The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: robot_god on September 19, 2007, 12:18:58 am

Title: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: robot_god on September 19, 2007, 12:18:58 am
http://www.handlebarclub.co.uk/wbmcwinners.shtml
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: CortJstr on September 19, 2007, 01:04:55 am
I swear I remember some of those from last year. That seems like cheating.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: V-Adore on September 19, 2007, 03:07:45 am
That's some remarkable beardology, there.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: lprkn on September 19, 2007, 03:43:12 am
Damn, the Germans have a lockdown on this. We may have to take a look at our moustache deficit in the coming election year. I wonder what Hillary's position is?
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: jaydub on September 19, 2007, 03:49:51 am
She rides?
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: Doc on September 19, 2007, 11:41:46 am
Beard envy?

Also: It seems to me that Paul could beat those runner ups in the imperial mustache category easily.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: lprkn on September 19, 2007, 04:14:25 pm
Apparently, the next competition is in AK. Feel like going north?
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: linnea on September 19, 2007, 05:54:38 pm
She rides?

Jay, I almost snorted diet Coke outta my nose on that one. Tiny can.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: pmcd9 on September 20, 2007, 05:32:02 am
I started my training today.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: Doc on September 20, 2007, 06:39:51 am
All Rocky-style sequence, all lifting dumbells with your 'stache, tips raised in triumph as the local children cheer.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: Beatrice on September 26, 2007, 01:56:29 am
" To promote good relationships between members of moustache and beard clubs throughout the world and to foster networks in the interests of friendship, conviviality and fun.

To encourage and celebrate standards of excellence in the growth, design and presentation of facial hair.

To raise the profile of beard and moustache clubs in order to attract new members and to bring to the general public a topic of interest and fun (put a smile on people’s faces)."




i think instead they should encourage dueling, and prehaps street battles, between moustache and beard clubs throughout the world.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: lprkn on September 26, 2007, 02:13:14 am
You could probably make a decent forbidden love/Romeo+Juliet type thing out of that.

Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: Beatrice on September 26, 2007, 07:29:18 am
a mustachioed West Side Story?
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: lprkn on September 26, 2007, 07:36:55 am
But probably w/  just dudes. Unless you want your Juliet/Maria to sport an Imperial moustache.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: V-Adore on September 26, 2007, 07:56:06 am
Yeah, I was wondering that. Are we assuming a bearded lady, or is this a Peppermint Honcho-style thing?

I guess Maria could be the sister of one of the Mustached Dudes.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: pmcd9 on September 26, 2007, 02:12:41 pm
I don't know about the Romeo and Juliet angle, but this subject is ripe for the Christopher Guest treatment.  As soon as he finishes his movie about ferret owners of course.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: lprkn on September 26, 2007, 04:04:12 pm
Indeed, sir. Now all I need is his email...
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: AlohaDawg on September 26, 2007, 05:16:51 pm
Yeah, I was wondering that. Are we assuming a bearded lady, or is this a Peppermint Honcho-style thing?

I guess Maria could be the sister of one of the Mustached Dudes.

In which case it should be Juliet, because Italian girls grow better mustaches than Puerto Rican girls in my experience.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: wombat on September 26, 2007, 08:23:25 pm
I don't know about the Romeo and Juliet angle, but this subject is ripe for the Christopher Guest treatment.  As soon as he finishes his movie about ferret owners of course.

He's not really making this movie, is he? Don't tease me!
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: Beatrice on September 27, 2007, 01:13:07 pm
you can't really own a ferret, can you?  you can only sort of cage them and try to break their spirit?
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: linnea on September 27, 2007, 05:34:23 pm
you can't really own a ferret, can you?  you can only sort of cage them and try to break their spirit?

They're domesticated, not wild animals.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: jaydub on September 27, 2007, 06:04:24 pm
They're domesticated, not wild animals.
On the domestication spectrum, they're farther along than elephants, not as much as cats, and nowhere near dogs & cattle.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: Toaster on October 29, 2007, 09:57:17 pm
I'm very surprised at myself that I don't think this whole thing is silly. Very surprised. I've decided to do this as soon as I am biologically cut out for it.
Title: Re: 2007 Beard and Moustache Championships
Post by: side_show on October 31, 2007, 02:25:23 am
Peaches is a bearded lady. (http://musique.photos.fluctuat.net/Les-pochettes-les-plus-rock/Peaches-photo550-79.html)