The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Golfhaus on July 25, 2007, 01:06:25 am

Title: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: Golfhaus on July 25, 2007, 01:06:25 am
Drew Carey has been chosen to replace Bob Barker as the host of The Price is Right (http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/23/price.carey.ap/index.html?section=cnn_latest). I think I'm down with that. Maybe not as exciting as Somebody nice O'Donnell would have been, but probably a much better choice in the long run.

I think I would have preferred a relative unknown to take the stage, though. Maybe the guy (http://www.toddnewtononline.com/) that's been hosting the TPIR stage show in Vegas. Kinda like Leno getting the job after Letterman had been biding his time for years. But rock on, Drew. No pressure or anything.
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: AugustWest on July 25, 2007, 02:38:03 am
I think Drew will do well.
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: Nabubrush on July 25, 2007, 02:45:44 am
Fuck. I had Andy Dick in the office pool.
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: AugustWest on July 25, 2007, 03:50:05 am
Fuck. I had Andy Dick in the office pool.

Holding his head under, I hope...
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: jay-ell on July 27, 2007, 09:46:18 pm
This makes me happy, but only because I despise Drew Carey, and think that there is no slower hell for a washed-up TV star than daytime game show hosting. 

This is the same reason I'm sad for Louie Anderson.  Not because I particularly like him, either, but because after the last two hosts of Family Feud committed suicide, can you think of a comedian likelier to go for the hat trick? 
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: linnea on July 27, 2007, 09:57:06 pm
This makes me happy, but only because I despise Drew Carey, and think that there is no slower hell for a washed-up TV star than daytime game show hosting. 

This is the same reason I'm sad for Louie Anderson.  Not because I particularly like him, either, but because after the last two hosts of Family Feud committed suicide, can you think of a comedian likelier to go for the hat trick? 

HEE! Jesus, JL, I almost laughed water through my nose. Tiny can. <3 the "suicide hat trick" mention. Black humor at its finest.
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: jay-ell on July 27, 2007, 10:04:06 pm
Thank goodness.  I spent way too much time deciding on how to phrase that post and in the meantime my kid got into trouble.  I feel vindicated that at least someone found it funny. 
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: Nabubrush on July 28, 2007, 02:52:47 am
This is the same reason I'm sad for Louie Anderson.  Not because I particularly like him, either, but because after the last two hosts of Family Feud committed suicide, can you think of a comedian likelier to go for the hat trick? 

WHAAAA?

Richard Dawson (born Colin Lionel Emm) is still alive.
Ray Combs hung himself in a psychiatric hospital.
Louie Anderson is still kicking.
Richard Karn Wilson is ok.
John Gerald O'Hurley is the current host.
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: Noah on July 28, 2007, 03:24:27 am
shut up nabubrush
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: Nabubrush on July 28, 2007, 03:52:36 am
Quote from: Noah, earlier, somewhere else
nice beatles reference  ::) (that's from a beatles song, but he got it wrong of course..... noob)

next time you want to have people answer a question, try treating them with respect and make a little sense!

i mean, i'm not telling you to leave, but we’re a pretty tight group here. that doesn’t happen overnight. people have to learn that they can count on you. know what I mean?

Ah ha . . . ah ha ha ha!
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: AugustWest on July 28, 2007, 04:02:09 am
Louie Anderson was a pretty funny stand-up at one time.  "We're big ##### people!"
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: jay-ell on July 28, 2007, 04:51:19 pm
WHAAAA?

Richard Dawson (born Colin Lionel Emm) is still alive.
Ray Combs hung himself in a psychiatric hospital.
Louie Anderson is still kicking.
Richard Karn Wilson is ok.
John Gerald O'Hurley is the current host.


I've betrayed my sorry lack of fact-checking and blind reliance on my spouse's anecdotal knowledge.  I am a naughty, naughty historian and deserve to be punished. 

I'll tell Doris Kearns Goodwin you all said Hi when I see her in purgatory. 
Title: Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
Post by: Nabubrush on July 28, 2007, 06:12:57 pm
Well, I didn't know until I did the research - I just wanted to learn more. And learning Richard Dawson's real name made it so worth it.