The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jaydub on May 31, 2007, 01:02:16 am

Title: TACO interview?
Post by: jaydub on May 31, 2007, 01:02:16 am
Celebrating the TACO lifestyle (http://www.lataco.com/taco/interview-with-chris-onstadt-achewood)?  WTF is a TACO lifestyle?  Is this some sort of post-modern excessively self-aware LA thing?
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: linnea on May 31, 2007, 01:50:24 am
Onstad likes organ meat, eh?

One of the coolest women that I know is stunningly gorgeous lady who's in her 50s. She is the quintessential badass runner: she's a size four, and she runs marathons. Like many Eastern European women, she is effortlessly stylish and is always toffed to the nines. Even out here! Anyway, she eats crazy stuff like cod milt* because she came from roots where absolutely nothing is wasted. I just stare at her in amazement. Good for her, but...damn. I could not do that.

I don't eat meat that often, but when I do it's only certain cuts and never organ meats. I suppose that is really bourgeois and retarded, but I can't do the other stuff. I can't even eat a chicken leg cuz of the tendons and veins floppin' around in there.




*cod milt is sperm from the cod giraffe. It is a delicacy in some countries similar to caviar.
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: pmcd9 on June 01, 2007, 02:40:22 am
I don't want a cod MILF.
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: Nabubrush on June 01, 2007, 03:11:08 am
Anyway, she eats crazy stuff like cod milt* because she came from roots where absolutely nothing is wasted.

A girl who eats milt is ok in my book.

Also, it's funny that they spell Onstad "Onstadt" in the url.

Quote from: Chris Onstad
CO: Bryson, Barry, Twain, Elton, Wodehouse, Adams, Vonnegut, John Irving, Arthur Conan Doyle, Jack Handey, Al Franken, that sort of thing. Those sorts of guys. Tina Fey. Aaron Sorkin.

He tosses out Bryson, Barry, Elton & Adams, and then specifies the Arthur version of Conan Doyle. Interesting. I'm assuming Bill Bryson, Ben Elton and Douglas Adams, but which Barry, Chris? WHICH BARRY??

Shit, maybe the Elton was A.E. Van Vogt.
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: jaydub on June 01, 2007, 04:01:29 am
Anyway, she eats crazy stuff like cod milt* because she came from roots where absolutely nothing is wasted. 

Presumably, one should enunciate clearly at her house, when asking for a glass of cold milk.
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: theinevitable on June 01, 2007, 04:09:59 am
if I keep taking arabic, I am going to devise a "Who's on first?" style skit. The joke will revolve around the fact that "ma" means water, and "ma' " means "What". (the " ' " is a glottal stop. Or... maybe it's spelled with an Ayn? (the arabic letter, not the horrible woman.))
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: AugustWest on June 01, 2007, 04:29:14 am
but which Barry, Chris? WHICH BARRY??


I assumed it was Dave.
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: jaydub on June 01, 2007, 04:34:44 am
I assumed it was Dave.

John Barry is surprisingly erudite.  He and I were in high school together.  At one point, I was even taller than him.  Now I think he's, like, two of me.

Ugh, 20 year reunion's coming up this summer, too. 
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: Nabubrush on June 01, 2007, 11:05:09 pm
I assumed it was Dave.

Huh - I assumed Lynda.

Maybe Tom?
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: mrdna1 on June 02, 2007, 12:21:32 am
He tosses out Bryson, Barry, Elton & Adams, and then specifies the Arthur version of Conan Doyle. Interesting. I'm assuming Bill Bryson, Ben Elton and Douglas Adams, but which Barry, Chris? WHICH BARRY??
White.
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: AugustWest on June 02, 2007, 01:32:04 am
White.
Can.
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: linnea on June 02, 2007, 02:17:58 am
Huh - I assumed Lynda.

Can. I loved Marlys, haven't read it in a long time.
Title: Re: TACO interview?
Post by: jough on June 04, 2007, 02:46:24 am
Lynda Barry is the funk queen of Akron, OH.