The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: HudsonVC on July 02, 2007, 07:44:08 am

Title: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: HudsonVC on July 02, 2007, 07:44:08 am
Oynay omblemprey, hombre:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07022007 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07022007)
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: wombat on July 02, 2007, 12:30:17 pm
"Proprietary, organic" hair dressing. In Lyle's case I don't know to know more about what that means. Ugh.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: linnea on July 02, 2007, 01:03:09 pm
Also Lyle's progression in sexual taste has degenerated to what we see on the Achewood trading card. Yuck.

No deodorant listed, but cologne like Old Spice and Bristol Chimney Wind take its stead.

Classic Lyle.

Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: AugustWest on July 02, 2007, 01:19:00 pm
Lyle.  He holds all the cards.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: CortJstr on July 02, 2007, 01:52:15 pm
"Proprietary, organic" hair dressing. In Lyle's case I don't know to know more about what that means. Ugh.

Don't forget that Lyle was actually shown to be a more than competent hair dresser back during the Sani-Taco arc. So I think that for once wombat actually needs to get her mind out of the gutter.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: pmcd9 on July 02, 2007, 04:04:52 pm
Hole Man

I"m laughing uncontrollably.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: jaydub on July 02, 2007, 04:07:46 pm
Hole Man

Does this mean he's completely non-discriminant?  Any port in a storm, so to speak?
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: theinevitable on July 02, 2007, 05:33:53 pm
he holds all the cards.

beautiful.

I feel that this is the time to say something like "you know, I just realized that I have never seen any sort of print pornography (except, you know, the outsides of mags.)"
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: side_show on July 02, 2007, 06:31:20 pm
Does this mean he's completely non-discriminant?  Any port in a storm, so to speak?

Well, if an ass man is turned on by asses, a breast man by breasts, then he is turn on by holes.  That is what that means.  He is turned on by holes.  That's my interpretation.  ...Of course, I've had it in the ear before.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: jaydub on July 02, 2007, 07:14:48 pm
Maybe it unfolds accordion style.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: jaydub on July 02, 2007, 07:26:04 pm
...Of course, I've had it in the ear before.

That's a tragic level of endowment, there - unless you're talking female (in which case its arguably one of the more exotic encounters of which I've heard.)
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: V-Adore on July 02, 2007, 07:31:00 pm
C'mon, no comments about "Lyle Roscoe Gabriel?" That is the kind of name that dooms a dude.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: Drastic Action on July 02, 2007, 11:13:56 pm
I thought the multiple pages was just sort of a side-note emphasizing how ridiculous the whole endeavor was.  Not only are your friends' sexual deviances listed on playing cards, but they are no longer just cards themselves, and require multiple pages.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: side_show on July 03, 2007, 03:06:43 am
That's a tragic level of endowment, there - unless you're talking female (in which case its arguably one of the more exotic encounters of which I've heard.)

Uh... Iggy Pop. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPIjsGl4JIc)  Sorry to disappoint, in truth I've neither had a dick or a lady's love flaps in intimate contact with my ear.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: oball on July 03, 2007, 03:40:57 am
Aw dammit, you explained the reference before I could post something proving that I got it and thus making me better than jaydub.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get my smug sense of self-superiority the old fashioned way - by insulting minorities.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: linnea on July 03, 2007, 04:08:09 am
I think this is the second mention (http://achewood.com/?date=07142003) of the Kia Sedona in Achewood. Lyle had been hopin' for one in the Pepsi giveaway but instead won Oasis. Does the smacking on the back of the head mean that the Kia is a no-brainer in the joke where the amusingly-named Daihatsu automatically loses due to the name? Does Lyle really feel that strongly about third rate vehicles, or is the whole question stupid since he's a Chevy man?
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: Dexter on July 03, 2007, 04:56:15 am
the amusingly-named Daihatsu

Fun fact: Japanese cars really are that goofily named.  Example: the Honda That's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_That's).  Sadly, we'll probably never know what That is.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: jaydub on July 03, 2007, 05:17:38 am
Fun fact: Japanese cars really are that goofily named.  Example: the Honda That's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_That's).  Sadly, we'll probably never know what That is.

Weird.  I didn't know Japanese had a θ sound.  Or do they call it the "Dats"?
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: wombat on July 03, 2007, 12:14:43 pm
Japanese does not have that sound, nor can it end a word in a ts cluster.  It would have to be the Datsu.

Now I really want one -what clinches it is that the Japanese website has a whole page on travelling with your dog. With measurements. Of dogs. I am not sure why, but I like it.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: Dexter on July 03, 2007, 01:32:03 pm
Japanese does not have that sound, nor can it end a word in a ts cluster.  It would have to be the Datsu.
It's actually ザッツ (Zattsu), or at least that's how it appears on the Japanese Wikipedia (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ホンダ・ザッツ) and Honda's own site (http://www.honda.co.jp/Thats/).
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 03, 2007, 02:22:06 pm
We almost bought a Kia Sedona.  Instead we went with the Honda Odyssey.

Yeah, that's right, we have a minivan.  Screw you.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: Dexter on July 03, 2007, 02:32:57 pm
Tai-ni Cannu for you.
In fairness, I'm not a Japanese speaker; I just play one on TV I am, however, a huge language nerd.  So ... I guess what I'm trying to say here is, don't come to me if you need something translated from Japanese.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: wombat on July 03, 2007, 02:41:26 pm
It's actually ザッツ (Zattsu), or at least that's how it appears on the Japanese Wikipedia (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ホンダ・ザッツ) and Honda's own site (http://www.honda.co.jp/Thats/).


You are right. I wrote a whole paper about this topic (substitutes for that sound in various languages), published it and everything, and I FORGOT which sound Japanese used as a substitute. You have no idea how glorious this is. Thank you.

I see now that the pronunciation is indeed clearly indicated on their web page, which I didn't notice because I immediately clicked on the dog pictures.  I have definitely moved on in terms of my major obsessions in life.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: jaydub on July 03, 2007, 04:25:55 pm
We almost bought a Kia Sedona.  Instead we went with the Honda Odyssey.

Yeah, that's right, we have a minivan.  Screw you.

No need for defensiveness.  We have one too.  IMO, there's a degree of honesty involved in picking a minivan over an SUV when it comes to the family vehicle.  I think a lot of people who end up with SUVs need a minivan (cargo, people moving) but can't take the domestic image.  So they spend way more than they need to and end up with worse gas mileage.  Its all about the right tool for the job, people.
Title: Re: 02 July 2007 - Completely Ruined Junk #28
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 03, 2007, 05:14:33 pm
One of the most insulting commercials in recent memory was for some SUV or other.  It featured two guys way out in the sticks in their truck, eating bugs and sleeping on the ground.  Then this SUV goes by, and there are three kids in the back seat, WATCHING CARTOONS ON THE fuck*ng IN-CAR DVD SYSTEM.  Their parents bring them out in the great outdoors in the big fuckin' gas guzzler, and they don't have the COMMON fuck*ng DECENCY TO LOOK OUT THE fuck*ng WINDOW.

Fuck that shit.  I MEAN it.