The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on September 13, 2007, 09:12:07 pm

Title: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on September 13, 2007, 09:12:07 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09132007

While this one is fantastic, it is not perfect, because it somehow diminishes the original Philippe flowchart:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02282007
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: jaydub on September 13, 2007, 09:18:45 pm
Apparently, part of my wife's mind is Phillipe.  The part that looks at strangers and sees drug addicts.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: theinevitable on September 13, 2007, 09:29:20 pm
so, I had a lot of trouble following this one.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: V-Adore on September 13, 2007, 10:09:53 pm
I do like the shark panel.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 13, 2007, 10:41:35 pm
This was the first and only time I immediately clicked "get a signed copy of this strip" and had it shipped to my mom.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: CortJstr on September 13, 2007, 10:48:26 pm
I somehow saw the Hungry Gus part first, then read the rest of it looking for an explanation. Is Gus just his nickname for the toilet? That toilet or any? Did Beef put another giraffe in there? So many questions.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: dejavroom on September 13, 2007, 10:51:30 pm
The graphics on this one are the shit. Onstad always took good care of the strip's looks, but this one is outstanding. Verily, I gush.

"Oh crumbs." "Hungry Gus". (A-CAP, canned for class) =~~
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: rabidambulance on September 13, 2007, 11:16:58 pm
I would have gone with "Me and Hungry Gus" but that's just me.

Its also a good candidate for an Achewood tattoo.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 13, 2007, 11:45:09 pm
Oh shit.

I have an unavoidable compulsion to keep the best till last.

A Phillipe flowchart is clearly the best, but I have now opened this thread. If I leave the chart till last, that will require reading this thread, which may damage my enjoyment of said chart. If I read the thread first I will feel horribly uncomfortable for some time afterwards.

I really hope that posting this reply without reading the thread is enough to sate the Beasts of Compulsion that are beginning to stir within me, at least for long enough for me to deal with them powerfully.

What's that, Google Reader? Forty-two unread posts? Well, then I guess I'm just fucked.

Anyway, my psychological peccadilloes are rather less inhibiting than those of many others less fortunate than myself, so I am going to shut the fuck up now and read all the free entertainment that the world has just placed in my lap. Remind me never to complain ever again, my life is awesome.

EDIT: I successfully distracted myself and it was so worth it.

Also: honk.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: RMJ12345 on September 14, 2007, 04:09:49 am
This one, Cornelius', and Nice Pete's were not titled flowcharts. Significant?

I love this series.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: Doc on September 14, 2007, 08:20:59 am
This one had a title down the bottom corner.
Also: Shark!
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: Bimmicus on September 14, 2007, 12:57:19 pm
The lesson learned here is, never smile at a depressed person without proper clearance.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: jough on September 14, 2007, 12:57:33 pm
I'll bet the person who bought Onstad a copy of Visio for his birthday is feeling sorry now.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: Turbo Ninja on September 14, 2007, 01:00:48 pm
I like the idea of t-shirts that say "Honk if you (whatever)."  Because you pretty much need to be in a car, on a properly-equipped bike, or Harpo Marx if you're able to honk at any given time.

Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 14, 2007, 01:16:25 pm
Or be a swan.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: dejavroom on September 14, 2007, 02:31:46 pm
I'll bet the person who bought Onstad a copy of Visio for his birthday is feeling sorry now.

SNAAARK!
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: melack on September 14, 2007, 03:32:15 pm
When I read these thought process comics, I feel like Onstad has opened Achewood franchises across the country.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: colmore on September 14, 2007, 04:13:34 pm
It's funny.  I can pretty clearly remember early childhood starting a couple months before my third birthday, remembering things down to the way my thought process worked.

Around five or so it alternated between very concerned and detailed logic, pondering about mechanics and things, and wildly fantastic imaginary play where I'd yell at fantasy creatures in the living room who I knew weren't there, I was just that into it.

And now I'm a bipolar math / comp-sci student.
Title: Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
Post by: theinevitable on September 14, 2007, 04:26:19 pm
Quote
When I read these thought process comics, I feel like Onstad has opened Achewood franchises across the country.

I dreamed last night that I was watching TV, and an ad for the new Achewood Movie came on. I was dumbstruck.