The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Carlos del Vaca on July 05, 2007, 07:16:40 pm

Title: Conchita lives!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 05, 2007, 07:16:40 pm
I just got the daily e-mail listing people in our company who are looking for new projects.  I deleted it quickly, as I always do, but then I did a double-take and retrieved it from the trash.  Turns out we have an employee named Conchita, and we all know what Conchita means (http://raysmuckles.blogspot.com/2004/07/oh-damn.html).

Go.............. figure.
Title: Re: Conchita lives!
Post by: Nabubrush on July 05, 2007, 07:52:02 pm
I just got the daily e-mail listing people in our company who are looking for new projects.  I deleted it quickly, as I always do, but then I did a double-take and retrieved it from the trash.  Turns out we have an employee named Conchita, and we all know what Conchita means (http://raysmuckles.blogspot.com/2004/07/oh-damn.html).

Go.............. figure.

Let us know how your new project for her goes, would ya?
Title: Re: Conchita lives!
Post by: theinevitable on July 05, 2007, 08:00:46 pm
this is ripe for happening to my family. My brother and I constantly make up spanish words.

I think I have done it at least once. "Poto" means "Butt" in most South American countries. I made it into a verb-- Potitando. My mom whipped her head around, and said "WHAT!?" She then told me to not repeat it.

I can't find any results for it on google. Literally translated, it should mean something like "little butt-ing." I used it to refer to shaking my non-existent ass.
Title: Re: Conchita lives!
Post by: Hambone on July 08, 2007, 04:17:14 am
What (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conchita_Martinez) the (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000744/) hell (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1462727/)?

(In all fairness, the last one is presumably accurate.)
Title: Re: Conchita lives!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 09, 2007, 02:56:54 pm
What (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conchita_Martinez) the (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000744/) hell (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1462727/)?

(In all fairness, the last one is presumably accurate.)

Okay people, let's get some education all up in.

"Concha" does not mean 'pussy' per se, it means "shell."

Which of course is interpreted metaphorically kind of like how the English use the term 'oyster' (as in, "the world is your ..").

"Conchita" means "little shell."

Someone can be legitimately called "Conchita" in the same way that, say, Richard Nixon was called "Tricky Dick." Strictly speaking, it's not an obscenity, but MAN, could you have picked better verbiage.

Title: Re: Conchita lives!
Post by: Nabubrush on July 09, 2007, 03:50:01 pm
Okay people, let's get some education all up in.

"Concha" does not mean 'pussy' per se, it means "shell."

Which of course is interpreted metaphorically kind of like how the English use the term 'oyster' (as in, "the world is your ..").

"Conchita" means "little shell."

Someone can be legitimately called "Conchita" in the same way that, say, Richard Nixon was called "Tricky Dick." Strictly speaking, it's not an obscenity, but MAN, could you have picked better verbiage.



Somebody should probably tell her (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000744/) that she picked the wrong verbiage.
Title: Re: Conchita lives!
Post by: Hambone on July 10, 2007, 08:32:17 am
Fair enough!  I know it means "shell", but... well, I guess I could go into a whole spiel about how this seems odd, but guys called "Dick" doesn't seem odd, though I sort of assumed in this case that "dick" i.e. c*ck was because of the name, whereas in this case the use of the word as a name and the use of the word to describe genitals are probably essentially separate, so does that make it different?

But anyway, it probably doesn't seem weirder than Dick because of etymology, or some kind of sexual double standard, it's because I've known that Dick was a name for a guy since I was a small boy, and also that it meant "c*ck" since, well, whenever one usually finds out that bit of information.  So I'm used to it.
Title: Re: Conchita lives!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 10, 2007, 01:19:30 pm
(http://www.bigfool.com/pictures/seriousbeef.gif)
Title: Re: Conchita lives!
Post by: Nabubrush on July 10, 2007, 01:57:41 pm
Carlos, I expected better from you. I like to think TOUAMB as a whole is above that.