Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steve Miller and the Doobs  (Read 1534 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Steve Miller and the Doobs
« on: July 24, 2007, 10:04:28 pm »

Anyone ever been to a steve miller or doobie brothers band? My main man and some lady are going to see them on friday. I have no idea what to expect, but were starting the party at 2pm for a concert that begins at 8.30pm.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 11:15:15 pm »

so, similar to other recent realizations:

the doobie brothers... is...

that's a marijuana reference, right there. That word means that they enjoy joints.

Am I rite?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:57:02 pm »

I'm sure it's probably my own misconception, but the idea of Michael McDonald tokin' up makes me laugh terribly.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 01:00:21 am »

I have never seen them, but have gone to concerts were I knew I hated the band but didn't care (311).  In Oklahoma you sometimes have to make compromises.   


Anyhow, every time I have gone to see a band I don't like it has been alright, as like a party.  The one thing that might be bad is that that seems like the place a lot of old people would go (no offense).  Most of the bad bands I have seen have been in that 311 catagory, where it will be young stoned people there.  It might be old stoned people, which would be pretty cool, but it might be old squares too.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 08:32:59 pm »

The one thing that might be bad is that that seems like the place a lot of old people would go (no offense).

If you go to see shows by groups that were popular when your parents were in grade school, it's likely that the demographic for that show is going to skew upwards.

I saw the Doobie Brothers when the original group first reunited maybe 10-12 years ago.  I enjoyed the show, but it wasn't very memorable.  Never seen Steve Miller, but I assume he is still mining his 70's nuggets.  Not that he's ever been very prolific, but I don't think he's even made a record in over 10 years.  Or if he has I didn't notice.

One entertaining aspect of going to shows like this is watching for people that haven't realized they aren't in High School anymore.  Lots of unfortunate fashion decisions being made.  And well, if you like the hits from these bands that's what you are gonna hear.  Don't expect any surprises.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 08:45:52 pm »

Dude survived a carjacking, but apparently Steve Miller and the Doobie Brothers did him in.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Steve Miller and the Doobs
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 01:23:10 am »

Dude survived a carjacking, but apparently Steve Miller and the Doobie Brothers did him in.

The 70's were a tough time...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up