Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Shut Up  (Read 5747 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Please Shut Up
« on: May 07, 2007, 06:33:26 am »

I am looking for a browser with a mute opition or a way to mute BonEcho, Firefox, Safari or Camino.  I use a mac, so that is a thing.  It is real annoying to try to play, for instance, Desktop Tower Defense and listen to iTunes and have to choose.  Any help would be awesome.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 08:40:39 am »

you can mute Desktop Defense right there in the game.

... but yeah, i am interested in a way to mute Firefox, too.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:56:32 am »

Whoa, where?

Edit:  Oh, yeah, the huge mute button.  It was too obvious for me to see.  Anyhow, yeah, it would still be awesome, that way I could maybe go to myspace pages or espn, etc.

And get rid of    l    l    l     damn things.
                      \/  \/  \/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 09:30:29 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 09:22:16 am »

HELLO, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE JUST BEEN SELECTED TO WIN A FREE IPOD NANO, SIMPLY CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO COMPLETE SOME OFFERS FROM OUR SPONSORS
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 09:27:12 am »

HELLO, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE JUST BEEN SELECTED TO WIN A FREE IPOD NANO, SIMPLY CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO COMPLETE SOME OFFERS FROM OUR SPONSORS

Hell Yes.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 01:15:19 pm »

Whoa, where?

Edit:  Oh, yeah, the huge mute button.  It was too obvious for me to see.  Anyhow, yeah, it would still be awesome, that way I could maybe go to myspace pages or espn, etc.

And get rid of    l    l    l     damn things.
                      \/  \/  \/

But MySpace doesn't actually make any sounds unless you click the little play arrow. So just don't do that.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 01:17:56 pm »

Whoever thought that ad banners needed to talk should be dragged out into the street and shot posthaste. I'm serious.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 02:42:57 pm »

But MySpace doesn't actually make any sounds unless you click the little play arrow. So just don't do that.

I specifically changed my settings to "don't automatically play music or videos on people's profiles" yet I CONSTANTLY get a barrage of stupid-ass songs every time I open someone's profile. It fuckin' sucks. Screw you, MySpace.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 03:02:13 pm »

I find that an effective solution to this problem is never to look at MySpace ever.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 04:08:06 pm »

I find that an effective solution to this problem is never to look at MySpace ever.

Works for me too!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 04:47:13 pm »

Whats Myspace? Some kind MMORPG?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 05:11:27 pm »

Whoa, where?

Edit:  Oh, yeah, the huge mute button.  It was too obvious for me to see.  Anyhow, yeah, it would still be awesome, that way I could maybe go to myspace pages or espn, etc.

And get rid of    l    l    l     damn things.
                      \/  \/  \/

You were stoned and you missed it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 05:26:47 pm »

My favourite (read: completely not favourite) part about myspace, lately, is how all the ads are... those annoying ads for one of the big online dating services where, like, it's a fifteen second loop of some girl on a couch essentially sticking the camera further and further into her cleavage. I am exaggerating, of course, but distressingly not much.

I remember that short period of time where, like, online dating services were trying to "go legit" and... use advertisements with attractive-but-normal-attractive people in them and... generally play up the idea that since there are "real" people in the ads, shown with dignity, you... as a normal person... could actually meet someone interesting through these services.

And I thought to myself "well, THIS ain't gonna last long".

And... it sure didn't.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 07:49:00 pm »

My favourite (read: completely not favourite) part about myspace, lately, is how all the ads are... those annoying ads for one of the big online dating services where, like, it's a fifteen second loop of some girl on a couch essentially sticking the camera further and further into her cleavage. I am exaggerating, of course, but distressingly not much.

I remember that short period of time where, like, online dating services were trying to "go legit" and... use advertisements with attractive-but-normal-attractive people in them and... generally play up the idea that since there are "real" people in the ads, shown with dignity, you... as a normal person... could actually meet someone interesting through these services.

And I thought to myself "well, THIS ain't gonna last long".

And... it sure didn't.

I actually met my fiancee through the Nerve/Spring Street/Salon/Onion personals. It looks like they at least still use the excerpts-from-real-ads method of advertising. Although they always seem to pick cute asian girls from NYC that put "Self Love: Often" in their profile.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Please Shut Up
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 08:59:02 pm »

Worst online ads were the ones from some national insurance company that had an individual,  tiny, clickable object for each of the US states.  That moved.  And refreshed.  And slowed your damn browser to a crawl.  One particularly awful incarnation was a (dancing) pink flamingo. Thank god for Firefox and Flashblock.  That ad alone was responsible for me bailing on IE forever (I had flirted with Opera and Avant up to that point as well).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up