Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO  (Read 4720 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« on: July 23, 2007, 02:05:51 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07232007

Kind of a filler strip, to be honest, but there is something that caught my attention. What happened to all of Ray's money? Why should Beef be concerned about a little ol' wedding tab? And isn't $25,000 a drop in the bucket compared to all that piano money he made way back when?

Please don't let Ray become the next MC Hammer.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 02:34:35 am »

I have to presume that Ray's spent a lot of his money on trivial things, like Airwolf, but that he's still got enough bank to keep his lifestyle rolling a while longer. Still, when you have an opportunity like LOVE IN THE TIME OF PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE, a dude just has to take it, you know? It is timely.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 02:53:06 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07232007

Kind of a filler strip, to be honest, but there is something that caught my attention. What happened to all of Ray's money? Why should Beef be concerned about a little ol' wedding tab? And isn't $25,000 a drop in the bucket compared to all that piano money he made way back when?

Please don't let Ray become the next MC Hammer.

I wondered about this too.

The morning-after pill for the bridesmaids, the alt-text, and Kristi the series development manager push this strip over into awesome category in my book.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 02:53:23 am »

no matter how rich I am, I would still take the 25,000$.

I mean... 250 pages? 100 dollars per additional page? I know that maybe in Real Life 100$ is not that much, but... it is.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 02:55:14 am »

I wondered about this too.

The morning-after pill for the bridesmaids, the alt-text, and Kristi the series development manager push this strip over into awesome category in my book.

I mean, that's just...all-inclusive, you know? From the Save The Date cards to the bridesmaids' Plan B, that is just hella thoughtful of Ray. I really liked this strip, and the morning-after pills for the bridesmaids just had me dying with laughter. I love it.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 05:47:19 am »

No, Ray can't be broke.  A, he's had money from the start, his family is rich.  B, he made millions in his deal with the devil/hit song.  C, sold some antique porn for hundres of millions.  D, everything he touches turns to gold.

I don't know why he's writing a harlequin romance either.  I don't know why Beef would ask him how he was going to pay for a wedding that is obviously petty cash to a dude like Ray.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 06:34:22 am »

I don't know why Beef would ask him how he was going to pay for a wedding that is obviously petty cash to a dude like Ray.

Maybe it has to do with Beef's being convinced that weddings are the most ridiculously expensive ripoff in history? Even though he presumably knows intellectually that Ray has the money -- indeed, that Ray has probably been ripped off playing pool with Cornelius for more money than Beef's wedding will cost -- it still feels so massive to him that he has to ask how Ray will cover it.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 11:56:14 am »


I don't know why he's writing a harlequin romance either.  I don't know why Beef would ask him how he was going to pay for a wedding that is obviously petty cash to a dude like Ray.


This kind of speculation is like asking why someone goes "Who's There?" in a knock-knock joke rather than just opening the door and seeing for himself.



It is the setup for the punchline and should be duly overlooked.

The punchline itself is pure comedy iron pyrite.

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 12:30:38 pm »


I don't know why he's writing a harlequin romance either.

It's not for the money, obviously, it's because it's an idea of such genius that it would be wrong to deprive the world of it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 04:11:06 pm »

D, everything he touches turns to gold.
Unless, of course, he steps on it.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 07:57:09 pm »

Now Ray is totally taking over Mr. Bear's thing. If Ray starts writing closed captioning for Spice then he and Cornelius are going to have to throw down.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 09:20:53 pm »

Didn't Ray write a Gay Romance Novel for Pat?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 10:30:37 pm »

Didn't Ray write a Gay Romance Novel for Pat?

Let's see, there was Danger At 2 1/2 Feet which actually seems to be a good deal less bad than To Shave a Sailor.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 11:16:58 pm »


This kind of speculation is like asking why someone goes "Who's There?" in a knock-knock joke rather than just opening the door and seeing for himself.


When someone says "Knock Knock" you ask "Who's there?" for safety!
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 23 July 2007 - YES, I WILL HAS UR BABEY, RONALDO
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 01:14:14 am »

I read the thread title before the strip itself. Speculation abound on various famous footballers appearing in Achewood after Onstad's heathen lack of appreciation of Assoc(cer)iation football.

It was a nice birthday strip, though. I'm pretty sure we'd all love that Harlequin Romance job.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up