The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: kage23 on August 18, 2007, 12:34:07 am

Title: The saddest thing ...
Post by: kage23 on August 18, 2007, 12:34:07 am
... is no new Achewood!!

Onstad's not ... dead, is he? In my part of California, lunchtime was about, oh, five hours ago.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: wombat on August 18, 2007, 01:06:27 am
When Onstad says 'more or less', he means it.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Ben-San on August 18, 2007, 01:17:58 am
Dude likes a late lunch now and again.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: side_show on August 18, 2007, 01:18:29 am
He's probably reading asset bar obsessively while slicing his inner thighs with a lady bic.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Nabubrush on August 18, 2007, 02:07:36 am
I just hope he's ok.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: jough on August 18, 2007, 02:21:01 am
All our thoughts and prayers are with Chris Onstad and his family in this trying time.  God bless.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: jay-ell on August 18, 2007, 03:08:48 am
See, I was under the impression that this is a thing we didn't do here. 

Still, he set himself up for it.  If he'd just not posted at all, nobody would have batted an eyelash. 
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Doc on August 18, 2007, 03:34:52 am
It's updated now, we can get back to speculating on how drunk he must have been to think that this would get any laughs.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: jough on August 18, 2007, 04:01:18 am
He was too busy beating his wife to bring teh funny.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Nabubrush on August 18, 2007, 06:43:57 am
I actually don't even read the comic anymore. Is it still amusing?
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: linnea on August 18, 2007, 07:08:28 am
I just hope he's ok.

All our thoughts and prayers are with Chris Onstad and his family in this trying time.  God bless.

Man, I've got too good an imagination. I started to wonder if he'd been found floating in the neighbor's pool.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 18, 2007, 11:39:59 am
Lets not make this a habit.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Golfhaus on August 18, 2007, 11:45:06 am
Man, I've got too good an imagination. I started to wonder if he'd been found floating in the neighbor's pool.

I wonder if he's got a contingency plan for dying. An agreement with his wife or a friend that if he snuffs it, to open up the envelope and follow the instructions for logging into the site and putting up the ten-strip "goodbye" sequence. Six of which are about Cocktail Recipes.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Doc on August 18, 2007, 01:04:14 pm
I wonder if he's got a contingency plan for dying. An agreement with his wife or a friend that if he snuffs it, to open up the envelope and follow the instructions for logging into the site and putting up the ten-strip "goodbye" sequence. Six of which are about Cocktail Recipes.

Final strip promising 'Tomorrow: Chicken'
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Leon on August 18, 2007, 01:10:32 pm
actually, this thread is a pretty good contender for The Saddest Thing.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: jough on August 18, 2007, 08:15:00 pm
What thing are we not doing here?  Complaining that there's no strip?

I find that reading the archive of strips for the week is a much enjoyable way to read them, and I completely miss that "oh man no new strip today" thing.

Seriously, people, just go back every couple of weeks and see the quality of your life improve tremendously.  Sure, you miss out on the daily discussions about them, but then again you may find that you're not exactly missing them if you know what I mean. ;)
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Nabubrush on August 19, 2007, 02:27:40 am
What thing are we not doing here?  Complaining that there's no strip?

I find that reading the archive of strips for the week is a much enjoyable way to read them, and I completely miss that "oh man no new strip today" thing.

Seriously, people, just go back every couple of weeks and see the quality of your life improve tremendously.  Sure, you miss out on the daily discussions about them, but then again you may find that you're not exactly missing them if you know what I mean. ;)


Word. I literally catch up once every 4 to 6 months.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: jay-ell on August 19, 2007, 04:19:46 am
I read daily, but only to be able to participate in this part of the board.  I check here first, and wait for somebody to put up a link. 

When I was away, I checked in about once a month. 
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: theinevitable on August 19, 2007, 05:11:04 am
so, I read it every day. Sorry for being too cool for you folks.

...it's cool to be into things now, right? that whole not-caring thing went out, right?
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Nabubrush on August 19, 2007, 06:53:54 am
so, I read it every day. Sorry for being too cool for you folks.

...it's cool to be into things now, right? that whole not-caring thing went out, right?

You will always be cooler, Daniel - because you are younger. And that is something that can never be faked. America loves its young - that is, until America eats them.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on August 20, 2007, 02:00:01 pm
Please lock this thread, delete it, and run some sort of ultra-delete utility on the device that held it so it can't be rebuilt.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: theinevitable on August 20, 2007, 04:17:59 pm
Quote
You will always be cooler, Daniel - because you are younger. And that is something that can never be faked. America loves its young - that is, until America eats them.

I doubt this. There are certainly people my age who have Negative Hip Level. I am not sure how to identify them, other than
[Imagine that in this space, I have typed an unflattering portrait of a nerdy kid from my Latin class]
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: smick on August 20, 2007, 04:26:46 pm
Yea you laugh, but one evening, over a crowded convention floor, his eyes will meet the eyes of a young woman wearing Rei's costume from Hyper-School Academy.

They'll have some kind of magical akward cosplay sex, while the guy he split the hotel room with pretends to be asleep.

For him, that night, will be AWESOME.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Nabubrush on August 20, 2007, 04:49:50 pm
Ah, too late to lock it now.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: kage23 on August 20, 2007, 07:31:20 pm
Still, he set himself up for it.  If he'd just not posted at all, nobody would have batted an eyelash. 

That was exactly the problem. If he just hadn't posted at all, I would have just thought, "Oh, that Onstad! Taking another day off! ;-)" But since he did post, my thoughts were more like, "Damn that lazy Onstad's ass! I need a distraction for the dullness of my workday! >:-O"

And in my defense, I think I'm new enough to the board that I don't really know what we do or do not do...
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: jay-ell on August 21, 2007, 02:50:18 am
That was exactly the problem. If he just hadn't posted at all, I would have just thought, "Oh, that Onstad! Taking another day off! ;-)" But since he did post, my thoughts were more like, "Damn that lazy Onstad's ass! I need a distraction for the dullness of my workday! >:-O"

And in my defense, I think I'm new enough to the board that I don't really know what we do or do not do...

Oh, I didn't mean anything by that.  It's just that -- well, this is something that used to be done, and usually went most of nowhere. 

This thread hasn't been bad, though, all things considered. 
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: wombat on August 21, 2007, 01:03:15 pm
We can make a thread out of nothing, now. We're that good.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: Doc on August 21, 2007, 01:07:40 pm
Even better, we can make a thread out of Troll.
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: iron_felix on August 30, 2007, 06:36:54 am
America loves its young - that is, until America eats them.

A luscious bitch she is, true, but it's not nice to fool Mother Nature...
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: doomglobe on September 19, 2007, 12:30:17 pm
If Onstad started a brand new strip on this day, and never ever made a new achewood, at least this would be the perfect strip to have to look at every time you accidentally clicked on that old bookmark. Phillipe was trying so HARD! And who cannot identify with that rewarding concussion that he got for his efforts?
Title: Re: The saddest thing ...
Post by: jay-ell on September 21, 2007, 09:26:28 pm
Woah, doomie!  Welcome back! 

Nothing's changed.  Carry on.