Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drew Carey, come on down!  (Read 2195 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Drew Carey, come on down!
« on: July 25, 2007, 01:06:25 am »

Drew Carey has been chosen to replace Bob Barker as the host of The Price is Right. I think I'm down with that. Maybe not as exciting as Somebody nice O'Donnell would have been, but probably a much better choice in the long run.

I think I would have preferred a relative unknown to take the stage, though. Maybe the guy that's been hosting the TPIR stage show in Vegas. Kinda like Leno getting the job after Letterman had been biding his time for years. But rock on, Drew. No pressure or anything.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:38:03 am »

I think Drew will do well.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 02:45:44 am »

Fuck. I had Andy Dick in the office pool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 03:50:05 am »

Fuck. I had Andy Dick in the office pool.

Holding his head under, I hope...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 09:46:18 pm »

This makes me happy, but only because I despise Drew Carey, and think that there is no slower hell for a washed-up TV star than daytime game show hosting. 

This is the same reason I'm sad for Louie Anderson.  Not because I particularly like him, either, but because after the last two hosts of Family Feud committed suicide, can you think of a comedian likelier to go for the hat trick? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 09:57:06 pm »

This makes me happy, but only because I despise Drew Carey, and think that there is no slower hell for a washed-up TV star than daytime game show hosting. 

This is the same reason I'm sad for Louie Anderson.  Not because I particularly like him, either, but because after the last two hosts of Family Feud committed suicide, can you think of a comedian likelier to go for the hat trick? 

HEE! Jesus, JL, I almost laughed water through my nose. Tiny can. <3 the "suicide hat trick" mention. Black humor at its finest.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 10:04:06 pm »

Thank goodness.  I spent way too much time deciding on how to phrase that post and in the meantime my kid got into trouble.  I feel vindicated that at least someone found it funny. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 02:52:47 am »

This is the same reason I'm sad for Louie Anderson.  Not because I particularly like him, either, but because after the last two hosts of Family Feud committed suicide, can you think of a comedian likelier to go for the hat trick? 

WHAAAA?

Richard Dawson (born Colin Lionel Emm) is still alive.
Ray Combs hung himself in a psychiatric hospital.
Louie Anderson is still kicking.
Richard Karn Wilson is ok.
John Gerald O'Hurley is the current host.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 03:24:27 am »

shut up nabubrush
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 03:52:36 am »

Quote from: Noah, earlier, somewhere else
nice beatles reference  ::) (that's from a beatles song, but he got it wrong of course..... noob)

next time you want to have people answer a question, try treating them with respect and make a little sense!

i mean, i'm not telling you to leave, but we’re a pretty tight group here. that doesn’t happen overnight. people have to learn that they can count on you. know what I mean?

Ah ha . . . ah ha ha ha!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 04:02:09 am »

Louie Anderson was a pretty funny stand-up at one time.  "We're big ##### people!"
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 04:51:19 pm »

WHAAAA?

Richard Dawson (born Colin Lionel Emm) is still alive.
Ray Combs hung himself in a psychiatric hospital.
Louie Anderson is still kicking.
Richard Karn Wilson is ok.
John Gerald O'Hurley is the current host.


I've betrayed my sorry lack of fact-checking and blind reliance on my spouse's anecdotal knowledge.  I am a naughty, naughty historian and deserve to be punished. 

I'll tell Doris Kearns Goodwin you all said Hi when I see her in purgatory. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Drew Carey, come on down!
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 06:12:57 pm »

Well, I didn't know until I did the research - I just wanted to learn more. And learning Richard Dawson's real name made it so worth it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up