Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution  (Read 2891 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:06:55 am »

Golf Golf Golf Revolution

I believe that a lit cigarette in an ashtray is hooked up as one of the game's peripherals.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 08:27:52 am »

So it's a pissed off Teodore Tuesday?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 11:03:43 am »

I like how the GGGR! golf cart 'peripheral' is just an actual golf cart on a treadmill. At least you can drive it around when the game gets boring.

Philippe is mad at Téodor, shame on him.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 11:42:18 am »

Yeah, this is a fine example of St. Téodor and the bullshit he must endure. Heh...I know those days, hombre. It's just one of those days.

Also, I just noticed that Beef's teeth look like baleen. Crazy!
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 12:18:10 pm »

Love this strip and the high hoss it rode in on. Especially panels 3-7.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 12:48:10 pm »

HILARIOUS.
But for GGGR to match the golfing experiences of my friends and I, there would have to be an endless beer peripheral and a cockteasing cart girl peripheral for my drunk ass friend to hit on. 
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 12:58:17 pm »

I love Philippe's uncontrollable, unreasonable kid crying.  I have seen that first hand.  That is what it looks like.  The urge to toss a cup of something in the face of a child in such a state is actually pretty common in my experience.  One time I worked on an all kid production of Pirates of Penzance and it came to a point where this one kid was such a brat that my only joy was ripping of her glued on pirate mustache.  The tune "I am the Very Model of a Modern Major General" is like a Pavlovian bell to me.  Only instead of making me salivate, it puts me into an agitated rage.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 01:13:23 pm »

What's the thing next to the ashtray? Like the big cylinder.

I believe the last time we saw T harassing Beef about t-shirts it was for owning ones he'd never actually wear. So him having this one on is a step forward in my book.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 01:19:30 pm »

What's the thing next to the ashtray? Like the big cylinder.

Is it a large can of beer?  That's what I thought it was.   Like a Molson King Can.  Do you have those in the US?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 01:20:00 pm »

I had assumed it was one of those things you pour coffee with, but seeing that all my golfing experience has involved windmills and giant shoes you might not want to take my word for it.

I am digging the return of Hooded Eyelids Téodor.  Is this the first we've seen of him since Ray ate too many Tofutti-Cuties, or have I missed an appearance somewhere?
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 02:25:29 pm »

I believe the last time we saw T harassing Beef about t-shirts it was for owning ones he'd never actually wear. So him having this one on is a step forward in my book.
That's what I logged on to post. I was even going to use the same "step forward" phrase.

Also, Teodor's giant, spiteful eyelids are a strange look for him.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 02:44:39 pm »

That's what I logged on to post. I was even going to use the same "step forward" phrase.

Also, Teodor's giant, spiteful eyelids are a strange look for him.

Can'd for Great Minds.

Maybe the cylinder is the dealie you use to wash your ball. Washing balls is a thing one does in golf, right?

I want to know how Ray doesn't break his TV. The ball doesn't appear to be tethered or anything. Maybe it's Nerf?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 03:36:47 pm »

That cylinder is a beer.  See the opening in the top?

Beer.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 08:08:37 pm »

It's the ball cleaner.  Despite not having the handle on top that you pump to scrub balls, it is a ball cleaner.
Logged
ACHIEVE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 10.23.07 - Golf Golf Golf Revolution
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 09:00:23 pm »

It's the ball cleaner.  Despite not having the handle on top that you pump to scrub balls, it is a ball cleaner.
It's not shaped like a ball cleaner.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up