Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conchita lives!  (Read 2027 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Conchita lives!
« on: July 05, 2007, 07:16:40 pm »

I just got the daily e-mail listing people in our company who are looking for new projects.  I deleted it quickly, as I always do, but then I did a double-take and retrieved it from the trash.  Turns out we have an employee named Conchita, and we all know what Conchita means.

Go.............. figure.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Conchita lives!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 07:52:02 pm »

I just got the daily e-mail listing people in our company who are looking for new projects.  I deleted it quickly, as I always do, but then I did a double-take and retrieved it from the trash.  Turns out we have an employee named Conchita, and we all know what Conchita means.

Go.............. figure.

Let us know how your new project for her goes, would ya?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Conchita lives!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 08:00:46 pm »

this is ripe for happening to my family. My brother and I constantly make up spanish words.

I think I have done it at least once. "Poto" means "Butt" in most South American countries. I made it into a verb-- Potitando. My mom whipped her head around, and said "WHAT!?" She then told me to not repeat it.

I can't find any results for it on google. Literally translated, it should mean something like "little butt-ing." I used it to refer to shaking my non-existent ass.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hambone

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Conchita lives!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 04:17:14 am »

What the hell?

(In all fairness, the last one is presumably accurate.)
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Conchita lives!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 02:56:54 pm »

What the hell?

(In all fairness, the last one is presumably accurate.)

Okay people, let's get some education all up in.

"Concha" does not mean 'pussy' per se, it means "shell."

Which of course is interpreted metaphorically kind of like how the English use the term 'oyster' (as in, "the world is your ..").

"Conchita" means "little shell."

Someone can be legitimately called "Conchita" in the same way that, say, Richard Nixon was called "Tricky Dick." Strictly speaking, it's not an obscenity, but MAN, could you have picked better verbiage.

Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Conchita lives!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 03:50:01 pm »

Okay people, let's get some education all up in.

"Concha" does not mean 'pussy' per se, it means "shell."

Which of course is interpreted metaphorically kind of like how the English use the term 'oyster' (as in, "the world is your ..").

"Conchita" means "little shell."

Someone can be legitimately called "Conchita" in the same way that, say, Richard Nixon was called "Tricky Dick." Strictly speaking, it's not an obscenity, but MAN, could you have picked better verbiage.



Somebody should probably tell her that she picked the wrong verbiage.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Hambone

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Conchita lives!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 08:32:17 am »

Fair enough!  I know it means "shell", but... well, I guess I could go into a whole spiel about how this seems odd, but guys called "Dick" doesn't seem odd, though I sort of assumed in this case that "dick" i.e. c*ck was because of the name, whereas in this case the use of the word as a name and the use of the word to describe genitals are probably essentially separate, so does that make it different?

But anyway, it probably doesn't seem weirder than Dick because of etymology, or some kind of sexual double standard, it's because I've known that Dick was a name for a guy since I was a small boy, and also that it meant "c*ck" since, well, whenever one usually finds out that bit of information.  So I'm used to it.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Conchita lives!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 01:19:30 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Conchita lives!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 01:57:41 pm »

Carlos, I expected better from you. I like to think TOUAMB as a whole is above that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up