The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: robot_god on September 25, 2007, 06:47:54 am

Title: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: robot_god on September 25, 2007, 06:47:54 am
9.25.07 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09252007)

Go to a dungeon.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 25, 2007, 07:06:31 am
Ray refers Roast Beef to punishment in a manner not unlike early computer-based RPGs.

"Look around."

"There are doors left and right."

"Go right."

"Wrong door, go to a dungeon."

I enjoy this theory of punishment.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: theinevitable on September 25, 2007, 07:12:58 am
hm.

I don't know about this.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: dejavroom on September 25, 2007, 11:19:11 am
*flut*
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: Doc on September 25, 2007, 01:03:11 pm
As usual Ray is seeing a lot deeper into a situation than we give him credit for.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: CortJstr on September 25, 2007, 01:11:19 pm
Now I want to see Todd in an all-squirrel version of The Blues Brothers (the band, not the movie).
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: lprkn on September 25, 2007, 03:11:02 pm
So after Todd spirals down into self-destruction are we going to see the emergence of Todd's no-talent hack brother?
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: CortJstr on September 25, 2007, 03:23:56 pm
So after Todd spirals down into self-destruction are we going to see the emergence of Todd's no-talent hack brother?

Now there's no need for sour grapes just because you aren't talented enough to have your own sitcom on ... whatever network Jim Belushi's show is on. Whatever the show is (was?) called.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: theinevitable on September 25, 2007, 04:10:38 pm
I met Jim Belushi. It was... egh?
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on September 25, 2007, 05:19:43 pm
Thank god Ray is making videos that don't involve gay Augustwest look-a-likes.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: pmcd9 on September 25, 2007, 05:31:02 pm
So after Todd spirals down into self-destruction are we going to see the emergence of Todd's no-talent hack brother?

I once had a date where I went to a lady's house to watch a movie.  The movie she selected was K-9.  She wanted me to see it because she loooved it so much and knew I would too.

Do you have any idea how difficult it was to pretend to like that movie?  And women wonder why men fuck and run.  For God sakes ladies, if you want us to stick around don't show us K-9.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: V-Adore on September 25, 2007, 07:03:11 pm
I can say, honestly, that I've never had the urge to show a man K-9.

Anyway, the real winner in this strip is the "go to a dungeon" line. I can see myself using that in real life.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: jaydub on September 25, 2007, 07:12:31 pm
I can say, honestly, that I've never had the urge to show a man K-9.

I'm always astonished at my wife's appetite for Turner & Hooch (or alternatively, You've Got Mail).  She's taken to watching them in her scrapbooking office because I roll my eyes over them even more than her MASH reruns.  Tom Hanks might have a little to do with it, but in reality its the dogs.  I think her favourite scenes in YGM are when he's talking to the dog.

Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 25, 2007, 11:22:09 pm
Quote from: V-Adore
I can say, honestly, that I've never had the urge to show a man K-9.

Can'd just because that's a funny line to say out loud.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: lprkn on September 26, 2007, 12:17:50 am
I once had a date where I went to a lady's house to watch a movie.  The movie she selected was K-9.  She wanted me to see it because she loooved it so much and knew I would too.

Do you have any idea how difficult it was to pretend to like that movie?  And women wonder why men fuck and run.  For God sakes ladies, if you want us to stick around don't show us K-9.

K-9. Bleh. Now if it had been Red Heat, it'd be an entirely different love story.

At least in my case, anyway.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: Beatrice on September 26, 2007, 12:39:50 am
"Todd gets high on coke and wrestles a lobster in a freezer.  As the lobster freezes, Todd slowly wins."

c'mon.  that's awesome.

Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: ryanpeq on September 26, 2007, 12:43:45 am
"Todd gets high on coke and wrestles a lobster in a freezer.  As the lobster freezes, Todd slowly wins."

c'mon.  that's awesome.


Yeah, "Todd slowly wins" is the best line in the strip for sure.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: nDed on September 26, 2007, 03:55:02 pm
The alt-text reminded me of those old In Living Color skits where Damon Wayans and David Allan Grier played gay movie critics.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/nDed03/inlivingcolor_240_001.jpg)
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: Turbo Ninja on September 26, 2007, 04:33:23 pm
The alt-text reminded me of those old In Living Color skits where Damon Wayans and David Allan Grier played gay movie critics.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/nDed03/inlivingcolor_240_001.jpg)

Wait, wait, wait.

THOSE GUYS WERE GAY?!?

Now it all makes sense.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: Dangermoose on September 26, 2007, 08:41:08 pm
I missed that sound. Happy returns, sound!

flut
flut
flut (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02052007)

Ahh.  Peaceful.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: Dangermoose on September 26, 2007, 09:44:21 pm
It makes me think of doctor's office waiting rooms.  Which is maybe why it's appropriate for both moving paper around and T's robe getting flutted up.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: linnea on September 26, 2007, 09:58:04 pm
I'd swear Ray had a doll that, when he ******ed it, would cause some other characters ****** to fall down with that same sound. And I can't find it because I don't have the archive-foo and I'm not gonna go strip by strip.

ALSO: that was the same sound T's robe made when he was ceiling floating during a good choke.

I like that sound.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04292005

Also (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06112007) here (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05022005).

It is a wonderful sound.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on September 26, 2007, 10:11:51 pm
You made me remember early Fox network stuff. Go to a dungeon.

Parker Lewis Can't Lose.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: nDed on September 27, 2007, 12:42:56 am
Go to a dungeon.

Aww nuts man.
Title: Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
Post by: AugustWest on September 27, 2007, 03:16:41 am
Parker Lewis Can't Lose.

And Herman's Head right back to you.