Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats  (Read 3362 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« on: August 11, 2007, 02:58:08 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 04:24:43 am »

Damn
Now that is some quality linkage.
Nice find, the youtube link is especially tender, makes me want to listen to the music from oh brother where art thou again.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 03:06:35 am »

Damn
Now that is some quality linkage.
Nice find, the youtube link is especially tender, makes me want to listen to the music from oh brother where art thou again.

Thank you Doc.  Unlike the rest of the jaded philistines around here, you and I can appreciate quality when we see it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 08:45:36 pm »

They are from... history! Very cool; this really made my day.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 03:34:02 am »

But they aren't really, right?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 04:25:55 am »

Right.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 04:40:45 am »

Of course not, everyone knows he lifted the idea wholesale from Phineas Batch the great Victorian Political cartoonist. This is difficult to prove now since much of his work has been lost but one of his classics which depicts Benjamin Disraeli as a small cat sitting on a cushion at Queen Vitoria's feet asking 'We May Have Empire Now Please?' has been preseved in some books on the public reaction to the Royal Titles Act and is used by many comic historians as evidence that Batch was the progenitor of the Laughing Cat archetype.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 03:43:35 pm »

Sorry I didn't respond to this thread; I was too busy Laughing Out Loud. 

At cats. 

Edited for a lazy "o." 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 04:21:11 pm by jldunston »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 04:17:08 pm »

I finally got around to looking at these. Genius. Thanks.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 05:31:55 pm »

This almost makes the meme worthwhile.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 04:20:10 am »

This almost makes the meme worthwhile.

Almost.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 02:33:08 pm »

Almost.

As Dorothy Parker said, you can sit right here next to me.

I AM AT YOUR PARTY, AND I AM POOPING UPON IT.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 01:18:53 am »

As Dorothy Parker said, you can sit right here next to me.

I AM AT YOUR PARTY, AND I AM POOPING UPON IT.

Can for Dorothy Parker, one of my literary heroes.  Pedro gave me a big DP collection for Christmas our first year together.  Oh man this brings back memories, like hearing an old Boston song on the radio.  You think, "Man, I used to be so into them.  I gotta dig out those old albums."  But you never do.  The memory is enough. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 01:31:50 am »

Pedro gave me a big DP collection for Christmas our first year together.

I thought we agreed there were too many young folks around for this sort of thing, and we'd keep it under wraps.

Wait, what?

Yes, I went there. I have no pride; I have no shame.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The ORIGINAL Laugh Out Loud Cats
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 01:34:35 am »

I thought we agreed there were too many young folks around for this sort of thing, and we'd keep it under wraps.

Wait, what?

Yes, I went there. I have no pride; I have no shame.

I knew when I typed that that there was something dirty about it, but I couldn't quite put my, um, finger on it, so to speak. 

Filthy bastard. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up