Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.  (Read 11970 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 05:39:00 pm »

I made a half-serious, half-joking proclamation that if I go back to school, I'm going to learn how to do laser tattoo removal, because in about 25 years when all these little hotties are in their 50s, and their tattoo no longer looks like a gazelle jumping out of a flaming yin-yang but instead looks such as an antelope plodding in front of a subway tunnel as the 5:30 Blue Line to Franconia-Springfield makes its way out from under the Pentagon, I'm gonna be rolling in phat loot. This almost got me hit.
I, too, had once made a similar decision, with roughly equal proportions of joking and seriousness.  But then I realized they probably require some kind of medical training before you can operate the Tat-B-GonŽ laser, and I don't want to become an actual dermatologist (I don't want to have to look at people's grody-ass skin conditions), other kind of doctor (I don't want to have to look at other people's grody-ass other kind of conditions), or nurse (I don't want to...  well, you see where this is going); I just want to zap people with frickin' laser beams.  Another dream shattered, alas.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 06:33:49 pm »

I don't want to become an actual dermatologist (I don't want to have to look at people's grody-ass skin conditions), other kind of doctor (I don't want to have to look at other people's grody-ass other kind of conditions), or nurse (I don't want to...  well, you see where this is going); I just want to zap people with frickin' laser beams.  Another dream shattered, alas.

Well, you could always become a super-villain.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 07:05:28 pm »

I, too, had once made a similar decision, with roughly equal proportions of joking and seriousness.  But then I realized they probably require some kind of medical training before you can operate the Tat-B-GonŽ laser, and I don't want to become an actual dermatologist (I don't want to have to look at people's grody-ass skin conditions), other kind of doctor (I don't want to have to look at other people's grody-ass other kind of conditions), or nurse (I don't want to...  well, you see where this is going); I just want to zap people with frickin' laser beams.  Another dream shattered, alas.

I have commented on the greatness of your Ben Folds line in your sig. Also can'd for the Dr. Evil reference.

I would like to become a doctor, or maybe a PA. I've seen a lot of crazy shit as an EMT, and it would be pretty rad to be an ER doc. in rural AK the PAs are pretty much like doctors anyway. However...I don't want to go back to school for another zillion years. I'm paying down $35,000 in student loans already for my degree in architecture/planning. Basically I just wish that I had toughened up and gone for pre-med when I was an undergrad.
Logged

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2007, 08:02:31 pm »

Well, you could always become a super-villain.
I thought of that, but the waiting list for the supervillain program at my local university is ridiculously long and going out of state would be way too expensive.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 08:20:28 pm »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 08:22:35 pm »

I have an evil small-business right now.  We're slowly working up to Empire.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 08:26:04 pm »

As your attorney, I advise you to watch out for potential usurpers to the throne.  This is a common problem - remember to update your insurance for this.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 10:03:57 pm »

According to the National Laser Institute, if I'm reading this right, $1000 and 40 hours of training gets you set up to do laser tattoo removal. They're saying you could knock back $80,000 a year easily doing this. And that's today, while the number of tattoos getting done outdoes the number of tattoos coming off.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2007, 10:50:17 pm »

According to the National Laser Institute, if I'm reading this right, $1000 and 40 hours of training gets you set up to do laser tattoo removal. They're saying you could knock back $80,000 a year easily doing this. And that's today, while the number of tattoos getting done outdoes the number of tattoos coming off.


Yeah, but you got to buy the equipment from Goldfinger.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2007, 12:46:18 am »

Yeah, but you got to buy the equipment from Goldfinger.

They got those $2.99 laser pointer things down at the 7-11... tape about ten of those in a convex pattern, I reckon we're in business.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2007, 07:12:51 am »

Obviously this requires a reference to wicked lasers, just in case there's a soul out there who never followed one of their ads.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Worst "tramp stamp" ever.
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2007, 01:53:19 pm »

Obviously this requires a reference to wicked lasers, just in case there's a soul out there who never followed one of their ads.

Doc, there's people out there who actually haven't seen Blues Brothers, for chrissake.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up