The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jaydub on September 07, 2007, 12:14:38 am

Title: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: jaydub on September 07, 2007, 12:14:38 am
Ray likes to yank Teodor's chain (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09072007).  I'm sure I'd do the same in a similar situation.  Perhaps not with furious ding-dongs however. 


Edited to fix stupid curly brace.
Edit again: and misquote in title.  Thank God I don't work for a newspaper.  Actually, I'd probably fit right in.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 07, 2007, 12:22:43 am
Nintendo have made so much crazy shit over the years I'm sure one of their products must have looked like a dick.

I am deeply pleased by Ray's look of delight at the end there.
Title: *Onstad Is A Gay*
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 07, 2007, 12:24:27 am
I recently found my original nintendo in my aunts basement and played super contra for hours.
Also, Onstad's cock obsession continues.

Further, Is Ray gay? Is Onstand? Who is the real lover of the cock?
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: V-Adore on September 07, 2007, 12:33:17 am
Furious ding-dongs.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: jaydub on September 07, 2007, 12:43:26 am
I'm sure one of their products must have looked like a dick.

It ain't even that old:

(http://www.fotolode.com/images/jaydub/frwiijsp2.jpg)
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: RMJ12345 on September 07, 2007, 12:51:12 am
The question is, why does Teodor ask Ray to draw him something phallic in the first instance?
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: CortJstr on September 07, 2007, 01:03:49 am
It's just like TOUAMB, random words suddenly become cock.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 07, 2007, 01:08:00 am
This is definitely very much like how my brother loves to ask people, if they had to eat an animal c*ck... they were forced to enjoy a free dinner of animal c*ck... which animal's c*ck would they eat? He tries to make it sound as normal as possible at first but it quickly becomes just him enjoying weirding people out by saying "walrus cock" out loud and such.

My brother is very much like Ray.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: jay-ell on September 07, 2007, 01:14:53 am
It's just like TOUAMB, random words suddenly become cock.

OH!  I get it!  check chock chuck clock.  It's all becoming clear. 

Heh heh.  Clever. 
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: gloomba on September 07, 2007, 01:29:05 am
It ain't even that old:

(http://www.fotolode.com/images/jaydub/frwiijsp2.jpg)


OBJECTION!  Those are third-party accessories.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: theinevitable on September 07, 2007, 01:57:01 am
Quote
This is definitely very much like how my brother loves to ask people, if they had to eat an animal cock... they were forced to enjoy a free dinner of animal cock... which animal's cock would they eat?

there is a thing among several of my friends that...
Truth or dare?
Dare!
Eat Poop.

Oh... um... truth! I meant truth!
Whose poop would you eat?
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: linnea on September 07, 2007, 03:04:30 am
Oh, hahaha, dick jokes. Drawing dicks, no less. I think that Onstad must have seen the heinous trainwreck that is Superbad. I did not find this strip to bring teh funny, but maybe that's because Superbad pissed me off so much.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 07, 2007, 03:47:38 am
Well, in this strip's defense, it's not so much a dick joke as it is a...

"Holy crap, this is what counts as a joke in Ray's head" joke.

Or maybe I'm givin' it too much credit.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: theinevitable on September 07, 2007, 03:55:27 am
that movie, I liked it.

except I saw it with my best friend's girlfriend, so every time I laughed she said something along the lines of "is that how you and Michael talk about me?"

the answer is "have you met michael?" and then she laughs. Because he is the kind of guy that says
"oh, um, so. do you know about the... the thing with...(girlfriend)? do you know about that?"
"yes, michael. I know."
"we slept together."
"um. yes. that's what I knew."
"oh. I thought... ok. that makes sense."
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: jough on September 07, 2007, 05:50:41 am
Holy shit was Superbad funny. I'm still literally sore from laughing so much.  I haven't laughed that much at a movie since Kingpin back in '96.

Seriously, seriously funny, and this strip seriously, seriously ripped off one of the biggest jokes in that movie, but did so clumsily and without panache.

For SHAME, Mr. Onstad. 

TOMORROW: THE CATS WHO SAY 'NI'
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: theinevitable on September 07, 2007, 06:49:25 am
oh, my god, I just realized why that movie was at all relevant.

OH!
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: Bimmicus on September 07, 2007, 08:26:01 am
Ray digs boners.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: wombat on September 07, 2007, 01:23:39 pm
which animal's cock would they eat?

The smallest one possible, of course.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: RMJ12345 on September 07, 2007, 01:34:53 pm
God, that movie was hilarious.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 07, 2007, 02:36:42 pm
WOW THIS WAS EVEN FUNNIER THAN THE FIRST TIME I SAW IT IN SUPERBAD
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 07, 2007, 02:37:53 pm
Oh, hahaha, dick jokes. Drawing dicks, no less. I think that Onstad must have seen the heinous trainwreck that is Superbad. I did not find this strip to bring teh funny, but maybe that's because Superbad pissed me off so much.

YES LETS MAKE THE SAME JOKE AGAIN AND IT WILL BE DOUBLE THE FUNNIE

AMI RITE YA I KNOE
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 07, 2007, 03:21:02 pm
I just noticed how satisfied ray looks in the last panel. I think ray is putting theodore on.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: jough on September 07, 2007, 03:21:39 pm
You think?
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 07, 2007, 03:25:12 pm
Oh wait was that the joke? my bad.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: Doc on September 07, 2007, 03:57:37 pm
Oh wait was that the joke? my bad.

Now, was that a joke or.... fuck it, it's too late for this shit.
Title: Re: *Onstad Is A Gay*
Post by: side_show on September 07, 2007, 07:43:19 pm
I recently found my original nintendo in my aunts basement and played super contra for hours.
Also, Onstad's cock obsession continues.

Further, Is Ray gay? Is Onstand? Who is the real lover of the cock?

Are you looking for Retardo?
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: V-Adore on September 07, 2007, 07:44:14 pm
When I saw the topic *Onstad is a Gay,* I was sure that we had a delightful new troll.

Alas.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 07, 2007, 07:49:55 pm
When I saw the topic *Onstad is a Gay,* I was sure that we had a delightful new troll.

Alas.

im just saying the guy has a suspicious amount of c*ck in his cartoon.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: smick on September 07, 2007, 07:56:28 pm
Seeing as a majority of the cartoon cats and stuffed animals are fellows, spurious vadge would just be crass.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: side_show on September 07, 2007, 07:58:52 pm
You know what?  Onstad is really into cock, and there are very few references to sex in the strip that aren't references to gay sex.  And very few references to male relationships with females that aren't miserable references to said relationships.  So ummm... maybe... yeah?
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 07, 2007, 08:24:21 pm
Well, there is a strong strain in American comedy of... both gay panic and ironically commenting on gay panic.

As I have laid out here, my younger brother is sort of the master of humour based around making people uncomfortable by referencing homosexuality and the humour in that discomfort but... he definitely shares a bed with a lady on nights when he isn't sleeping alone.

Also: the Beastie Boys song "You Gotta Fight For Your Right To Party" would be awesome put through this filter.

"Check it!"
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 07, 2007, 08:37:03 pm
i had a christology teacher (actual name of class at all male high school) who was completely perplexed as to why everyone at the school felt the compulsion to draw cocks everywhere and play games during mass that involved seeing who could yell p.e.n.i.s the loudest without getting in trouble. He made some speech about it in class, and later that day someone drew the most perfect pu$$y and tits on his car. he got a kick out of it, even drove home with the artwork.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: jaydub on September 07, 2007, 08:51:06 pm
Sort of the equivalent of hanging your kids' artwork on the fridge.  "Look at how good Jimmy's getting!  He's even got the width proportions of the labia minora to majora right!"
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: smick on September 07, 2007, 08:58:20 pm
I always fancied "Homosexual Panic" as a band name.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: Doc on September 08, 2007, 02:23:46 am
As someone who came up through an all guys school when a bunch of guys are together talking about cocks and references to homosexuality are pretty common. The gay ones are the ones that don't say anything as often as they are the ones that join in too much.
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 08, 2007, 02:27:00 am
As someone who came up through an all guys school when a bunch of guys are together talking about cocks and references to homosexuality are pretty common. The gay ones are the ones that don't say anything as often as they are the ones that join in too much.
yea, much like this board, if given enough time every conversation came down to talking about cocks in some way. (Unless talking about sports or pretend sports in which case the conversation is frighteningly focused)
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: theinevitable on September 08, 2007, 03:44:47 am
when people start talking about sports, I normally say "so! how about those Cocks?"
Title: Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
Post by: side_show on September 08, 2007, 03:38:53 pm
I always fancied "Homosexual Panic" as a band name.

Perfect for a Violent Femmes tribute band actually.