Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****  (Read 2477 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
« on: July 25, 2007, 02:24:27 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07252007

HA HA HA!  Ray doesn't know his urban slang!  I like how Ray thinks that Jack Daniels could NEVER, I repeat NEVER, cause that (in)action in a man's *****.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 04:16:18 am by CortJstr »
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 24 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:57:46 am »

It is the saddest thing.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 24 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 03:17:56 am »

I, too, love Ray's certainty that erectile dysfunction is caused by the lack of manliness of the alcohol, not the alcohol itself. By his logic, Lyle should be the baddest sex machine the world has ever known.

... Well, I guess there was all that gonzo porn...
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 24 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 04:12:46 am »

I, too, love Ray's certainty that erectile dysfunction is caused by the lack of manliness of the alcohol, not the alcohol itself. By his logic, Lyle should be the baddest sex machine the world has ever known.

... Well, I guess there was all that gonzo porn...

Not to mention his purported musical talents.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 24 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 04:15:28 am »

See the other difference in Ray's mind is that Whiskey Dick isn't alliterative, while the other two examples are. It's not hard difficult people, alliteration = ED



[edit: I also changed the date in the subject of the first post to match the date in the comic's URL]
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 04:36:56 am »

The first time I read this I assumed the person on the phone had it wrong but reading it again and also reading Assetbar seems to make me think that while I now know that Ray is mistaken as to the real meaning of Whiskey Dick, everybody who comments of Assetbar is ALSO wrong. Which I guess makes a lot of sense.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 05:12:20 am »

everybody who comments of Assetbar is ALSO wrong

This is arguably correct for every strip.

waaah waaaanh waaaaaaaanh
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 06:09:13 am »

It's an unfortunately named band.

Why does Beef (I assume he's talking to Beef) have to tell him twice what Whiskey Dick really means?

Game Pipe.  It bears repeating.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 01:42:54 am »

I love the panel where Ray is just listening in silence in Panel 6, his mouth totally gone in shock, and his eyebrows going all crazy. Heh.

Guys, can something be done about whiskey dick? Maybe it was my crap dude ex fiance, but it always put a damper on my evening when he was rendered incapable by drink. It giveth the desire, but taketh away the performance? I think there is a famous Shakespearean quote about that, but I can't recall.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 03:01:48 am »

I love the panel where Ray is just listening in silence in Panel 6, his mouth totally gone in shock, and his eyebrows going all crazy. Heh.

Guys, can something be done about whiskey dick? Maybe it was my crap dude ex fiance, but it always put a damper on my evening when he was rendered incapable by drink. It giveth the desire, but taketh away the performance? I think there is a famous Shakespearean quote about that, but I can't recall.

That is from Act II, Scene 4 of Henry IV Part 2, wherein Falstaff laments his sack dick.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 25 July 2007 - The Man with Abilities in his *****
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 04:12:32 am »

That is from Act II, Scene 4 of Henry IV Part 2, wherein Falstaff laments his sack dick.

You rule
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe
Pages: [1]   Go Up