The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: AugustWest on August 11, 2007, 02:58:08 am

Title: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: AugustWest on August 11, 2007, 02:58:08 am
These are classic. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/apelad/sets/72157600296941365/)
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: Doc on August 11, 2007, 04:24:43 am
Damn
Now that is some quality linkage.
Nice find, the youtube link is especially tender, makes me want to listen to the music from oh brother where art thou again.
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: AugustWest on August 12, 2007, 03:06:35 am
Damn
Now that is some quality linkage.
Nice find, the youtube link is especially tender, makes me want to listen to the music from oh brother where art thou again.

Thank you Doc.  Unlike the rest of the jaded philistines around here, you and I can appreciate quality when we see it.
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: Toaster on August 14, 2007, 08:45:36 pm
They are from... history! Very cool; this really made my day.
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: Nabubrush on August 15, 2007, 03:34:02 am
But they aren't really, right?
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: AugustWest on August 15, 2007, 04:25:55 am
Right.
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: Doc on August 15, 2007, 04:40:45 am
Of course not, everyone knows he lifted the idea wholesale from Phineas Batch the great Victorian Political cartoonist. This is difficult to prove now since much of his work has been lost but one of his classics which depicts Benjamin Disraeli as a small cat sitting on a cushion at Queen Vitoria's feet asking 'We May Have Empire Now Please?' has been preseved in some books on the public reaction to the Royal Titles Act and is used by many comic historians as evidence that Batch was the progenitor of the Laughing Cat archetype.
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: jay-ell on August 15, 2007, 03:43:35 pm
Sorry I didn't respond to this thread; I was too busy Laughing Out Loud. 

At cats. 

Edited for a lazy "o." 
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: wombat on August 15, 2007, 04:17:08 pm
I finally got around to looking at these. Genius. Thanks.
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: jough on August 19, 2007, 05:31:55 pm
This almost makes the meme worthwhile.
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: melack on September 02, 2007, 04:20:10 am
This almost makes the meme worthwhile.

Almost.
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: Nabubrush on September 02, 2007, 02:33:08 pm
Almost.

As Dorothy Parker said, you can sit right here next to me.

I AM AT YOUR PARTY, AND I AM POOPING UPON IT.
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: jay-ell on September 04, 2007, 01:18:53 am
As Dorothy Parker said, you can sit right here next to me.

I AM AT YOUR PARTY, AND I AM POOPING UPON IT.

Can for Dorothy Parker, one of my literary heroes.  Pedro gave me a big DP collection for Christmas our first year together.  Oh man this brings back memories, like hearing an old Boston song on the radio.  You think, "Man, I used to be so into them.  I gotta dig out those old albums."  But you never do.  The memory is enough. 
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: Nabubrush on September 04, 2007, 01:31:50 am
Pedro gave me a big DP collection for Christmas our first year together.

I thought we agreed there were too many young folks around for this sort of thing, and we'd keep it under wraps.

Wait, what?

Yes, I went there. I have no pride; I have no shame.
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: jay-ell on September 04, 2007, 01:34:35 am
I thought we agreed there were too many young folks around for this sort of thing, and we'd keep it under wraps.

Wait, what?

Yes, I went there. I have no pride; I have no shame.

I knew when I typed that that there was something dirty about it, but I couldn't quite put my, um, finger on it, so to speak. 

Filthy bastard. 
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: theinevitable on September 04, 2007, 02:38:42 am
so, I heard these guys talking in the elevator, and one of them said something about DP, and i brushed it off
and then the other said something about DA, and I took notice
they walked off, and their friend said "yes, they were talking about what you thought. sorry."
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: KeithHernandez on September 04, 2007, 02:39:36 am
I guess I am as sick as Nabu because it took me about five minutes to realize what you were meaning with DP.
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: jough on September 04, 2007, 02:55:02 am
So JL, where did the second P come from in your DP?

And why are there no photos and/or YouTube videos?
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: jay-ell on September 04, 2007, 03:01:54 am
Philistines, all of you. 
Title: Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 05, 2007, 05:16:17 am
Dirty Philistines, naturally.