The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: theinevitable on October 01, 2007, 09:32:51 am

Title: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: theinevitable on October 01, 2007, 09:32:51 am
This one... wow. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10012007) I know I'm just some pissant from Akron, but, my paw taught me that if something is worth doing it's worth doing right. Does this even count as a comic?
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: Doc on October 01, 2007, 09:45:36 am
Well I guess he had to look through the archives... maybe?
Actually I don't mind this one, for a start I can't remember the Beef-as-eraserhead strip so I'm going to have to archive diving.

Well damnit that was quick (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08312006).
As convenient as ohno***** is it somehow removes the joy from olde-thimee archive trauling.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: theinevitable on October 01, 2007, 09:53:37 am
PS congrats Achewood on 6 years. Do not think I don't value you, you good comic you.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: V-Adore on October 01, 2007, 01:16:08 pm
This is kind of interesting, but yeah, I'm not sure it counts as a comic.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: pmcd9 on October 01, 2007, 01:31:59 pm
This would be an interesting strip if the characters had changed one iota over the course of 6 years.  but it's all computer cut and paste now.  It's not like he has to draw that shit everyday.

Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: Bimmicus on October 01, 2007, 02:41:28 pm
MORE FAT CHICKS
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: CortJstr on October 01, 2007, 02:52:04 pm
Philippe totally looks different. His ##### line up better now.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: dejavroom on October 01, 2007, 02:59:38 pm
BOO TO THAT
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 01, 2007, 03:04:03 pm
Quote from: theinevitable
my paw taught me that if something is worth doing it's worth doing right.

QFI*.

(*irony)

Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: linnea on October 01, 2007, 08:07:02 pm
I may be going out on a limb here, but this is one bull shit retrospective. Two words for emphasis.

If it were some kind of interactive, where you could click on one or two panels and see some great insight into what 'Stad put into making that comic...shit, even a sketchbook scan... that would be one thing, but I'm just not feelin' this one. It doesn't even show all the damn characters, although I guess I'll infer that this shows the core of Onstad's lineup. Buy another shirt or perhaps some hot sauce.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: colmore on October 01, 2007, 08:28:30 pm
Bah! I am dissatisfied with my free entertainment today.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: melack on October 01, 2007, 08:29:17 pm
Philippe totally looks different. His ****** line up better now.

Plus he has legs now! Legs!
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: Bimmicus on October 01, 2007, 08:34:39 pm
Maybe the joke is that the characters have barely changed in appearance over the course of six years?

Nah, that's a reach. The joke here is that Onstad apparently enjoyed his weekend a little too much.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: linnea on October 01, 2007, 08:45:38 pm
Plus if you spend $50 at the store, you get a free 6th Anniversary t-shirt.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: smick on October 01, 2007, 09:45:46 pm
I want to get a black sharpie and write "Free the" on Teodor's forehead.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 02, 2007, 02:12:47 am
It turns out that anything worth doing is worth doing poorly. It's true. Look it up.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 02, 2007, 07:54:39 am
This one... wow. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10012007) I know I'm just some pissant from Akron, but, my paw taught me that if something is worth doing it's worth doing right. Does this even count as a comic?


Are you really from Akron?
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: theinevitable on October 02, 2007, 08:04:08 am
oh, no. I'm not. I was born in Redondo Beach, CA, actually.

just, you know, one time Onstad said that his critics were 14 year olds in Akron.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: Golfhaus on October 03, 2007, 05:42:25 pm
I want to get a black sharpie and write "Free the" on Teodor's forehead.

God damn, that's an awesome idea.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 07, 2007, 07:06:32 am
oh, no. I'm not. I was born in Redondo Beach, CA, actually.

just, you know, one time Onstad said that his critics were 14 year olds in Akron.

See, cause although I'm not 14 I was born in Akron.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 07, 2007, 07:52:49 am
See, cause although I'm not 14 I was born in Akron.

Oh, interesting.
Title: Re: I think I'm developing a thing for corpulent women (10/1/07)
Post by: AlohaDawg on October 08, 2007, 05:20:15 am
Oh, interesting.

Am I boring you? Oh, sorry Screw you, Buddy.