The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: iron_felix on October 30, 2007, 10:01:13 am

Title: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: iron_felix on October 30, 2007, 10:01:13 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10302007

I think I liked this one better the first time. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09092004)  Facial expressions are still decent, though.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: Bimmicus on October 30, 2007, 10:09:27 am
I, too, have experienced the "hair care product or dessert topping?" conundrum several times in recent years.

Methinks Molly will be washing her hair with bar soap again tonight.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 30, 2007, 11:11:08 am
Either "polenta with fresh confetti" as a shampoo is really funny or I've been up 22 hours straight.

Or both.

A dude is leaning toward "both".
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: dejavroom on October 30, 2007, 11:15:39 am
"Aegean Rain" did it for me. Damn that sounds exclusive...
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: CortJstr on October 30, 2007, 12:55:55 pm
He should just find some of that orgasm shampoo they used to advertise, I'm sure that would be fine. Of course now Beef gets home and it turns out Molly wanted him to stop at a salon for some even crazier brand that supermarkets don't carry.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on October 30, 2007, 05:26:23 pm
I, too, have experienced the "hair care product or dessert topping?" conundrum several times in recent years.

It's a hair care product and a dessert topping!
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: CortJstr on October 30, 2007, 05:42:00 pm
It's a hair care product and a dessert topping!

That's all fine and good, but the real question is, how does it taste on my delicious bass smoothie?
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: V-Adore on October 30, 2007, 07:29:12 pm
I would wash my hair with "Hyacinth & Aegean Rain" shampoo; in fact, it sounds kind of pleasant and refreshing. Further confirmation that I am, in fact, actually female.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: side_show on October 30, 2007, 08:05:02 pm
Oh man, I love checking out the shampoos.  My current favorite is  Dirty Girl  (http://www.fridgedoor.com/digish.html) shampoo.  Who can argue with a product where the logo is incorporated into nipples?

Due to my current scent-free-workplace I bought a bottle of scent free shampoo.  I swear to god it smells faintly of moth balls.  I swear.  So is that why shampoo has a scent?  To cover the slightly mothball like scent?  WTF?
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: jaydub on October 30, 2007, 08:09:32 pm
Oh man, I love checking out the shampoos.  My current favorite is  Dirty Girl  (http://www.fridgedoor.com/digish.html) shampoo.  Who can argue with a product where the logo is incorporated into nipples?

Due to my current scent-free-workplace I bought a bottle of scent free shampoo.  I swear to god it smells faintly of moth balls.  I swear.  So is that why shampoo has a scent?  To cover the slightly mothball like scent?  WTF?

I did the same thing a while back, and to me it smelled like "dog shampoo".  It made me less disdainful of the list of herbal extracts you tend to see on the stuff you get off the shelf at Target.  It didn't seem all that faint to me though.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: melack on October 30, 2007, 10:10:40 pm
I think Stolen Moment With a Brookingham Squire is a pretty good name for a shampoo, but to be honest I would settle for something as plain as Grease Buster or Dandruff Keeper Awayer.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: lprkn on October 30, 2007, 10:28:11 pm
I expect that I will be looking for "Hair Preservative" in a couple of years.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: wombat on October 30, 2007, 10:40:46 pm
I did the same thing a while back, and to me it smelled like "dog shampoo".

Actually my dog shampoo smells terrific. I get tasty coconut smelling pugs when I use it on them.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: jaydub on October 31, 2007, 12:50:11 am
Actually my dog shampoo smells terrific. I get tasty coconut smelling pugs when I use it on them.
You must use Perfect Coat as well, then.  When we wash Petunia I joke to my wife that its a coconut marinade prelude to popping her in the Nesco.

The unscented dog shampoo was for our old mixed-breed 80-pounder who had dermatitis.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: linnea on October 31, 2007, 12:56:58 am
Actually my dog shampoo smells terrific. I get tasty coconut smelling pugs when I use it on them.

Man, that sounds great! I wish I had some coconut scented pugs. That sounds like the best kind. CAN'D.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: melack on October 31, 2007, 01:35:35 am
The only dog shampoo my dog can stand is the sweet salinity of the pacific ocean. She absolutely hates being bathed, but loves the ocean. Go figure.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: oball on October 31, 2007, 02:57:24 am
I use store brand shampoo, because it's like 5 bucks for enough to last me nearly a year.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: Popegeorgeringo on October 31, 2007, 08:16:21 pm
Oball:

Using store brand shampoo from a $5 multiquart package marks you as a true Roast Beef guy.

The Pope
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: littlefallsmets on October 31, 2007, 08:34:40 pm
Whichever 99 cent VO5 is for sale or... if I'm feeling splurgey... Prell.

Prell is good for degreasing my Italian hair.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: linnea on November 01, 2007, 03:09:23 am
Whichever 99 cent VO5 is for sale or... if I'm feeling splurgey... Prell.

Prell is good for degreasing my Italian hair.

Man, I totally got the shaft when it comes to hydrated hair. My hair is hell of dry. I am Sicilian, but thanks to a Thyroid problem I have to put oil and pomade and styling cream and stuff into my dry-ass hair in a vain attempt to avoid becoming Summer (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08162007).
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: theinevitable on November 01, 2007, 03:18:43 am
my hair is really really greasy. It isn't as bad now that I keep it short, though.
Now my problem is that the combination of cowlick and short hair = an irregular patch on the back of my head that stands straight up no matter what I do.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: AugustWest on November 01, 2007, 03:55:54 am
I have hell of oily hair too.  Also I am cheap/broke. 

I've found that Suave's Daily Clarifying Shampoo works wonders.  I've contemplated trying it on the stains in the driveway...
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: oball on November 01, 2007, 11:33:58 am
Using store brand shampoo from a $5 multiquart package marks you as a true Roast Beef guy.

When I last ran out of shampoo I washed my hair using soap for three months because I couldn't be bothered buying new shampoo.  This is made worse when you realise that I live across the road from the supermarket.
Title: Re: October 30, 2007 - Stolen Moment with a Brookingham Squire
Post by: theinevitable on November 01, 2007, 04:16:43 pm
out of my three roommates, I am the only one who doesn't use that stuff that is like... bodywash/shampoo combination. One of them uses shampoo, and one uses face wash stuff. So, compared to them, I guess I'm a major girl.
Also, my soap is apparently girl soap. I guess it evens things out that... I don't shower every day this year, because I like sleeping more than I like showering.