The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Science & Nature => Topic started by: KeithHernandez on May 07, 2007, 06:33:26 am
-
I am looking for a browser with a mute opition or a way to mute BonEcho, Firefox, Safari or Camino. I use a mac, so that is a thing. It is real annoying to try to play, for instance, Desktop Tower Defense and listen to iTunes and have to choose. Any help would be awesome.
-
you can mute Desktop Defense right there in the game.
... but yeah, i am interested in a way to mute Firefox, too.
-
Whoa, where?
Edit: Oh, yeah, the huge mute button. It was too obvious for me to see. Anyhow, yeah, it would still be awesome, that way I could maybe go to myspace pages or espn, etc.
And get rid of l l l damn things.
\/ \/ \/
-
HELLO, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE JUST BEEN SELECTED TO WIN A FREE IPOD NANO, SIMPLY CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO COMPLETE SOME OFFERS FROM OUR SPONSORS
-
HELLO, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE JUST BEEN SELECTED TO WIN A FREE IPOD NANO, SIMPLY CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO COMPLETE SOME OFFERS FROM OUR SPONSORS
Hell Yes.
-
Whoa, where?
Edit: Oh, yeah, the huge mute button. It was too obvious for me to see. Anyhow, yeah, it would still be awesome, that way I could maybe go to myspace pages or espn, etc.
And get rid of l l l damn things.
\/ \/ \/
But MySpace doesn't actually make any sounds unless you click the little play arrow. So just don't do that.
-
Whoever thought that ad banners needed to talk should be dragged out into the street and shot posthaste. I'm serious.
-
But MySpace doesn't actually make any sounds unless you click the little play arrow. So just don't do that.
I specifically changed my settings to "don't automatically play music or videos on people's profiles" yet I CONSTANTLY get a barrage of stupid-ass songs every time I open someone's profile. It fuckin' sucks. Screw you, MySpace.
-
I find that an effective solution to this problem is never to look at MySpace ever.
-
I find that an effective solution to this problem is never to look at MySpace ever.
Works for me too!
-
Whats Myspace? Some kind MMORPG?
-
Whoa, where?
Edit: Oh, yeah, the huge mute button. It was too obvious for me to see. Anyhow, yeah, it would still be awesome, that way I could maybe go to myspace pages or espn, etc.
And get rid of l l l damn things.
\/ \/ \/
You were stoned and you missed it.
-
My favourite (read: completely not favourite) part about myspace, lately, is how all the ads are... those annoying ads for one of the big online dating services where, like, it's a fifteen second loop of some girl on a couch essentially sticking the camera further and further into her cleavage. I am exaggerating, of course, but distressingly not much.
I remember that short period of time where, like, online dating services were trying to "go legit" and... use advertisements with attractive-but-normal-attractive people in them and... generally play up the idea that since there are "real" people in the ads, shown with dignity, you... as a normal person... could actually meet someone interesting through these services.
And I thought to myself "well, THIS ain't gonna last long".
And... it sure didn't.
-
My favourite (read: completely not favourite) part about myspace, lately, is how all the ads are... those annoying ads for one of the big online dating services where, like, it's a fifteen second loop of some girl on a couch essentially sticking the camera further and further into her cleavage. I am exaggerating, of course, but distressingly not much.
I remember that short period of time where, like, online dating services were trying to "go legit" and... use advertisements with attractive-but-normal-attractive people in them and... generally play up the idea that since there are "real" people in the ads, shown with dignity, you... as a normal person... could actually meet someone interesting through these services.
And I thought to myself "well, THIS ain't gonna last long".
And... it sure didn't.
I actually met my fiancee through the Nerve/Spring Street/Salon/Onion personals. It looks like they at least still use the excerpts-from-real-ads method of advertising. Although they always seem to pick cute asian girls from NYC that put "Self Love: Often" in their profile.
-
Worst online ads were the ones from some national insurance company that had an individual, tiny, clickable object for each of the US states. That moved. And refreshed. And slowed your damn browser to a crawl. One particularly awful incarnation was a (dancing) pink flamingo. Thank god for Firefox and Flashblock. That ad alone was responsible for me bailing on IE forever (I had flirted with Opera and Avant up to that point as well).
-
You were stoned and you missed it.
Have you heard that Shel Silverstein song?
And yeah, I don't really go to myspace either (unless, ironically, I want to check out a local band), but I was just using that as an example, you know.
-
Well it's on the Mix Disc you made last year, so yeah.
-
Oh, right on. It is only good to me because I grew up with my mom reading his books to me for hours a day, maybe.
-
The mortgage ads with the dancing silhouettes kinda piss me off. They've been #1 on my personal internet shit list for a while now.
-
I use the firefox plugin NoScript. It's great. Coupled with adblock, you erase 95% of all annoying internet flashies.
-
I like adblock and noscript too but I'm standing by Wombat's not-touching-it-with-a-ten-foot-pole technique.
I suspect that is the first step that leads to my dad not being able to work out dvd menus.
-
Oh, right on. It is only good to me because I grew up with my mom reading his books to me for hours a day, maybe.
In case you didn't know, now that you're older, you can check out the Shel Silverstein stuff for grown-ups. (http://members.tripod.com/crazcowboy/Silverstein/shelist.htm) My boss was trying to convince me that he could adapt Hamlet as Told on the Street (http://members.tripod.com/crazcowboy/Silverstein/hamlet.htm) for some of the kids at our theatre school. Needless to say, after I found him the full lyrics he realized it wasn't happening. Silverstein is a genius.
-
Yeah, I just got like 3 of his albums today and I checked wikipedia for some of his adult books as I knew he did playboy and such. Now that summer is here and classes are gone I will definitely be checking out some of his stuff.