If you build your maze right you can just hold down the N key for all 50 levels for the maximum time bonus plus the bonus for losing no lives.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 10:53:11 pm »

that is what I am working towards, but hadn't accomplished yet.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 04:22:51 am »

http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/

I've lost way too much productive time to this game to not reveal it to others, so that they may fall victim to it as well, making me look better by comparison.

You are a bad person.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 04:23:28 am »

I did not need this link to find me the first day of finals. Thanks asshole.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 04:29:47 am »

I did not need this link to find me the first day of finals. Thanks asshole.

No shit - and I got a movie to watch.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 06:27:16 am »

I did not need this link to find me the first day of finals. Thanks asshole.

Hey, my first day of finals too.  I took two test today, one friday, and two next wednesday.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up