The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Bozack on September 08, 2007, 05:05:10 am
-
Holy. SHIT.
I'm sitting in an apartment. In Montreal, Quebec, CANADA. Sittting next to me- Andalucia. I'm not sure how many people remember us- from the primordial soup of TOUAMB (or, in my case, the trilobite of TOUAMB) but we just wanted to say hi. We blamed our continued friendship on you all, and now have a really hard time at parties when people ask how we met. We're both doing well, and live a block away from eachother, and wanted to say hello!
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Bozack/Photo212.jpg)
Hi!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Bozack/Photo212.jpg
-
OMG
Hey you guys!! WE MISS YOU!!
p.s. I can't get the photobucket link to work?
-
Ohhhhh!
Hahaha!
The problem is.....Jough programmed in that every time we say 2*3*5*w*1*0*3 (mine olde forum name) the forum would read that as "Bozack"- so the forum is sending you to the wrong URL, because my Photobucket account is ALSO 2*3*5*w*1*0*3!
What fools us mortals be!
So simply replace "Bozack" with 2*3*5*w*1*0*3, minus the little stargiraffe of course.
-
Awesome! Glad to hear you're both still alive and doing well.
-
Woo Bozack! I didn't know Andalucia but it's always nice when people come back to a forum after a while, when someone goes away on the internet it's always hard to know if they're dead.
-
Yay!!!
-
this is so fun! yayyy!
-
I think I mean very little to either of you, but you both look very happy, and who doesn't like to get caught up in general excitement?
Yaaaaaaaaaay.
-
I'm with Judy on this one.
When there is something to celebrate, better damn well celebrate. There won't always be reasons.
Yaaaaaaay!
-
Woooooohooooooooo!
We've missed you guys. Come back to us! Occasionally! When you have nothing better to do! And aren't busy living the full lives of today's young people!
It's so nice to see that this board has enriched some lives for a change, instead of slowly leaching away your souls, leaving only a hollow, empty shell, incapable of maintaining a normal interpersonal relationship that isn't mediated through a vast web of electronic privacy filters. Yay, internet!
-
Bozack! Andalucia!
Happy Happy! Joy Joy!
Hope you are both well and doing fine. Take good care of each other. Drop in and see us once in a while.
-
Welcome back kids!
Really Andaluca should be holding a plate of tofu in that photo, because that is how I remember her.
You both look lovely.
I have odd arty friends who live in Montreal now, but recently scrapped a plan to go visit because it's so damn expensive. It is the same price as a week at an all inclusive in Mexico in the middle of our godforsaken winter. I made my choice.
Please eat some smoked meat and poutine for us!
-
I was about to be really mad at somebody for posting in an old thread that made me think Bozack was back. Turns out I shouldn't jump to conclusions.
-
Go you, people I don't know! May you have club many a seal up there in Canadia, and not have to resort to killing and eating each other as the long, harsh winter sets in. WOOO!
-
andalucia would never club a seal. She clubs soybeans.
Bozack, well...probably wouldn't. I don't think.
*glares suspiciously*
-
I was about to be really mad at somebody for posting in an old thread that made me think Bozack was back. Turns out I shouldn't jump to conclusions.
Awp!
You're right, though, we did have a lot of people gravediggin' threads and getting others' hopes up that long-vanished members had returned. Bozack and Andalucia, it would be awesome if you came back and posted more often.
-
(edit: WTF, I was wondering where this post went...)
-
wrong thread, theinev!
-
I was about to be really mad at somebody for posting in an old thread that made me think Bozack was back. Turns out I shouldn't jump to conclusions.
Me too! Holy shit indeed.
-
I always knew it (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1941.msg40088.html#msg40088).
-
What the fuck? It didn't even show this thread as having new posts - I never would have found this if I hadn't randomly looked at Bozack's profile and noticed that he's recently been here. Huh.
Anyway, welcome, good to see you, let me dust off your chair.
-
BAAAH! show them your mustache, man.
edit: well, i mean the one i saw the other night. with the twisty bits.
-
Okay, so wait, are you two like a couple now?
I only ask because I want to take credit for it, although if you ever break up then I'll insist that you met someplace else.
TOMORROW: HOBOT AND MISTERQUEUE POST A TOGETHER PHOTO
-
dude, I would flip out and kill a bitch.
also: misterqueue lives so close to me. On St Patty's day he posted a picture of a pub that was down the street from where my then-girlfriend's house was.
-
BAAAH! show them your mustache, man.
edit: well, i mean the one i saw the other night. with the twisty bits.
wait...are Beatrice and Bozack a couple? I'm so confused!
-
Gina's twat.
-
oh, dude, the Uncanny Valley. I was just trying to explain that concept to someone yesterday.
-
Whoa, what? Kickin' rad.
-
I was still lurking here the last time Bozack or Andalucia posted, but it's still good to hear from them again. Perhaps even moreso, in a weird kind of way. For me they've still got that magical Hyperborean aura that surrounds board regulars when viewed through a lurker's eyes.
I don't know if that maybe came out creepier than I meant it to. Also, before I looked below Bobby's avatar I took this
oh, dude, the Uncanny Valley. I was just trying to explain that concept to someone yesterday.
as a reference to Gina. Uncanny it certainly is, after all.
-
Okay, so wait, are you two like a couple now?
I only ask because I want to take credit for it, although if you ever break up then I'll insist that you met someplace else.
TOMORROW: HOBOT AND MISTERQUEUE POST A TOGETHER PHOTO
Jeezus christ you people can't let a thing go.
Here, fuckers. (http://www.misterqueue.com/qhob.jpg)
Inev: commence freaking the fuck out.
This is the last you'll hear from me. Love you all. *blows kisses*
-
dude, misterqueue, I am gon' kill you.
but, um, good job, she is real pretty and such.
-
Holy Shit!!!
-
Come on, people; if the Flickr posts didn't make it obvious, then you probably don't deserve to know.
Thank you, and goodnight!
-
yeah, true, I totally have been stalking you both on flickr, so I knew already.
(is that what you wanted me to say?)
-
Just call me Marty Kroft because I am officially in the Land of the Lost.
-
Just call me Marty Kroft because I am officially in the Land of the Lost.
Mike, Misterqueue and Hobot, are two well loved, but long AWOL board members. Misterqueue just posted a picture himself and Hobot kissing. No one knew they had a relationship.
Hobot followed with a message that we should have known due to "flickr posts."
Does that make it any more clear?
-
PS Misterqueue lives like a mile away from me. it is nuts.
-
I just want credit for bringing young love together.
Seriously, any of you cocksuckers marry each other and there'd better be a toast to me and TOUAMB at your fuck*ng wedding.
-
Oh, I understood as far as the idea that these were two awesome people who don't come around here all that much anymore. I was with you up to there.
But... I had no idea that they were rumoured to be an item or anything like that.
I just thought that they were each separately too busy than to noodle around on message boards so much and... so on and so forth.
I suppose if I knew more gossip, I'd understand the world better.
-
I totally just got a 404. So, uh, is this an elaborate prank, or are Hobot and queue actually together?
Hobot, Q, in the unlikely event that you're really here and still reading this thread: you guys were good posters. Have fun in the Real World, okay?
-
It was just a picture of Mister queue and Hobot passionately kissing. I saved it off to my hard drive, but I don't know about the ethics of reposting it.
-
I just want credit for bringing young love together.
Seriously, any of you cocksuckers marry each other and there'd better be a toast to me and TOUAMB at your fuck*ng wedding.
Man, you know that jough just wants a wedding so he can gruffle a kilogram of bacon-wrapped shrimp.
-
I just want credit for bringing young love together.
Seriously, any of you cocksuckers marry each other and there'd better be a toast to me and TOUAMB at your fuck*ng wedding.
I'd marry linnea but she keeps calling me a douche in PM, so I guess that boat has sailed.
-
Who the fuck were those blowjobs?
I'm with you on this one, Ash.
I'd marry linnea but she keeps calling me a douche in PM, so I guess that boat has sailed.
I called you a douche ONCE, because you were hitting on my sister while drunk. Also, after my engagement to Crap Dude, I will never date another conservative again. Sorry.
-
Yeah, we ARE all pretty much douches.
I didn't say that all conservatives are douches. Sorry, I guess my rationale for that argument wasn't very clear. In addition to the other Problems our relationship had, being diametrically opposed in political thought (among other things, such as theologically...I was vegan when we first met and he has always been a hardcore meatatarian, etc.) did not help our relationship. Maybe other "Opposites Attract" couples can make it work, but we could not.
-
i had a really awkward conversation with a certain lady earlier about how her ex was pretty into being... what one sometimes hears called a "South Park Republican." I would like to think that, while I am sometimes ignorant or naive about race issues, women's issues, etc, I am at least aware enough of myself to recognize this when it is pointed out to me. She basically said that she avoided having serious conversations with him because she didn't want to be "that girlfriend," meaning, you know, the naggy liberal girlfriend who can't just let the man think he's right. This made me cry a little bit for our society.
this is a guy who got mad at her for not wanting to take the Boston metro (the L?) by herself when she'd never been to Boston before, though. So, you know, the conversation was mostly awkward because I was resisting saying "that guy was a complete asshole and you should never have dated him. date me, please." I think I got that across sufficiently through eye-rolling and sarcastic comments, though.
Anyway, yeah. I feel like sometimes a radically different way of viewing these issues can be a dealbreaker. Especially when, you know, one side is basically just being ignorant and Straight Well-Educated White Male about the whole thing. Yes, I realize that this on some level contradicts something I said earlier today.
PS Paul, I really like how it was OK to save the picture of makeouts to your harddrive, and to tell us this, but not to repost. Internet ethics are so fun.
When/if my friends run for political office in the future, they will de-tag the pictures of them playing Beer Pong in hula skirts which will still be on facebook. Most of them are smart enough to have already done this. However, I will still have them on my harddrive. Yippee!
-
..."that guy was a complete asshole and you should never have dated him. date me, please." I think I got that across sufficiently through eye-rolling and sarcastic comments, though...
Can'd.
Also, does this work for you? Because it sure don't for me.
-
dude, if it worked for me, I would not be posting on this board.
or, you know, I would post once, and it would be a picture of me making out instead of posting on the board.
(clarification: I will not post such a picture. that would he a horrible idea.)
-
Threadjack:
What is up with Boston natives and the assumption that the T is totally intuitive? Does the pleasing octothorpe shape fool them? Ever since I first came to the city, the Gentleman Caller has been trying to convince me that I can just take it on my own, and I keep explaining that, no, that's not going to work for me. Sigh.
-
What's even funnier is New York City types who say the same thing about the subway there.
"Yeah, if you get confused, there's a map on the wall at the station! Easy!"
Yeeeeeeeah. Easy.
All I'm saying, Manhattan, is that if you're going to pin me into a hurtling sardine can filled with lepers and urine puddles, at least let me know where I'm going.
-
My only experience with the subway is in London and it's easy peasy.
-
yeah. the enraging thing was that... it didn't really occur to him that there would be any reason that she, as a small, cute, 18 year old girl, would not want to be on the subway by herself in a new city. also: that there would be any reason that, you know, if your ex-girlfriend comes across the US to visit you when you aren't even technically dating anymore (and the reason you aren't dating is because you want some ass on the side and don't want things to be "awkward"), it would be a nice move to come pick her up at the airport. INSTEAD OF GOING TO LUNCH WITH THE GIRL YOU ARE fuck*ng, ASSHOLE.
-
Well, to be fair, if he refers to himself as the boyfriend of the new girlfriend in the new girlfriend's presence...
No, of course you don't pick up your recent ex-girlfriend. Because she is your ex-girlfriend.
You are not supposed to be overly friendly with your recent ex-girlfriends, out of respect to your new girlfriend, so that she doesn't think you're just trying to fuck the both of them.
This is probably not the whole story, of course, but once you and someone are broken up, it is definitely not your responsibility to pick him or her up at the airport. Because... y'know... that's what people who are dating do for each other.
If it is five years down the road and the girls are friendly with each other and the wounds are actually kinda healed, that is another thing. However, your current lady had better go WITH you when you pick her up. And, also, no matter how friendly they are, your current lady will definitely be holding your hand the whole time as if to say:
"Yeah, we're giving you a lift, but he's mine now, bitch."
This is just how it works. You are most responsible to the girl you're actually dating. Or even just fuck*ng on the side.
I am completely with you on "South Park Republicans" though.
I have many conservative friends and we happily agree to disagree on all sorts of matters but... yeah... even they say that if someone says to them that they are a "South Park Republican" they know that they are dealing with someone at best unprincipled politically and at worst someone who flat-out doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.
It is fine to believe in what you believe in, whatever you believe in, as long as you don't hurt nobody and you're coherent about it.
But the whole South Park Republican... thing... is just completely incoherent when you pick it up and look at it.
-
What's even funnier is New York City types who say the same thing about the subway there.
"Yeah, if you get confused, there's a map on the wall at the station! Easy!"
Yeeeeeeeah. Easy.
All I'm saying, Manhattan, is that if you're going to pin me into a hurtling sardine can filled with lepers and urine puddles, at least let me know where I'm going.
Dude, theres a giant map on the wall, theres a more specific map on every support pillar, there's a person sitting in a booth, theres giant signs every 6 feet telling you what lines are coming, and now theyre adding electronic audio announcements to tell you how many minutes away the train is. hopstop.com will even give you foot by foot directions on what to do. What more do you want?
-
I called you a douche ONCE, because you were hitting on my sister while drunk. Also, after my engagement to Crap Dude, I will never date another conservative again. Sorry.
Look people, im not a "conservative" im a libertarian. This just means I don't like government watching me take a pee or stealing my money.
This philosophy still leaves room in my heart to treat you right, baby.
-
no, but, see, he was not dating this other girl. he was calling the first girl up and being like "I miss you so much" and then fuck*ng the second girl. And then telling the first girl about it.
I feel like, as a dude, it is your duty to go pick up a female friend who is visiting you. Doubly so if you are planning on makeouts with her.
-
This just means I don't like government watching me take a pee or stealing my money.
QFT & amen, brother. We're much better neighbors than conservatives too. Fortunately for the softie-socialists and the deep-pocket conservatives we're completely powerless as a voting block.
-
What more do you want?
I want to be able to drive the train myself so that I actually know where the hell I'm going. No more, no less.
Also, less urine and less beggars making me feel less like that scene in "Jesus Christ Superstar" where A Dude can't cure everyone.
I want to give each of you a dollar but fuck, man, I ain't got that many dollars myself.
-
London's Tube system is awesome. There's a clear map, and all the lines are color coded, and they SAY WHERE THEY ARE GOING.
I haven't experienced NYC's, but I found getting around in Paris easier than Boston's subway. I don't even speak French.
Paris' subway stench could be the stuff of legends, though.
-
Paris' subway stench could be the stuff of legends, though.
Is it rubbish and vomit and stuff? Or worse? I've never been there. In college and high school kids used to bitch about how disgusting it was to enter cafes and other places in France in the summertime because of the smell of human body odour. This is a really stupid and ignorant question, but is it true that many folks in France don't wear deodorant? I'm sure that the vast majority of the world's 6.6 billion people do not...
-
This is a really stupid and ignorant question, but is it true that many folks in France don't wear deodorant? I'm sure that the vast majority of the world's 6.6 billion people do not...
Shhhhh You're going to get KH riled up again (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3273.msg78543.html#msg78543)...
-
You know, I almost put "Deodorant is killing us and our environment, which is a good reason not to wear it," but then I didn't.
-
urine puddles
Seriously? Seems something should be done about that.
-
There is no way anyone should avoid France for their different hygiene standards. It would be like the French avoiding all of America because our everyday food is inferior to theirs.
Seriously, hygiene standards are different overseas. Not so much deodorant, but less frequent bathing and wearing clothes for longer (multiple days) between washing are big factors. You encounter all of these overseas, but by and large this is just an occasional phenom. The French are not that bad. The Germans on the other hand..... Many years ago I was at the Stuttgart Zoo, when a sudden heavy rain broke out. Everybody crowded into the aquarium building to stay dry. A couple whiffs and I decided that getting wet was the least worst option.
The Germans excuse to avoid America could be that we allow junker cars to run on the road or that slow vehicles operate in the left lane on multi-lane freeways. They would have a point.
-
It's strange. The Metro looked as clean as any other heavily-trafficked public space could be, but there was just this... sourceless stench. The worst stations were the lines with cars that ran on rubber tires and not metal wheels. The 'heated rubber' smell just layered on top of all the others. Maybe it's just that they weren't built with ventilation in mind. Eh. The people didn't seem that much worse than anywhere else... and there were fewer people making the metro cars their home, so it probably averaged out as far as that goes.
I'm certainly not the world's foremost expert on stench or underground transit.
-
The Germans excuse to avoid America could be that we allow junker cars to run on the road or that slow vehicles operate in the left lane on multi-lane freeways. They would have a point.
The best. Smell all you want to, but don't drive slow in the fast lane. I don't even speed over 5 over but they fuck up the whole system man.