Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.  (Read 9886 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« on: September 25, 2007, 06:47:54 am »

9.25.07

Go to a dungeon.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 07:06:31 am »

Ray refers Roast Beef to punishment in a manner not unlike early computer-based RPGs.

"Look around."

"There are doors left and right."

"Go right."

"Wrong door, go to a dungeon."

I enjoy this theory of punishment.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 07:12:58 am »

hm.

I don't know about this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 11:19:11 am »

*flut*
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 01:03:11 pm »

As usual Ray is seeing a lot deeper into a situation than we give him credit for.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 01:11:19 pm »

Now I want to see Todd in an all-squirrel version of The Blues Brothers (the band, not the movie).
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 03:11:02 pm »

So after Todd spirals down into self-destruction are we going to see the emergence of Todd's no-talent hack brother?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 03:23:56 pm »

So after Todd spirals down into self-destruction are we going to see the emergence of Todd's no-talent hack brother?

Now there's no need for sour grapes just because you aren't talented enough to have your own sitcom on ... whatever network Jim Belushi's show is on. Whatever the show is (was?) called.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 04:10:38 pm »

I met Jim Belushi. It was... egh?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 05:19:43 pm »

Thank god Ray is making videos that don't involve gay Augustwest look-a-likes.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 05:31:02 pm »

So after Todd spirals down into self-destruction are we going to see the emergence of Todd's no-talent hack brother?

I once had a date where I went to a lady's house to watch a movie.  The movie she selected was K-9.  She wanted me to see it because she loooved it so much and knew I would too.

Do you have any idea how difficult it was to pretend to like that movie?  And women wonder why men fuck and run.  For God sakes ladies, if you want us to stick around don't show us K-9.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 07:03:11 pm »

I can say, honestly, that I've never had the urge to show a man K-9.

Anyway, the real winner in this strip is the "go to a dungeon" line. I can see myself using that in real life.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 07:12:31 pm »

I can say, honestly, that I've never had the urge to show a man K-9.

I'm always astonished at my wife's appetite for Turner & Hooch (or alternatively, You've Got Mail).  She's taken to watching them in her scrapbooking office because I roll my eyes over them even more than her MASH reruns.  Tom Hanks might have a little to do with it, but in reality its the dogs.  I think her favourite scenes in YGM are when he's talking to the dog.

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 11:22:09 pm »

Quote from: V-Adore
I can say, honestly, that I've never had the urge to show a man K-9.

Can'd just because that's a funny line to say out loud.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 9.25.07 - You're a crazy person, Beef. Go to a dungeon.
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 12:17:50 am »

I once had a date where I went to a lady's house to watch a movie.  The movie she selected was K-9.  She wanted me to see it because she loooved it so much and knew I would too.

Do you have any idea how difficult it was to pretend to like that movie?  And women wonder why men fuck and run.  For God sakes ladies, if you want us to stick around don't show us K-9.

K-9. Bleh. Now if it had been Red Heat, it'd be an entirely different love story.

At least in my case, anyway.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up