Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!  (Read 3703 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« on: September 13, 2007, 09:12:07 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09132007

While this one is fantastic, it is not perfect, because it somehow diminishes the original Philippe flowchart:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02282007
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:18:45 pm »

Apparently, part of my wife's mind is Phillipe.  The part that looks at strangers and sees drug addicts.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 09:29:20 pm »

so, I had a lot of trouble following this one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 10:09:53 pm »

I do like the shark panel.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 10:41:35 pm »

This was the first and only time I immediately clicked "get a signed copy of this strip" and had it shipped to my mom.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 10:48:26 pm »

I somehow saw the Hungry Gus part first, then read the rest of it looking for an explanation. Is Gus just his nickname for the toilet? That toilet or any? Did Beef put another giraffe in there? So many questions.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 10:51:30 pm »

The graphics on this one are the shit. Onstad always took good care of the strip's looks, but this one is outstanding. Verily, I gush.

"Oh crumbs." "Hungry Gus". (A-CAP, canned for class) =~~
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

rabidambulance

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 11:16:58 pm »

I would have gone with "Me and Hungry Gus" but that's just me.

Its also a good candidate for an Achewood tattoo.
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 11:45:09 pm »

Oh shit.

I have an unavoidable compulsion to keep the best till last.

A Phillipe flowchart is clearly the best, but I have now opened this thread. If I leave the chart till last, that will require reading this thread, which may damage my enjoyment of said chart. If I read the thread first I will feel horribly uncomfortable for some time afterwards.

I really hope that posting this reply without reading the thread is enough to sate the Beasts of Compulsion that are beginning to stir within me, at least for long enough for me to deal with them powerfully.

What's that, Google Reader? Forty-two unread posts? Well, then I guess I'm just fucked.

Anyway, my psychological peccadilloes are rather less inhibiting than those of many others less fortunate than myself, so I am going to shut the fuck up now and read all the free entertainment that the world has just placed in my lap. Remind me never to complain ever again, my life is awesome.

EDIT: I successfully distracted myself and it was so worth it.

Also: honk.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:20:24 am by Ruta Bagas »
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 04:09:49 am »

This one, Cornelius', and Nice Pete's were not titled flowcharts. Significant?

I love this series.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 08:20:59 am »

This one had a title down the bottom corner.
Also: Shark!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 12:57:19 pm »

The lesson learned here is, never smile at a depressed person without proper clearance.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 12:57:33 pm »

I'll bet the person who bought Onstad a copy of Visio for his birthday is feeling sorry now.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 01:00:48 pm »

I like the idea of t-shirts that say "Honk if you (whatever)."  Because you pretty much need to be in a car, on a properly-equipped bike, or Harpo Marx if you're able to honk at any given time.

Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 13 September 2007 - Oh my gosh a stranger!
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 01:16:25 pm »

Or be a swan.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up