The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: melack on July 23, 2007, 02:05:51 am

Title: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: melack on July 23, 2007, 02:05:51 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07232007

Kind of a filler strip, to be honest, but there is something that caught my attention. What happened to all of Ray's money? Why should Beef be concerned about a little ol' wedding tab? And isn't $25,000 a drop in the bucket compared to all that piano money he made way back when?

Please don't let Ray become the next MC Hammer.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: V-Adore on July 23, 2007, 02:34:35 am
I have to presume that Ray's spent a lot of his money on trivial things, like Airwolf, but that he's still got enough bank to keep his lifestyle rolling a while longer. Still, when you have an opportunity like LOVE IN THE TIME OF PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE, a dude just has to take it, you know? It is timely.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: RMJ12345 on July 23, 2007, 02:53:06 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07232007

Kind of a filler strip, to be honest, but there is something that caught my attention. What happened to all of Ray's money? Why should Beef be concerned about a little ol' wedding tab? And isn't $25,000 a drop in the bucket compared to all that piano money he made way back when?

Please don't let Ray become the next MC Hammer.

I wondered about this too.

The morning-after pill for the bridesmaids, the alt-text, and Kristi the series development manager push this strip over into awesome category in my book.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: theinevitable on July 23, 2007, 02:53:23 am
no matter how rich I am, I would still take the 25,000$.

I mean... 250 pages? 100 dollars per additional page? I know that maybe in Real Life 100$ is not that much, but... it is.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: linnea on July 23, 2007, 02:55:14 am
I wondered about this too.

The morning-after pill for the bridesmaids, the alt-text, and Kristi the series development manager push this strip over into awesome category in my book.

I mean, that's just...all-inclusive, you know? From the Save The Date cards to the bridesmaids' Plan B, that is just hella thoughtful of Ray. I really liked this strip, and the morning-after pills for the bridesmaids just had me dying with laughter. I love it.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: pmcd9 on July 23, 2007, 05:47:19 am
No, Ray can't be broke.  A, he's had money from the start, his family is rich.  B, he made millions in his deal with the devil/hit song.  C, sold some antique porn for hundres of millions.  D, everything he touches turns to gold.

I don't know why he's writing a harlequin romance either.  I don't know why Beef would ask him how he was going to pay for a wedding that is obviously petty cash to a dude like Ray.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: V-Adore on July 23, 2007, 06:34:22 am
I don't know why Beef would ask him how he was going to pay for a wedding that is obviously petty cash to a dude like Ray.

Maybe it has to do with Beef's being convinced that weddings are the most ridiculously expensive ripoff in history? Even though he presumably knows intellectually that Ray has the money -- indeed, that Ray has probably been ripped off playing pool with Cornelius for more money than Beef's wedding will cost -- it still feels so massive to him that he has to ask how Ray will cover it.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 23, 2007, 11:56:14 am

I don't know why he's writing a harlequin romance either.  I don't know why Beef would ask him how he was going to pay for a wedding that is obviously petty cash to a dude like Ray.


This kind of speculation is like asking why someone goes "Who's There?" in a knock-knock joke rather than just opening the door and seeing for himself.



It is the setup for the punchline and should be duly overlooked.

The punchline itself is pure comedy iron pyrite.

Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: wombat on July 23, 2007, 12:30:38 pm

I don't know why he's writing a harlequin romance either.

It's not for the money, obviously, it's because it's an idea of such genius that it would be wrong to deprive the world of it.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: Dexter on July 23, 2007, 04:11:06 pm
D, everything he touches turns to gold.
Unless, of course, he steps (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07182007) on it (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07192007).
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: CortJstr on July 23, 2007, 07:57:09 pm
Now Ray is totally taking over Mr. Bear's thing. If Ray starts writing closed captioning for Spice then he and Cornelius are going to have to throw down.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: pmcd9 on July 23, 2007, 09:20:53 pm
Didn't Ray write a Gay Romance Novel for Pat?
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: CortJstr on July 23, 2007, 10:30:37 pm
Didn't Ray write a Gay Romance Novel for Pat?

Let's see, there was Danger At 2 1/2 Feet (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04272004) which actually seems to be a good deal less bad than To Shave a Sailor (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01022007).
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: smick on July 23, 2007, 11:16:58 pm

This kind of speculation is like asking why someone goes "Who's There?" in a knock-knock joke rather than just opening the door and seeing for himself.


When someone says "Knock Knock" you ask "Who's there?" for safety!
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: Drygioni on July 24, 2007, 01:14:14 am
I read the thread title before the strip itself. Speculation abound on various famous footballers appearing in Achewood after Onstad's heathen lack of appreciation of Assoc(cer)iation football.

It was a nice birthday strip, though. I'm pretty sure we'd all love that Harlequin Romance job.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: nDed on July 24, 2007, 03:51:22 am
I thought the LOLcat romance novel thing was just Ray's way of turning his screwup into something more positive. This way he gets to make up for publicly humiliating Beef, and Beef won't feel too bad about accepting the money (assuming he finds out where it came from).
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: RMJ12345 on July 24, 2007, 06:28:04 am
Can to Judy for his icon, can to nDed for a good interpretation.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: EgoSumNoah on July 24, 2007, 08:34:09 am
Unless, of course, he steps (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07182007) on it (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07192007).

Interesting... Ray is standing on it.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: arkabee on July 24, 2007, 07:11:54 pm
meh.

i'm not feeling Roast Beef in this, at all.  he'd either cry from shame or go kick ray's ass in some Roast Beefesque manner.

meh.

Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: V-Adore on July 24, 2007, 08:33:54 pm
Dude, arkabee!

Take off your shoes and stay a while.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: theinevitable on July 25, 2007, 12:04:53 am
Quote
Stay and talk a while!
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 26, 2007, 06:52:37 pm
And now, my first LOLcat:

(http://chiaroscu.ro/lolcat.jpg)
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 26, 2007, 09:00:33 pm
Well-timed, because it means I don't have to find the prior LOLcat thread.

The value of PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE has been somewhat debated here, but even I, a prior LOLcat supporter, have to admit that this is lame beyond belief:  I clicked on a comment thread at icanhascheezburger.com, and something like 85% of the commenters post their comments in LOLcat-speak all the fucken time.

DORKS
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: V-Adore on July 26, 2007, 09:23:03 pm
The value of PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE has been somewhat debated here, but even I, a prior LOLcat supporter, have to admit that this is lame beyond belief:  I clicked on a comment thread at icanhascheezburger.com, and something like 85% of the commenters post their comments in LOLcat-speak all the fucken time.

Seconded. I still like PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE, but I never click on comment threads at ICHC, and I've even started visiting Cute Overload less as its jargon has become more inbred and infantile. I'm not exactly expecting Aristotle in the comments threads, but could we at least attempt standard English spelling and grammar, even on sites about cute animals?

(This is before we get into the unnerving realization that most of these people typing in baby talk are substantially older than I am.)
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: V-Adore on July 26, 2007, 10:29:28 pm
LOL's at V coming to terms with the non-link between age and maturity.

I know this is no great revelation on the Internet, but sometimes it can still be kind of eerie, you know? I mean, here are people who are probably fortysomething professionals, earnestly typing away about how they can has snorgletocks yey! Have some dignity, people!
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: jaydub on July 26, 2007, 11:08:37 pm
It probably has to do with male children who are old enough that they won't snuggle with Mommy any more.  Or female teenagers who won't even talk to Mom.
Title: Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
Post by: Doc on July 27, 2007, 11:12:16 am
dignity

Something the 'net has always been a bit lacking in.