The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: robot_god on October 23, 2007, 08:06:55 am

Title: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: robot_god on October 23, 2007, 08:06:55 am
Golf Golf Golf Revolution (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10232007)

I believe that a lit cigarette in an ashtray is hooked up as one of the game's peripherals.
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: Doc on October 23, 2007, 08:27:52 am
So it's a pissed off Teodore Tuesday?
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: nDed on October 23, 2007, 11:03:43 am
I like how the GGGR! golf cart 'peripheral' is just an actual golf cart on a treadmill. At least you can drive it around when the game gets boring.

Philippe is mad at Téodor, shame on him.
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: linnea on October 23, 2007, 11:42:18 am
Yeah, this is a fine example of St. Téodor and the bullshit he must endure. Heh...I know those days, hombre. It's just one of those days.

Also, I just noticed that Beef's teeth look like baleen. Crazy!
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: RMJ12345 on October 23, 2007, 12:18:10 pm
Love this strip and the high hoss it rode in on. Especially panels 3-7.
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 23, 2007, 12:48:10 pm
HILARIOUS.
But for GGGR to match the golfing experiences of my friends and I, there would have to be an endless beer peripheral and a cockteasing cart girl peripheral for my drunk ass friend to hit on. 
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: side_show on October 23, 2007, 12:58:17 pm
I love Philippe's uncontrollable, unreasonable kid crying.  I have seen that first hand.  That is what it looks like.  The urge to toss a cup of something in the face of a child in such a state is actually pretty common in my experience.  One time I worked on an all kid production of Pirates of Penzance and it came to a point where this one kid was such a brat that my only joy was ripping of her glued on pirate mustache.  The tune "I am the Very Model of a Modern Major General" is like a Pavlovian bell to me.  Only instead of making me salivate, it puts me into an agitated rage.
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: CortJstr on October 23, 2007, 01:13:23 pm
What's the thing next to the ashtray? Like the big cylinder.

I believe the last time we saw T harassing Beef about t-shirts it was for owning ones he'd never actually wear. So him having this one on is a step forward in my book.
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: side_show on October 23, 2007, 01:19:30 pm
What's the thing next to the ashtray? Like the big cylinder.

Is it a large can of beer?  That's what I thought it was.   Like a Molson King Can.  Do you have those in the US?
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: iron_felix on October 23, 2007, 01:20:00 pm
I had assumed it was one of those things you pour coffee with, but seeing that all my golfing experience has involved windmills and giant shoes you might not want to take my word for it.

I am digging the return of Hooded Eyelids Téodor.  Is this the first we've seen of him since Ray ate too many Tofutti-Cuties, or have I missed an appearance somewhere?
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 23, 2007, 02:25:29 pm
I believe the last time we saw T harassing Beef about t-shirts it was for owning ones he'd never actually wear. So him having this one on is a step forward in my book.
That's what I logged on to post. I was even going to use the same "step forward" phrase.

Also, Teodor's giant, spiteful eyelids are a strange look for him.
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: CortJstr on October 23, 2007, 02:44:39 pm
That's what I logged on to post. I was even going to use the same "step forward" phrase.

Also, Teodor's giant, spiteful eyelids are a strange look for him.

Can'd for Great Minds.

Maybe the cylinder is the dealie you use to wash your ball. Washing balls is a thing one does in golf, right?

I want to know how Ray doesn't break his TV. The ball doesn't appear to be tethered or anything. Maybe it's Nerf?
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: AugustWest on October 23, 2007, 03:36:47 pm
That cylinder is a beer.  See the opening in the top?

Beer.
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: robot_god on October 23, 2007, 08:08:37 pm
It's the ball cleaner.  Despite not having the handle on top that you pump to scrub balls, it is a ball cleaner.
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: AugustWest on October 23, 2007, 09:00:23 pm
It's the ball cleaner.  Despite not having the handle on top that you pump to scrub balls, it is a ball cleaner.
It's not shaped like a ball cleaner (http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=72495848&epmid=2&partner=Google).
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: iron_felix on October 23, 2007, 10:58:55 pm
It's the ball cleaner.  Despite not having the handle on top that you pump to scrub balls, it is a ball cleaner.
It's not shaped like a ball cleaner (http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=72495848&epmid=2&partner=Google).

Well silly me, I thought for sure you were going to link to this one (http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=57064787&epmid=1&partner=Google) instead.  A different shape, indeed.
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: jaydub on October 23, 2007, 11:26:57 pm
It's not shaped like a ball cleaner (http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=72495848&epmid=2&partner=Google).
Well silly me, I thought for sure you were going to link to this one (http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx?mid=57064787&epmid=1&partner=Google) instead.  A different shape, indeed.

That's a mahogany-knot washer.
Title: Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 23, 2007, 11:47:07 pm
Teodor being pissed off at everyone for being idiots is the perfect comic for a day of jury duty.

Thank God I didn't get picked for a trial... but still.