The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: linnea on July 06, 2007, 03:28:07 am
-
I realize that this is a bold statement.
But this is seriously... The. Worst. Trampstamp. Ever.
(SFW).
http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2006/07/tramp_stamp/corinthians_tramp_stamp.jpg
It sucks even more because it's guilty of egregious apostrophe abuse AND it comes damn close to ruining my favorite literary passage*.
This is courtesy of Kellichou, btw.
------------------------------
* Someone on a website (http://joeydevilla.com/2006/07/20/the-first-corinthians-tramp-stamp/#comment-853) posted this about Paul's first letter to the Corinthians:
The hilarious bit about 1st Corinthians 13 is that it is ALWAYS (when used in a wedding) taken completely out of context.
Biblical scholars (and anybody who studies ancient texts) should use hermeneutical analysis in their reading. They would thus know that the Apostle Paul spends the first twelve chapters of 1 Cor talking about “spiritual gifts” and their use in the church of Corinth. Then in 1 Cor 13 he starts talking about a better method of caring for the lost — that is, love — and how any of the spiritual gifts (speaking in tongues, healing the sick, and so on) is useless unless it is also exercised with love and compassion for your fellow man.
Then he goes on to define what love is and is not, in the context of exercising your spiritual gifts and Christian life. There's not one word about weddings in there, because it's not about the dynamics of family life and how how husbands and wives should love each other; it's about how Christians should demonstrate God's love to non-Christians — and each other.
-
I think it's very thoughtful of her. It could impart a profound, perhaps even life-changing message to the guy cornholing her after a few rounds of wings and Cadillac margaritas at Chili's.
-
That might just be a really unfortunately located mole.
-
I think it's very thoughtful of her. It could impart a profound, perhaps even life-changing message to the guy cornholing her after a few rounds of wings and Cadillac margaritas at Chili's.
Beat me to it... Sort of.
-
Beat me to it... Sort of.
Doesn't matter. Nabu earned a can.
-
* Someone on a website (http://joeydevilla.com/2006/07/20/the-first-corinthians-tramp-stamp/#comment-853) posted this about Paul's first letter to the Corinthians:
Biblical scholars (and anybody who studies ancient texts) should use hermeneutical analysis in their reading.
I think I need to lie down with a cool towel on my forehead after looking up that word (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_hermeneutics).
Education
-
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramp_stamp
In Germany the lower back tattoo is called an Arschgeweih, which literally means "ass antlers." This term was created by comedian Michael Mittermeier, and since there is no other simple word in German this term prevailed.[citation needed] It is also sometimes called Schlampenstempel, which means "tramp stamp," and is more pejorative than Arschgeweih.
ASS ANTLERS! ASS ANTLERS! HAHAHAHA1!!1!!
-
Okay, so, who's gonna get the antler tattoo back there?
Anyway, I have to give her credit for being thorough. That isn't just getting a little frog or something back there -- that must have taken a while to get fully inked. Strange, but at least she had the courage of her conviction, or a damn lot of liquid courage in its stead.
-
In Germany the lower back tattoo is called an Arschgeweih, which literally means "ass antlers." This term was created by comedian Michael Mittermeier, and since there is no other simple word in German this term prevailed.[citation needed] It is also sometimes called Schlampenstempel, which means "tramp stamp," and is more pejorative than Arschgeweih.
Fixed the hell out of that for you.
-
Why is this any worse than any other tattoo?
-
Why is this any worse than any other tattoo?
For me, its worse because of it's grammatical error, but I'm a pedant.
-
No dude wants to be looking down at come religious-themed cum-catcher on a lady's back. That is a total mood-killer.
-
No dude wants to be looking down at come religious-themed cum-catcher on a lady's back. That is a total mood-killer.
I find that cumming kills the mood all by itself.
I'm sorry. I had to.
-
My wife has a tattoo like this. Not like this in that it's biblical, but like this in that it takes up the lower 4th of her back, and the ends come around her back to her sides a bit.
I made a half-serious, half-joking proclamation that if I go back to school, I'm going to learn how to do laser tattoo removal, because in about 25 years when all these little hotties are in their 50s, and their tattoo no longer looks like a gazelle jumping out of a flaming yin-yang but instead looks such as an antelope plodding in front of a subway tunnel as the 5:30 Blue Line to Franconia-Springfield makes its way out from under the Pentagon, I'm gonna be rolling in phat loot. This almost got me hit.
-
This almost got me hit.
No kidding?
-
I made a half-serious, half-joking proclamation that if I go back to school, I'm going to learn how to do laser tattoo removal, because in about 25 years when all these little hotties are in their 50s, and their tattoo no longer looks like a gazelle jumping out of a flaming yin-yang but instead looks such as an antelope plodding in front of a subway tunnel as the 5:30 Blue Line to Franconia-Springfield makes its way out from under the Pentagon, I'm gonna be rolling in phat loot. This almost got me hit.
I, too, had once made a similar decision, with roughly equal proportions of joking and seriousness. But then I realized they probably require some kind of medical training before you can operate the Tat-B-Gon® laser, and I don't want to become an actual dermatologist (I don't want to have to look at people's grody-ass skin conditions), other kind of doctor (I don't want to have to look at other people's grody-ass other kind of conditions), or nurse (I don't want to... well, you see where this is going); I just want to zap people with frickin' laser beams. Another dream shattered, alas.
-
I don't want to become an actual dermatologist (I don't want to have to look at people's grody-ass skin conditions), other kind of doctor (I don't want to have to look at other people's grody-ass other kind of conditions), or nurse (I don't want to... well, you see where this is going); I just want to zap people with frickin' laser beams. Another dream shattered, alas.
Well, you could always become a super-villain. (http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=801379)
-
I, too, had once made a similar decision, with roughly equal proportions of joking and seriousness. But then I realized they probably require some kind of medical training before you can operate the Tat-B-Gon® laser, and I don't want to become an actual dermatologist (I don't want to have to look at people's grody-ass skin conditions), other kind of doctor (I don't want to have to look at other people's grody-ass other kind of conditions), or nurse (I don't want to... well, you see where this is going); I just want to zap people with frickin' laser beams. Another dream shattered, alas.
I have commented on the greatness of your Ben Folds line in your sig. Also can'd for the Dr. Evil reference.
I would like to become a doctor, or maybe a PA. I've seen a lot of crazy shit as an EMT, and it would be pretty rad to be an ER doc. in rural AK the PAs are pretty much like doctors anyway. However...I don't want to go back to school for another zillion years. I'm paying down $35,000 in student loans already for my degree in architecture/planning. Basically I just wish that I had toughened up and gone for pre-med when I was an undergrad.
-
Well, you could always become a super-villain. (http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=801379)
I thought of that, but the waiting list for the supervillain program at my local university is ridiculously long and going out of state would be way too expensive.
-
Another option is to work your way up in an evil empire. (https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_searchresults.asp?ref=782007161842)
-
I have an evil small-business right now. We're slowly working up to Empire.
-
As your attorney, I advise you to watch out for potential usurpers to the throne. This is a common problem - remember to update your insurance for this.
-
According to the National Laser Institute (http://www.nationallaserinstitute.com/index.html), if I'm reading this right, $1000 and 40 hours of training gets you set up to do laser tattoo removal. They're saying you could knock back $80,000 a year easily doing this. And that's today, while the number of tattoos getting done outdoes the number of tattoos coming off.
-
According to the National Laser Institute (http://www.nationallaserinstitute.com/index.html), if I'm reading this right, $1000 and 40 hours of training gets you set up to do laser tattoo removal. They're saying you could knock back $80,000 a year easily doing this. And that's today, while the number of tattoos getting done outdoes the number of tattoos coming off.
Yeah, but you got to buy the equipment from Goldfinger.
-
Yeah, but you got to buy the equipment from Goldfinger.
They got those $2.99 laser pointer things down at the 7-11... tape about ten of those in a convex pattern, I reckon we're in business.
-
Obviously this requires a reference to wicked lasers (http://www.wickedlasers.com/index.html), just in case there's a soul out there who never followed one of their ads.
-
Obviously this requires a reference to wicked lasers (http://www.wickedlasers.com/index.html), just in case there's a soul out there who never followed one of their ads.
Doc, there's people out there who actually haven't seen Blues Brothers, for chrissake.