The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on August 08, 2007, 05:23:50 am

Title: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on August 08, 2007, 05:23:50 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08082007

I'm not convinced this was worth the wait.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: melack on August 08, 2007, 05:27:25 am
Yeah, I'd prefer to think that this strip didn't exist. Thankfully, the interview with the Onion gave me a reason to re-read the Great Outdoor Fight arc earlier today. Man, was that just Achewood at its damn near finest...
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: melack on August 08, 2007, 05:29:17 am
Also: Am I the only one who thought Ray is playing Dance Dance Revolution?
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: RMJ12345 on August 08, 2007, 05:32:14 am
Also: Am I the only one who thought Ray is playing Dance Dance Revolution?

Maybe he was and the bank story was just to cover up.

Yeah, this was lame.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 08, 2007, 05:41:05 am
The core idea is sound, the core idea is true:

There is nothing more shameful to a man who likes ladies sexually than knowing that a man who likes women sexually that he respects and looks up to would ever... dance... of his own accord, for his own enjoyment.

To make the gods like your tribe and kill the other tribe, through dancing? This is acceptable.

To win money on a television show? This is also acceptable.

To impress a lady for the purposes of sex? This is the very best of reasons.

But... if he LIKES it, if he'd do it for the sheer pleasure of dancing?

Aw man.

You might as well just cut Santa Claus's c*ck off right in front of this man and do him up the butt with it, a candy cane crudely shoved into the Jolly Elf's manhood to simulate an erect, going into his butt, while Santa Claus bleeds to death in front of him.

Telling him that he was going to get that toy he always wanted that year, if Santa had only lived.

This is what Beef is experiencing at the end.

Now. Clearly Mr. Onstad did not completely articulate this notion, did not get it across clearly.

But I approve of the general truth of it and, for that, I am content.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: pmcd9 on August 08, 2007, 06:03:00 am
On second thought Mike, maybe you aren't the right guy to write this Internet age Cyrano romantic comedy.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: nDed on August 08, 2007, 08:06:28 am
How secure are dance-based login processes? Oh, the Japanese and their wacky proprietary input devices.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: Doc on August 08, 2007, 08:38:52 am
Yeah I think this is a cover up tactic. Which is irritating because we basically had this strip a couple of weeks ago with the first PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE strip.

Dancing captchas might be interesting though.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: dejavroom on August 08, 2007, 11:53:09 am
To top it all, Ray screamed so loud at Beef, it melted Beef's arms.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: CortJstr on August 08, 2007, 01:01:19 pm
Yeah I think this is a cover up tactic. Which is irritating because we basically had this strip a couple of weeks ago with the first PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE strip.

Dancing captchas might be interesting though.

I could never log into to anything ever again. I can't even clap along to a song without watching other people.

Does anybody else use the Comics Alt Text Greasemonkey script? Because it stopped working on Achewood for me today. Anybody else?
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: AugustWest on August 08, 2007, 01:12:17 pm
A) Looks like Beef's gonna be getting a $600 present soon.

B) Dang Ray, who over 10 years old says "butthole"?
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: pmcd9 on August 08, 2007, 02:11:39 pm
I think this is a genuine log in.  This is going to lead do some kind of magical japanese realism arc.  Ray and Beef and the gang are going to find themselves in Japan very soon.  That is what I am thinking.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 08, 2007, 03:51:00 pm
My crumplebrain is always its worst at 1 or 2 in the morning.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: jaydub on August 08, 2007, 04:21:38 pm
Does anybody else use the Comics Alt Text Greasemonkey script? Because it stopped working on Achewood for me today. Anybody else?

My regular ol' hover the cursor and read the alt-text wasn't working at one point.  Maybe 'stad was editing it?
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: crotch_lobster on August 08, 2007, 04:29:45 pm
Ray has two settings: wasted, and really wasted.

These outbursts are the result of his constantly lowered emotional inhibition. The dude says what he thinks before he's even aware he's thinking it. A great quality, until your best friend makes a comment like "Dogg what in the hell are you doing" and instead of explaining, Ray sasses in a mean way, rather than a friendly way.

It might be time for Ray to sober up. Or atleast not be so wasted that he's a complete asshole over such a small thing as dance-dancin' to sign into your bank in Japan. I mean, I dance-dance and its not even to log in to anything!

(if i get any guff for dance-dancing, enjoy a pre-emptive "So what if I like pressing arrows with me feet? So what if this is fun to me? Get away! Screw you! You're a butthole!")
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: CortJstr on August 08, 2007, 04:31:53 pm
My regular ol' hover the cursor and read the alt-text wasn't working at one point.  Maybe 'stad was editing it?

It's working now, so it must have been something with the page.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 08, 2007, 04:46:30 pm
Ray has his own bank, why is he bothering with some japanese dance protocol?
And ditto AW, who the hell says butthole? I liked living in a world where Ray didn't say things like butthole or dig on PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: dejavroom on August 08, 2007, 05:01:17 pm
Hah, Ray is getting re-retarded from that baseball hit.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: Toaster on August 08, 2007, 06:11:18 pm
But... but the cats danced their little cat-dance at The Party. they learned a routine and everything! Why is dancing so shameful now?
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: dejavroom on August 08, 2007, 06:53:38 pm
Drunken dancing with your posse at a party does not equal the performing of repetitive footwork over an acrylic sheet alone in one's bedroom. I, um, guess.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: smick on August 08, 2007, 07:35:35 pm
B) Dang Ray, who over 10 years old says "butthole"?

I do...

Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: theinevitable on August 08, 2007, 08:10:43 pm
lfm:

I am basically envisioning you coming into the general store, mumbling about life, and the mean storekeep says "get out of here, crumplebrain! you're scaring the customers away!" and he swats you with a broom.
Later, you meet a beautiful girl with a heart of gold, who loves you even though you have crumplebrain.
maybe she would say such as "you leave him alone, you old coot! he can't help it!"
he would be moved to treat you kindly by this display.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: colmore on August 08, 2007, 08:17:07 pm
I guess I'm in the minority today.  I laughed.

Did you guys ever think that maybe you're just a bunch of weenuses?
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: linnea on August 08, 2007, 08:20:05 pm
I guess I'm in the minority today.  I laughed.

Did you guys ever think that maybe you're just a bunch of weenuses?

I don't know. I think that the gag of, "Ray gets caught doing something mildly embarrassing so he berates Roast Beef, who is crushed as hell by his friend's horrible reaction" is getting old and tired.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: AugustWest on August 08, 2007, 08:28:49 pm
I do...



I would buy you a $600 present, but I can't afford it.  Have a can instead.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: side_show on August 08, 2007, 09:59:56 pm
I enjoy the awkward dancing.  Probably because I have seen game nerds with no rhythm just master this game while still displaying no grace or sense of how dancing works.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: Golfhaus on August 08, 2007, 11:23:51 pm
Am I the only one who has no idea what "Ray Smuckles. Eleven one five" means?
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 08, 2007, 11:39:01 pm
Am I the only one who has no idea what "Ray Smuckles. Eleven one five" means?

Id imagine a pin code or password of sorts.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: dejavroom on August 08, 2007, 11:40:19 pm
Enough of this. Bring Animalicious back.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: jaydub on August 08, 2007, 11:56:20 pm
Id imagine a pin code or password of sorts.

my.voice.is.my.passport?verify.me.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: CortJstr on August 09, 2007, 01:36:34 am
my.voice.is.my.passport?verify.me.

A computer matched her with you? I don't think so.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: Doc on August 09, 2007, 06:56:03 am
Best hacker movie ever.
For the real, hands on, early 80s definition of hacker. Less leather more solder.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: joeyramoney1 on August 12, 2007, 12:11:58 am
Also: Am I the only one who thought Ray is playing Dance Dance Revolution?

he is, that's the joke.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: theinevitable on August 12, 2007, 02:41:20 am
yeah, that is the joke in my understanding-- Beef is pretty sure that Ray is playing DDR.
Title: Re: 8th August, 2007 - Dogg what in hell are you doing
Post by: Golfhaus on August 12, 2007, 02:18:50 pm
I'm pretty sure he's playing DDR.