The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: otter on August 13, 2007, 09:29:25 am

Title: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: otter on August 13, 2007, 09:29:25 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08132007

Edited: hmm.  The title, and calling Kid Rock's vehicle of choice a "limo," made me smile.  That's about it, though.  Teodor's interjection kind of creeped me out.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: jough on August 13, 2007, 12:04:20 pm
Maybe Onstad invented a motor that made me bored with this strip.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: linnea on August 13, 2007, 06:08:27 pm
I enjoyed the drawing of the space-Philippe.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: jay-ell on August 13, 2007, 06:10:29 pm
giant apocalyptic machines

mowing us all down
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 13, 2007, 06:19:32 pm
Its sort of like I think theres a joke...somewhere... but I need some kind of decoder ring to laugh at it.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: Toaster on August 13, 2007, 06:35:29 pm
Double-you Tee Eff question mark.

There's that naked guy again. (shudder)

I don't know if Teodor is mocking Phillipe's use of bold text or using it sincerely.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: Drastic Action on August 13, 2007, 07:39:01 pm
I read the "Kid Rock's limo" caption as "kid's Rock Limo", and thought the shine on the windshield was a stylized lightning bolt.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: side_show on August 13, 2007, 08:37:46 pm
This marks the first Achewood I got tired of and didn't bother reading all the way through.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: wombat on August 13, 2007, 08:40:45 pm
This is cruel.  When the strip looks like this, it's supposed to be the weekend. But it's only Monday!
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: Golfhaus on August 13, 2007, 11:49:11 pm
This is cruel.  When the strip looks like this, it's supposed to be the weekend. But it's only Monday!

Maybe that's why it sucked.

Sorry, 'stad. This one was a misfire. Get back in there, kid. You can bounce back.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: robot_god on August 14, 2007, 02:06:43 am
BitchSeer is starting to grow on me.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: nDed on August 14, 2007, 03:49:54 am
I enjoyed the drawing of the space-Philippe.

Man, when the hell is the future going to get here? Scientists need to focus more on atomic jetpacks (green concentric circles optional) and hats with giant orbiting electrons and less on figuring out ways for old dudes to sport wood.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: theinevitable on August 14, 2007, 05:11:51 am
Quote
figuring out ways for old dudes to sport wood.
[/quote

dude, shut UP! I plan on being old someday, man!
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: melack on August 14, 2007, 06:12:21 am
This is like when Lost when on re-runs from basically October through February this past season. That is not re-run time, people! And Monday is not Phillipe Times day!
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: theinevitable on August 14, 2007, 06:19:59 am
so, every time I see the title, I think of the concept of the Motorboat-- you know, the breast-thing.

Does it mean that I am not a breast man that I don't want to do this at all? OK, you got me, maybe I do a little bit.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: Doc on August 14, 2007, 06:37:09 am
Of course you do, everyone does.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: CortJstr on August 14, 2007, 01:22:01 pm
"Every male of every species has the biological urge to [motorboat]." --- Tom Servo

Or, as my friend Jeff once said upon seeing our friend with really huge breasts, "I'm know I'm gay and all, but sometimes I just want to rub my face in them."
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: otter on August 14, 2007, 02:03:25 pm
According to legend, or at least according to a couple of friends, the "motorboat" equivalent for the ass-man is the "outboard motorboat."  Make of that what you will.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: jay-ell on August 14, 2007, 04:26:13 pm
"Every male of every species has the biological urge to [motorboat]." --- Tom Servo

Oh, not just males, my friend.  The motorboat can be a beautiful thing to give or to receive. 

I don't know about the outboard motorboat, however.  That seems a little too...um...like it would sound very unpleasant. 
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: Doc on August 14, 2007, 04:34:50 pm
The motorboat can be a beautiful thing to give or to receive. 
Totally Hot.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: jaydub on August 14, 2007, 04:40:36 pm
"Every male of every species has the biological urge to [motorboat]." --- Tom Servo

Or, as my friend Jeff once said upon seeing our friend with really huge breasts, "I'm know I'm gay and all, but sometimes I just want to rub my face in them."
Damnit, now I'm going to be distracted all goddamn day until I can motorboat my lady.  She's going to be puzzled as all hell.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: jay-ell on August 14, 2007, 05:25:30 pm
Do not tell her that the urge arose from a web comic and a message board full of imaginary internet people.

Unless, y'know, you guys roll like that.

That's my number-one turn on. 

"I was surfing the 'net today and it made me want to give you a motorboat." 

There are no sweeter words to a lady's ear. 

Also: I am really happy with the turn this thread has taken.  It made the strip worthwhile. 
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: linnea on August 14, 2007, 05:49:05 pm
Damnit, now I'm going to be distracted all goddamn day until I can motorboat my lady.  She's going to be puzzled as all hell.

Heh! Tiny can just for imagining the reaction she'll have.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: nDed on August 14, 2007, 05:53:16 pm
According to legend, or at least according to a couple of friends, the "motorboat" equivalent for the ass-man is the "outboard motorboat."  Make of that what you will.

Most motorboats have outboard motors anyway, and the ones that have internal motors usually place the means of propulsion near the stern.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: theinevitable on August 14, 2007, 07:43:56 pm
hmm.

now I am reflecting on the fact that I have never been able to Personally Enjoy a motorboat. I am coming close to explaining why this is, here, but I will refrain.

I would like to think that this is one of those examples where... the lady would just do My Favorite Thing that Ladies Do, and just kind of smirk about it in her private moments-- Oh, men. They are so silly, but I love them anyway.

I would really love to think that the majority of ladies think about the ridiculous things men do in this way. I would like to think that my desire to put my face into cleavage is endearing.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: linnea on August 14, 2007, 09:24:13 pm
hmm.

now I am reflecting on the fact that I have never been able to Personally Enjoy a motorboat. I am coming close to explaining why this is, here, but I will refrain.

I would like to think that this is one of those examples where... the lady would just do My Favorite Thing that Ladies Do, and just kind of smirk about it in her private moments-- Oh, men. They are so silly, but I love them anyway.

I would really love to think that the majority of ladies think about the ridiculous things men do in this way. I would like to think that my desire to put my face into cleavage is endearing.

Are you just being coy by hinting at these things, or purposefully vague?
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: theinevitable on August 14, 2007, 09:54:08 pm
oh, no. I was saying that a gentleman does not say, for example, "my girlfriend's breasts were too small to motorboat in." To be honest, that is only barely an excuse in my case, most of it was due to me being mortified by such things.

my favorite thing that ladies do is the smirking in private about the silly things boys do. because, you know, without that, they would be all such as "hell no, you cannot do that to me at all" and then the human race would die out from lack of motorboats.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: jay-ell on August 14, 2007, 10:22:32 pm
I guess what I'm saying is it's our lot to be the ladies personal amusement park.

What, what?  I thought it was the other way around? 

Or did you mean more in the way that men are like the crazy funhouse and games you cannot win, and women are more like thrill-seeking roller coasters?  Because the second part is what I think of when I go to an amusement park.  I don't waste my time with the first part. 

I am pretty sure I am not a lesbian, though. 
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: Leon on August 14, 2007, 10:29:21 pm
I find the best thing is to go in for the motorboat in the most Rude fashion you can muster. Be so Rude it's cute and she may enjoy the look of unadulterated joy on your face as much as to let you do it again. And yes, you may be made fun of, but it is  a small price to pay for such a singular thrill.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: Leon on August 14, 2007, 10:41:41 pm
Thank you...I have noticed interesting topics around here before, but this one tops them all, I think. I just had to reply...I am a man blessed in the motorboat topic and had to share my wisdom of how to make a fool of yourself in the eyes of D-Cup wearing ladies.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: kage23 on August 14, 2007, 10:50:45 pm
I just wanted to put up a little note and say that, for some of us, a Phillippe Times on Monday, while completely disturbing the natural order of things ("Phillippe Times?!? But it's not Friday!!") and sucking my cerebellum (or blowing my mind for ... well for anyone other than me and some of my work buds), did bring a bright spot to an otherwise dull and boring day.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: theinevitable on August 15, 2007, 12:48:36 am
I am really glad that after I said this completely randomly, this has turned into like a big happy topic. nice.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: Doc on August 15, 2007, 01:27:37 am
Or did you mean more in the way that men are like the crazy funhouse and games you cannot win, and women are more like thrill-seeking roller coasters?

Yes this is exactly right.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: joeyramoney1 on August 19, 2007, 07:31:45 pm
"motor" is not a verb.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: theinevitable on August 19, 2007, 07:53:33 pm
um, it is in American Vernacular English or whatever it's called.
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: wombat on August 19, 2007, 08:25:40 pm
It is a verb in the dictionary. Could we agree to at least look things up before we start going all prescriptive on some poor word's ass, please?
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 19, 2007, 08:54:28 pm
 
"motor" is not a verb.

You are a toilet seat that smokes a cigar. Forever that is what you are. A toilet seat that smokes a cigar.
(http://www.beautique.info/images/body/ban%20invisible%20solid%20stick%2001.jpg)
Prevents Irritation
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: Leon on August 20, 2007, 09:19:49 pm
"motor" is not a verb.

you are the wig that wishes to be Britney's Spear's wig. ( is this a new game? I like it )
Title: Re: August 13, 2007: TIME FOR US TO MOTOR!
Post by: side_show on August 21, 2007, 04:16:57 am

You are a toilet seat that smokes a cigar. Forever that is what you are. A toilet seat that smokes a cigar.
(http://www.beautique.info/images/body/ban%20invisible%20solid%20stick%2001.jpg)
Prevents Irritation

Sorry, we don't ban mediocrity.  We churn it until it turns into butter or goes rancid.