Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TACO interview?  (Read 2639 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
TACO interview?
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:02:16 am »

Celebrating the TACO lifestyle?  WTF is a TACO lifestyle?  Is this some sort of post-modern excessively self-aware LA thing?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 01:50:24 am »

Onstad likes organ meat, eh?

One of the coolest women that I know is stunningly gorgeous lady who's in her 50s. She is the quintessential badass runner: she's a size four, and she runs marathons. Like many Eastern European women, she is effortlessly stylish and is always toffed to the nines. Even out here! Anyway, she eats crazy stuff like cod milt* because she came from roots where absolutely nothing is wasted. I just stare at her in amazement. Good for her, but...damn. I could not do that.

I don't eat meat that often, but when I do it's only certain cuts and never organ meats. I suppose that is really bourgeois and retarded, but I can't do the other stuff. I can't even eat a chicken leg cuz of the tendons and veins floppin' around in there.




*cod milt is sperm from the cod giraffe. It is a delicacy in some countries similar to caviar.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 02:40:22 am »

I don't want a cod MILF.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 03:11:08 am »

Anyway, she eats crazy stuff like cod milt* because she came from roots where absolutely nothing is wasted.

A girl who eats milt is ok in my book.

Also, it's funny that they spell Onstad "Onstadt" in the url.

Quote from: Chris Onstad
CO: Bryson, Barry, Twain, Elton, Wodehouse, Adams, Vonnegut, John Irving, Arthur Conan Doyle, Jack Handey, Al Franken, that sort of thing. Those sorts of guys. Tina Fey. Aaron Sorkin.

He tosses out Bryson, Barry, Elton & Adams, and then specifies the Arthur version of Conan Doyle. Interesting. I'm assuming Bill Bryson, Ben Elton and Douglas Adams, but which Barry, Chris? WHICH BARRY??

Shit, maybe the Elton was A.E. Van Vogt.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 04:01:29 am »

Anyway, she eats crazy stuff like cod milt* because she came from roots where absolutely nothing is wasted. 

Presumably, one should enunciate clearly at her house, when asking for a glass of cold milk.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 04:09:59 am »

if I keep taking arabic, I am going to devise a "Who's on first?" style skit. The joke will revolve around the fact that "ma" means water, and "ma' " means "What". (the " ' " is a glottal stop. Or... maybe it's spelled with an Ayn? (the arabic letter, not the horrible woman.))
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 04:29:14 am »

but which Barry, Chris? WHICH BARRY??


I assumed it was Dave.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 04:34:44 am »

I assumed it was Dave.

John Barry is surprisingly erudite.  He and I were in high school together.  At one point, I was even taller than him.  Now I think he's, like, two of me.

Ugh, 20 year reunion's coming up this summer, too. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 11:05:09 pm »

I assumed it was Dave.

Huh - I assumed Lynda.

Maybe Tom?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 12:21:32 am »

He tosses out Bryson, Barry, Elton & Adams, and then specifies the Arthur version of Conan Doyle. Interesting. I'm assuming Bill Bryson, Ben Elton and Douglas Adams, but which Barry, Chris? WHICH BARRY??
White.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 01:32:04 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 02:17:58 am »

Huh - I assumed Lynda.

Can. I loved Marlys, haven't read it in a long time.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TACO interview?
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 02:46:24 am »

Lynda Barry is the funk queen of Akron, OH.
Pages: [1]   Go Up