The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: kellichou on July 25, 2007, 02:24:27 am

Title: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
Post by: kellichou on July 25, 2007, 02:24:27 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07252007

HA HA HA!  Ray doesn't know his urban slang!  I like how Ray thinks that Jack Daniels could NEVER, I repeat NEVER, cause that (in)action in a man's *****.
Title: Re: 24 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on July 25, 2007, 02:57:46 am
It is the saddest thing.
Title: Re: 24 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
Post by: V-Adore on July 25, 2007, 03:17:56 am
I, too, love Ray's certainty that erectile dysfunction is caused by the lack of manliness of the alcohol, not the alcohol itself. By his logic, Lyle should be the baddest sex machine the world has ever known.

... Well, I guess there was all that gonzo porn...
Title: Re: 24 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
Post by: Ben-San on July 25, 2007, 04:12:46 am
I, too, love Ray's certainty that erectile dysfunction is caused by the lack of manliness of the alcohol, not the alcohol itself. By his logic, Lyle should be the baddest sex machine the world has ever known.

... Well, I guess there was all that gonzo porn...

Not to mention his purported musical talents.
Title: Re: 24 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
Post by: CortJstr on July 25, 2007, 04:15:28 am
See the other difference in Ray's mind is that Whiskey Dick isn't alliterative, while the other two examples are. It's not hard difficult people, alliteration = ED



[edit: I also changed the date in the subject of the first post to match the date in the comic's URL]
Title: Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
Post by: MattFish on July 25, 2007, 04:36:56 am
The first time I read this I assumed the person on the phone had it wrong but reading it again and also reading Assetbar seems to make me think that while I now know that Ray is mistaken as to the real meaning of Whiskey Dick, everybody who comments of Assetbar is ALSO wrong. Which I guess makes a lot of sense.
Title: Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
Post by: V-Adore on July 25, 2007, 05:12:20 am
everybody who comments of Assetbar is ALSO wrong

This is arguably correct for every strip.

waaah waaaanh waaaaaaaanh
Title: Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
Post by: pmcd9 on July 25, 2007, 06:09:13 am
It's an unfortunately named band (http://www.whiskeydick.com/).

Why does Beef (I assume he's talking to Beef) have to tell him twice what Whiskey Dick really means?

Game Pipe.  It bears repeating.
Title: Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
Post by: linnea on July 26, 2007, 01:42:54 am
I love the panel where Ray is just listening in silence in Panel 6, his mouth totally gone in shock, and his eyebrows going all crazy. Heh.

Guys, can something be done about whiskey dick? Maybe it was my crap dude ex fiance, but it always put a damper on my evening when he was rendered incapable by drink. It giveth the desire, but taketh away the performance? I think there is a famous Shakespearean quote about that, but I can't recall.
Title: Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on July 26, 2007, 03:01:48 am
I love the panel where Ray is just listening in silence in Panel 6, his mouth totally gone in shock, and his eyebrows going all crazy. Heh.

Guys, can something be done about whiskey dick? Maybe it was my crap dude ex fiance, but it always put a damper on my evening when he was rendered incapable by drink. It giveth the desire, but taketh away the performance? I think there is a famous Shakespearean quote about that, but I can't recall.

That is from Act II, Scene 4 of Henry IV Part 2, wherein Falstaff laments his sack dick.
Title: Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
Post by: MattFish on July 26, 2007, 04:12:32 am
That is from Act II, Scene 4 of Henry IV Part 2, wherein Falstaff laments his sack dick.

You rule