The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Arachno-capitalist on July 24, 2007, 10:04:28 pm

Title: Steve Miller and the Doobs
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 24, 2007, 10:04:28 pm
Anyone ever been to a steve miller or doobie brothers band? My main man and some lady are going to see them on friday. I have no idea what to expect, but were starting the party at 2pm for a concert that begins at 8.30pm.
Title: Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
Post by: theinevitable on July 24, 2007, 11:15:15 pm
so, similar to other recent realizations:

the doobie brothers... is...

that's a marijuana reference, right there. That word means that they enjoy joints.

Am I rite?
Title: Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
Post by: Golfhaus on July 24, 2007, 11:57:02 pm
I'm sure it's probably my own misconception, but the idea of Michael McDonald tokin' up makes me laugh terribly.
Title: Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 25, 2007, 01:00:21 am
I have never seen them, but have gone to concerts were I knew I hated the band but didn't care (311).  In Oklahoma you sometimes have to make compromises.   


Anyhow, every time I have gone to see a band I don't like it has been alright, as like a party.  The one thing that might be bad is that that seems like the place a lot of old people would go (no offense).  Most of the bad bands I have seen have been in that 311 catagory, where it will be young stoned people there.  It might be old stoned people, which would be pretty cool, but it might be old squares too.
Title: Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
Post by: pmcd9 on July 25, 2007, 08:32:59 pm
The one thing that might be bad is that that seems like the place a lot of old people would go (no offense).

If you go to see shows by groups that were popular when your parents were in grade school, it's likely that the demographic for that show is going to skew upwards.

I saw the Doobie Brothers when the original group first reunited maybe 10-12 years ago.  I enjoyed the show, but it wasn't very memorable.  Never seen Steve Miller, but I assume he is still mining his 70's nuggets.  Not that he's ever been very prolific, but I don't think he's even made a record in over 10 years.  Or if he has I didn't notice.

One entertaining aspect of going to shows like this is watching for people that haven't realized they aren't in High School anymore.  Lots of unfortunate fashion decisions being made.  And well, if you like the hits from these bands that's what you are gonna hear.  Don't expect any surprises.
Title: Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
Post by: pmcd9 on July 29, 2007, 08:45:52 pm
Dude survived a carjacking, but apparently Steve Miller and the Doobie Brothers did him in.
Title: Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
Post by: AugustWest on July 30, 2007, 01:23:10 am
Dude survived a carjacking, but apparently Steve Miller and the Doobie Brothers did him in.

The 70's were a tough time...