The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: the gooseman on November 26, 2007, 02:10:46 am

Title: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: the gooseman on November 26, 2007, 02:10:46 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11262007

Pretty great strip.

lols all the way through, then a punchline from beef, that isn't obviously a punchline. Genius
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on November 26, 2007, 02:45:06 am
I thought you were supposed to fart on the 3rd date. Isn't that how you tell if the relationship is going somewhere?
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: wombat on November 26, 2007, 03:04:10 am
I am sorry, but "DING next slide please" is the correct thread title.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 26, 2007, 03:10:48 am
The talking cat's ex-girlfriend had a problem with gas.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: linnea on November 26, 2007, 03:14:44 am
I think that my crap dude ex-fiance farted in front of everyone, including me during our courtship. I guess he had a problem with gas and didn't like to feel as though he had to hold it in for politeness' sake.

Tina must have had a problem (such as the evil sister in Like Water For Chocolate who was forever farting, which they found out later was due to some serious, fatal intestinal problem), but Ray's little pretend tricks made her feel like she was still a Lady even when she did a :(.

This is a weird insight into Tina's Crap Dame nature.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: theinevitable on November 26, 2007, 05:32:03 am
damn, I didn't like this one. so sad.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: lprkn on November 26, 2007, 05:57:07 am
I thought that this one was funny, but the alt-text is what did it for me.

Quote
Baby, tell little ol' Ray why we goin' to Olive Garden! It my birthday?
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: AugustWest on November 26, 2007, 06:09:14 am
I thought that this one was funny, but the alt-text is what did it for me.


Clearly this was in a simpler time for Ray.  Remember the days when it was OK to be excited about a dinner at Olive Garden?  Before the albums, the money, the fame, the ass-kickings?  Those were simpler times for Ray.  Good times.  Happy times.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: robot_god on November 26, 2007, 07:42:16 am
Clearly this was in a simpler time for Ray.  Remember the days when it was OK to be excited about a dinner at Olive Garden?  Before the albums, the money, the fame, the ass-kickings?  Those were simpler times for Ray.  Good times.  Happy times.

god DAMNIT, don't do that.  Don't you make Ray develop depression.

Why you gotta do that?
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: dejavroom on November 26, 2007, 11:15:37 am
I think there's actually an age threshold for that kind of shared intimacy. I think it's ok to start letting it rip in front of each other when you've both reached 50. True love waits, and all that.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Doc on November 26, 2007, 11:40:02 am
Don't fret RG, Ray ain't never gonna change. He still thinks it's rad when someone treats him to dinner at a change of restaurants he could buy on account of thinking he'd look real good in the colour shirt the staff their wear.

I think there's actually an age threshold for that kind of shared intimacy. I think it's ok to start letting it rip in front of each other when you've both reached 50. True love waits, and all that.

Actually statistics show that the SO wind-passing is actually more prevalent among teens that vow to wait than the general population.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: AugustWest on November 26, 2007, 04:09:36 pm
I guess me and Mrs. West are pretty crass, cause we've been passing gas in front of each other since about the second week of our relationship. 
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Drakien on November 26, 2007, 06:33:53 pm
Quote from: Ray
Olive Garden

Hi!

What is this "Olive Garden" of which you speak?  No olives please, I'm British.

(I visited their website, it looks like Italian food, only more shiny)

J
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jay-ell on November 26, 2007, 07:19:42 pm
I guess me and Mrs. West are pretty crass, cause we've been passing gas in front of each other since about the second week of our relationship. 

Ditto. 

I told Pedro the other day that I can tell we're losing the romantic spark because he doesn't make those sweet little gestures he used to, like rolling down the window *before* he cuts one in the car. 
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 26, 2007, 07:24:57 pm
It is so easy to fart in this city. That part is no lie. In fact Im pretty sure that most of the people around me are constantly farting.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: wombat on November 26, 2007, 07:35:35 pm

(I visited their website, it looks like Italian food, only more shiny)



Italian food only less... Italian, really.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Ben-San on November 26, 2007, 07:45:56 pm
It's a chain restaurant of mass-produced Italian and Italianesque food. It occupies an ecological niche that's above outright fast-food joints like McDonald's but below a "real" restaurant.

Bensington Butters is not the only player with tastes below his station. Ray does not even realize he has his own kind of Hunt's.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on November 26, 2007, 08:30:48 pm
It's a chain restaurant of mass-produced Italian and Italianesque food. It occupies an ecological niche that's above outright fast-food joints like McDonald's but below a "real" restaurant.

Bensington Butters is not the only player with tastes below his station. Ray does not even realize he has his own kind of Hunt's.

He thought it was his birthday, asshole (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01092004)!
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 26, 2007, 08:59:04 pm
Outback Steakhouse is to prepared meats as Olive Garden is to spaghetti dishes as Red Lobster is to seafood.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on November 26, 2007, 09:10:05 pm
Outback Steakhouse is to prepared meats as Olive Garden is to spaghetti dishes as Red Lobster is to seafood.

If you badmouth Alice Springs Chicken I'll cut you. It's a chicken breast with some kind of mild spice rub covered in mushrooms, bacon, and two kinds of cheese. It's full of congealy goodness.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: lprkn on November 26, 2007, 09:47:03 pm
It's a chain restaurant of mass-produced Italian and Italianesque food. It occupies an ecological niche that's above outright fast-food joints like McDonald's but below a "real" restaurant.

Bensington Butters is not the only player with tastes below his station. Ray does not even realize he has his own kind of Hunt's.

But you forget, "When you're here, you're family!"
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Golfhaus on November 26, 2007, 10:27:06 pm
I like Olive Garden. Is it "real" Italian? Probably not. Britney Spears isn't real music either, but I like some of her songs.

And I don't :( in front of my wife if I can avoid it. Apparently I do it in my sleep sometimes, though. She knows it's bad when I cut one, smile in my sleep, and then there's a rustling as the dogs crawl out from other the covers.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Doc on November 27, 2007, 12:02:19 am
If you badmouth Alice Springs Chicken I'll cut you. It's a chicken breast with some kind of mild spice rub covered in mushrooms, bacon, and two kinds of cheese. It's full of congealy goodness.

Alice Springs chicken?
Really?
That's pretty random.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on November 27, 2007, 12:25:14 am
Alice Springs chicken?
Really?
That's pretty random.

A lot of the things on the menu have random place names in front of them. The menu also used to have translations for things like "joey" and "tucker" on the back.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jaydub on November 27, 2007, 01:08:20 am
Tina is well acquainted (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04242003) with the charms of the Olive Garden.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: linnea on November 27, 2007, 02:25:52 am
Hi!

What is this "Olive Garden" of which you speak?  No olives please, I'm British.

(I visited their website, it looks like Italian food, only more shiny)

J

In my humble opinion, I think that you should be glad that you don't know what Olive Garden is. It is shitty, low-tier faux-Italian food for suburbanite families with ten gazillion poorly behaved children that they don't even lift a finger to discipline whilst other restaurant patrons are showered with marinara and overcooked pasta flung by the Little Darlings.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: side_show on November 27, 2007, 04:06:16 am
I for one love the Olive Garden.  I don't consider it authentic Italian.  I mean, I've had quality Italian, and Olive Garden is not that.  But I love it.  There's a nice level of consistency.  It's the only chain restaurant the SO and I ever eat at actually.  Not that often, maybe four or five times a year.  I was thinking the last time we were there that I don't think that I've ever been to the Olive Garden without "That's Amore" playing over the sound system.  Infact, once, when we spent more time than usual there, they played it twice, and I briefly pittied the poor staff, but then I didn't care because there was a huge pile of carbs.  When you go there you know exactly what you're getting - it's incredibly safe.  Your pallet won't be challenged.  You can order a stupid drink with an Italian name, that would never be found in Italy and is made mostly ice cream and booze.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 27, 2007, 04:13:48 am
Actually, yeah, I find Olive Garden to be pleasant enough fare as well, if your dining choices are limited to the kinds of places where they give you a big ugly vibrating beeper and then you wander around in the Borders next door for twenty minutes until it vibrates.

It is... just in no way remotely Italian.

Too many blue-eyes and blondes in their commericals, fer God's friggin.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 27, 2007, 04:21:09 am
I too am coming out pro-olive garden. Cmon Linnea, that was some harsh words. They dont pretend to be a gourmet italian ristorante. They are honest about their endless pasta bowls and traditional family favorites. In a world where LFM and I meet in meatspace and avoid politics, wed dine at the olive garden.

Also, does anyone else here live near a Cheesecake Factory? Damn they are good at what they do. And the cocktails aint nothing to shake at either.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 27, 2007, 04:27:48 am
In terms of desserts and drinks, I quite enjoy The Factory. In terms of other things, eh. S'okay.

But if you've got "Cheesecake" in your name, you're admitting that dessert's your strength, I guess.

I imagined you raising a shield, such as in the 300, and screaming at the sky:

"Tonight, we dine in OLIVE GARDEN!"

And I was totally agreeing with you.

On non-political matters, there are probably many things we agree upon.

I'm a huge fan of titties, for one. For two, also. Two's even better, really.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: AugustWest on November 27, 2007, 04:34:42 am
For what it is, I'm OK with Olive Garden.  I also like Chili's.

But Applebee's sucks.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: KeithHernandez on November 27, 2007, 05:19:08 am
For what it is, I'm OK with Olive Garden.  I also like Chili's.

But Applebee's sucks.

I don't really like any of them, but Red Lobster and Applebee's are low.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Lister on November 27, 2007, 07:07:13 am
Olive Garden is acceptable UNLESS you know of an actual honest-to-god family-owned place that has the same prices.  In Orlando, I olive gardened.  Here, I go to Filippi's, because it has red and white checked tablecloths and chianti bottles hanging from the ceiling and eleven dollar meals that come on plates the size of hubcaps.

I guess what I'm saying is that Olive Garden is Italian, but only like Taco Bell is Mexican.

Aussie Cheese Fries are so wrong, they're right.  Nothing Aussie about them really, but very much fries and cheese.  Also bacon.

Ruby Tuesday is trying to be more upscale, but since that basically seems to consist of cutting everything good off of their menu and using square plates, I have my doubts.

Being able to get over the pretense of hiding or pretending to ignore farts is a significant step in a relationship, I think.  Say "excuse me" and get an acknowledgement, and get on with the rest of your lives.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 27, 2007, 07:08:57 am
I don't really like any of them, but Red Lobster and Applebee's are low.
Can we at least come out in opposition to red lobster? That place is the dumps.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: theinevitable on November 27, 2007, 07:12:55 am
there are so many good, cheap Italian places in St Louis.

A plate of enough pasta to feed you for two meals? That'll be 9$, please.

so good. Yogi Berra is from that area.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 27, 2007, 07:19:21 am
I can't speak to Red Lobster, actually, because I find 99.99999% of all seafood completely disgusting, no matter how fresh or well prepared.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: theinevitable on November 27, 2007, 07:22:28 am
oh man. I can only take so much.

Seafood. Seafood is...

giraffe. and shrimp. and giraffe. sushi. fried giraffe, clams. clam chowder. salmon. lobster, egh. crab. tuna salad.

seafood is Food, man. it is what is good. seafood is the thing I like to eat.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: chuanoplast on November 27, 2007, 08:09:28 am
Inev, someday you will have to come to California and get treated to the best shrimp and giraffe in the universe.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Doc on November 27, 2007, 11:41:14 am
Aussie Cheese Fries are so wrong, they're right.  Nothing Aussie about them really, but very much fries and cheese.  Also bacon.

Weirdly the only place around here I can think of getting something similar is "Lonestar's" an american cowboy themed steakhouse.
Apparently people everywhere don't want to take responsibility for cheesey fries?

Inev I was like you once. This is what I recommend to solve the problem:
First you go to New Zealand.
Then you eat giraffe that your uncle caught on his boat that day, barbecued with no more preparation than a little salt and lemon juice on each side.
Ideally you also want to compliment this with pipees (like muscles) that you caught that day by going down the the beach, wiggling your toes in the sand as a wave came in until you felt their shells then grabbing down and putting them in a bucket with a little salt water so they'd be fresh.
Like anything else good seafood takes a little effort but it's an experience as much as a meal. Possibly even more so since it's relatively a lot easier to catch your own giraffe than, say, raise and slaughter your own veal.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on November 27, 2007, 01:59:31 pm
A popular rumor in the 90's was the the guy who owned Lonestar used to be part owner of Outback, but had a falling out with his partner(s) and thus decided to start up his own chain. This was the water-cooler explanation for why they always seemed to open a Lonestar right down the street from an Outback.

There's a Cheesecake Factor right by my apartment but I've never been. There's always a line outside even when the mom-n-pop italian place around the corner is empty. The SO went once and said the portions were huge and bland. Neither of us likes cheesecake so it doesn't really seem worth going.

It still kind of pisses me off that at Tyson's II mall they replaced the food court with a Cheesecake Factory. How am I supposed to get my giant pizza slice on with no food court? Granted, nobody goes to Tyson's II, but still.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: side_show on November 27, 2007, 02:11:49 pm
Oh man, yeah, Red Lobster can go to hell.  Over priced dried up giraffe with annoying service.  Being on the prairie, there aren't a lot of seafood places, (tons of Sushi places due to descent Japanese population, just not many cooked giraffe places) so I do find myself there every so often, but not that often.  It's usually the SO's idea, and It's normally a miserable experience.  We went once, and when the SO went to wash his hands, the server actually squeezed into the booth (same side as I was on, one of those booths designed for one person per side - no escape) and started chatting in a put-on way, like we were supposedly "meal buddies."  I hate that kind of service, where the server treats you like you're their pal.  She also majorly screwed up our order, we politely pointed it out (no anger, we just wanted to eat the food we asked for) and then the manager came by three separate times to apologize and the server was all meal-buddy-checking-in five times. "How we doin'?  How we doin'?  Are we okay?" Total overkill. 

Also Applebees - who the hell eats at Applebees?  Bleh. 
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 27, 2007, 02:53:38 pm
Yeah, Red Lobster is teh suk.  Overcooked seafood drowned in melted butter.  Boo to that.

I don't get Cheesecake Factory.  It's OK, but I fail to understand why some people love it.  Their menu is too damn big; you can't possibly do all that stuff well.

I have eaten at Applebee's a few times in the past year, because there's one really close to our house, and they have 99-cent kids' meals on Tuesdays.  It's been wildly inconsistent though--a couple good meals, a lot of mediocre ones.

Winner among national chain restaurants, if you ask me:  California Pizza Kitchen.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on November 27, 2007, 03:30:12 pm
Yeah, Red Lobster is teh suk.  Overcooked seafood drowned in melted butter.  Boo to that.

I don't get Cheesecake Factory.  It's OK, but I fail to understand why some people love it.  Their menu is too damn big; you can't possibly do all that stuff well.

I have eaten at Applebee's a few times in the past year, because there's one really close to our house, and they have 99-cent kids' meals on Tuesdays.  It's been wildly inconsistent though--a couple good meals, a lot of mediocre ones.

Winner among national chain restaurants, if you ask me:  California Pizza Kitchen.

At first I thought that said California Tortilla or Burrito or whatever that place is called. And I was going to weep for your tastebuds. Their "guy who picks up the office lunch order eats free" promotion is a neat idea, but it doesn't make up for the epic badness of the food.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on November 27, 2007, 03:34:27 pm
A popular rumor in the 90's was the the guy who owned Lonestar used to be part owner of Outback, but had a falling out with his partner(s) and thus decided to start up his own chain. This was the water-cooler explanation for why they always seemed to open a Lonestar right down the street from an Outback.

There's a Cheesecake Factor right by my apartment but I've never been. There's always a line outside even when the mom-n-pop italian place around the corner is empty. The SO went once and said the portions were huge and bland. Neither of us likes cheesecake so it doesn't really seem worth going.

It still kind of pisses me off that at Tyson's II mall they replaced the food court with a Cheesecake Factory. How am I supposed to get my giant pizza slice on with no food court? Granted, nobody goes to Tyson's II, but still.
Cort, dude, the line isnt there because the food sucks. give the place a spin. I went three time before I tried the cheesecake. My personal treat is the thai lettuce wraps, my mom buys them when im having a mopefest.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 27, 2007, 04:00:25 pm
At first I thought that said California Tortilla or Burrito or whatever that place is called. And I was going to weep for your tastebuds. Their "guy who picks up the office lunch order eats free" promotion is a neat idea, but it doesn't make up for the epic badness of the food.

Amen to that.  I've tried it a couple times because they seem to have good promotions.  It's better than no burrito at all, but only just.  They put lettuce on everything!  Lettuce has no place on a burrito!  Chingasos!
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Ben-San on November 27, 2007, 10:52:06 pm
I will say that I have had positive Olive Garden experiences and positive Chili's experiences. However, Olive Garden as birthday reward is not something in the Player's dimension.

It may perhaps have been more accurate to say that Tina was Ray's Hunt's.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Golfhaus on November 27, 2007, 11:29:41 pm
At the moment, high on our list of favorite chain places is P. F. Chang's. Is it real Chinese? Eh. But it's tasty. And the last time we went, my wife had an insane amount of "specials" inserts in her menu. When the server noticed it, she let out a pretty emotional "Jesus Christ!" that was completely unexpected given the setting and is still making me laugh two months later.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: side_show on November 27, 2007, 11:42:41 pm
my wife had an insane amount of "specials" inserts in her

I am not mature enough to let this go.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on November 27, 2007, 11:46:49 pm
Let alone how the special inserts made her scream out her passions despite herself.

That is pretty rad.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jaydub on November 28, 2007, 12:36:32 am
Are we talkin' all dragging a 240V 3-phase power cord inserts?
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on November 28, 2007, 12:39:20 am
At the moment, high on our list of favorite chain places is P. F. Chang's. Is it real Chinese? Eh. But it's tasty. And the last time we went, my wife had an insane amount of "specials" inserts in her menu. When the server noticed it, she let out a pretty emotional "Jesus Christ!" that was completely unexpected given the setting and is still making me laugh two months later.

I can eat at PF Chang's but I can't help but try to mess with their little plate obsession. If you haven't noticed they always set the plates down so that the name of the restaurant is right-side-up for the diner. Once I noticed I just had to start messing with it. I know the waiters don't actually care but I need to turn the plate.

There's also a really great independent chinese place around here called Cheng's, which has been around for at least 25 years, but every time I recommend it to somebody they assume I'm just saying PF Chang's wrong and tell me they already know about it. Anyway, for anybody around here willing to trek to Sterling: Cheng's and Pacific. Good stuff.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Doc on November 28, 2007, 02:04:47 am
Do you guys have a chain called Jackpot noodle over there? Just kind of generic asian food (or I guess, generic asian food as interpreted for a western audience) but they are hell of tasty and one of my favourites for when I need an easy chinese food fix.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jaydub on November 28, 2007, 05:18:43 am
Sounds like Panda Express.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: chuanoplast on November 28, 2007, 10:02:51 am
Whenever I want Chinese food, I just open the fridge and grab some leftovers. Beat that!

(Okay, this really only happens when I'm at home, not school.)
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on November 28, 2007, 01:51:46 pm
Whenever I want Chinese food, I just open the fridge and grab some leftovers. Beat that!

(Okay, this really only happens when I'm at home, not school.)

Wait, aren't you actually Chinese? So wouldn't that make any food you eat by definition Chinese food?


(Damn you Ryan North! (http://www.qwantz.com/archive/000324.html))
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jay-ell on December 04, 2007, 05:54:58 pm
So, I'm late to the party here, but I'm going to come out in favor of the O.G. while agreeing that it is not where a Player of Smuckles stature ought to be taken for his birthday. 

Also, I like Friendly's. 
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: theinevitable on December 04, 2007, 07:28:53 pm
Quote
Friendly's.

My dad worked there when he was 18 or so. The way he talks about it, you'd think that it was the pinnacle of his career. Also, that this makes him the Only Man Allowed to Scoop Icecream.
I guess a similar thing will happen when I am his age, if my kids want to make a burrito. step aside, son, I used to work at Moe's.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 04, 2007, 08:17:12 pm
Oh man, will I not allow my children to run mail or fetch lunch or answer the phone?

Oh man, I better not have kids, then. Too depressing.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jay-ell on December 04, 2007, 10:07:41 pm
I worked at Macaroni Grill, so I guess...I get to...um...pronounce words in a way that sort of sounds like authentic Italian but really isn't? 

I also worked at Chick-Fil-A, and I am definitely the one who fil-a's the chicks around here. 
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 04, 2007, 10:13:34 pm
Like MUAHT-ZA-RELL and SPAH-GET?

Lord, I hate that Giada chick more with every passing day.

Her head is half of her body weight and she mangles two languages in a way that no one should be able to mangle one.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on December 04, 2007, 10:58:14 pm
Her perfectly rectangular smile is what bugs me. Her recipes seem OK, though.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jaydub on December 04, 2007, 11:18:51 pm


I also worked at Chick-Fil-A, and I am definitely the one who fil-a's the chicks around here. 
After reading your post on another thread, this line is bringing all kinds of naughty images to mind.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jaydub on December 04, 2007, 11:27:36 pm
Her perfectly rectangular smile is what bugs me. Her recipes seem OK, though.

This one?
(http://www.glitteratigossip.com/glitterati/images/2007/06/28/giada.jpg)

If its her teeth you're noticing, it may be time to turn in your breast-man card.

Actually, she looks like she's been caught in a leap to disembowel a gimpy assistant producer.  How's that for an Iron Chef ingredient?
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 04, 2007, 11:45:39 pm
I am a Giada fan along with a number of my male friends. Image: Sunday morning hangover, 5 college guys eating cold pizza watching Giada.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Golfhaus on December 05, 2007, 12:04:50 am
My wife hates Giada. I'm ambivalent... or at least as ambivalent as I can be about a hot chick.

She's hotter than Rachael Ray but given the choice, I think I'd have more fun with Rachael.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: wombat on December 05, 2007, 12:19:55 am
Like MUAHT-ZA-RELL and SPAH-GET?

You got a problem with this? Because I have some large Italian relatives who would be pleased to knock you around till you admitted that this was an excellent way for them to speak their dialect.

Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 05, 2007, 12:23:12 am
Giada's breasts only seem impressive because other than her breasts and her head, she is, like, three pounds soaking wet.

I can't get behind a lady-chef who looks like she purges everything she makes once the camera is off and I can't behind a lady who looks like she would die if I got on top of her.

These are important rules.

Rachel Ray has just that... touch of pleasing thickness that suggests her surviving a zesty mating.

Plus the stuff she'd scream out would be REALLY cute.

RE to womb@: I dunno, my Italian relatives are gigantic and would smack them around for exaggerating their accents just to be braggy about it. "QUIT! PERPETUATING! STEREOTYPES JUST! TO GET ATTENTION!" That is actually the kind of thing my people would scream while beating someone.

I am from a family of weirdoes.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Doc on December 05, 2007, 12:34:22 am
My first fast food job was at a Maccas.
The only thing this has left me with is that I can wrap sandwiches with butchers paper like a madman and if need be clean large pieces of cooking equipment.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on December 05, 2007, 12:37:23 am
I noticed Giada's creepy smile when they were constantly running ads for her new show that had her driving directly towards the camera with various lame backdrops. All you could see was her freakish mouth and an ugly head-scarf.

Rachel Ray is just completely unacceptable. Even if you put a ball gag in to eliminate her Dr. Girlfriend voice I still couldn't hit that. Somewhere in the back of my mind I would still know that at some point in the past she had said "yummers" in a non-mocking way and all desire would flee my body.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 05, 2007, 01:00:13 am
I guess you have to be from where I'm from to be into a lady like Rachel.

She is... your best friend's older slightly-ditzy-but-well-meaning cheerleader sister, back where I'm from, your best friend's older sister that you always REALLY REALLY wanted to nail.

And, other than the voice, Dr. Girlfriend's hot. C'mon now.

She's Jackie O if Jackie O were actually as hot as we want to remember her as.

Jackie O was only hot because she was the first First Lady that didn't look like Thurston Howell's grandmother. Outside of that context, she was merely a pleasant-looking lady.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jay-ell on December 05, 2007, 03:05:14 am
Man, I have got to start watching television again. 
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: wombat on December 05, 2007, 03:08:40 am
RE to womb@: I dunno, my Italian relatives are gigantic and would smack them around for exaggerating their accents just to be braggy about it. "QUIT! PERPETUATING! STEREOTYPES JUST! TO GET ATTENTION!" That is actually the kind of thing my people would scream while beating someone.

But that dialect isn't the stereotype. The stereotype is the one that adds vowels to the end of everything, not the one that drops them.

I'd hate to turn this into yet another one of those conversations about prescriptive and descriptive linguistics but anything is better than more pictures of that woman, so I'll tell the story about how my father failed Italian in college, even though he spoke it natively. His professor flunked him because he didn't speak the standard dialect.


Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: theinevitable on December 05, 2007, 03:15:04 am
Man, Italian dialects are rad. they all sound very different to my ear, and yet... still so Italian.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: AugustWest on December 05, 2007, 03:33:05 am
I guess you have to be from where I'm from to be into a lady like Rachel.

She is... your best friend's older slightly-ditzy-but-well-meaning cheerleader sister, back where I'm from, your best friend's older sister that you always REALLY REALLY wanted to nail.

And, other than the voice, Dr. Girlfriend's hot. C'mon now.

She's Jackie O if Jackie O were actually as hot as we want to remember her as.

Jackie O was only hot because she was the first First Lady that didn't look like Thurston Howell's grandmother. Outside of that context, she was merely a pleasant-looking lady.

Rachael Ray is Martha Stewart Jr. 

I'd still do her.

Better still -- Giada and Rachael make an AW Sammich.  Now THAT'S Good Eats.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: lprkn on December 05, 2007, 03:33:56 am
yummers
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on December 05, 2007, 03:48:11 am
yummers

Now I can never have maximum cuddles with you, lprkn. WTG.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: AugustWest on December 05, 2007, 04:00:24 am
Now I can never have maximum cuddles with you, lprkn. WTG.

yummers.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on December 05, 2007, 04:05:54 am
yummers.

No love for the Jester to-night. Oh, no.</Tom Hanks loser voice>
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 05, 2007, 04:07:00 am
Well, okay, I will buy that.

My family's Italian is northern Italian, Tuscan, from a small Alpine village north of Pisa and... I guess that there is great dislike of each other within Italy, from region to region back in the day and... that could explain why my family's reaction to those interpreations of Italian words would be laughter or derision.

To put it very very politely, my great-grandmother... who died before I was born... once told my father that she'd rather see him bring home a black woman than to bring home a woman of southern Italian extraction.

She used much more colourful words, of course.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: AugustWest on December 05, 2007, 04:07:23 am
No love for the Jester to-night. Oh, no.</Tom Hanks loser voice>

Maximum love, no maximum cuddles.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 05, 2007, 04:10:10 am
No maximum glove, no maximum love.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jaydub on December 05, 2007, 05:08:32 am

She used much more colourful words, of course.
What's the colorful word for a woman of southern Italian extraction?
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: theinevitable on December 05, 2007, 05:23:34 am
I'm sure there is one.


There is a really great story about my grandma where... apparently the only Hispanic people she had met were Puerto Rican. So, when she heard my mom was from Chile, she was really worried that she would be black. My dad was proud of her that she didn't mention it at the time, and just said "oh, well, I'd love to meet her." After my grandmother died my great-aunt told my dad about how my grandmother called her, freaked out that she would somehow offend my dad/his new black girlfriend.
She was very relieved when my mom was not black, is what I am saying.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Ben-San on December 05, 2007, 07:30:35 am
The stance that woman in the picture is in makes me think of the Chain Chomps from Super Mario.

Head all shooting forward on an elongated neck while giant jaws snap shut to kill Mario.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jay-ell on December 05, 2007, 03:49:08 pm
There is a really great story about my grandma where... apparently the only Hispanic people she had met were Puerto Rican. So, when she heard my mom was from Chile, she was really worried that she would be black. My dad was proud of her that she didn't mention it at the time, and just said "oh, well, I'd love to meet her." After my grandmother died my great-aunt told my dad about how my grandmother called her, freaked out that she would somehow offend my dad/his new black girlfriend.
She was very relieved when my mom was not black, is what I am saying.

My brother-in-law's fiance is black, and her family lives in Georgia (though we later learned that they originated in Ohio).  We were just relieved that she was OK with the rest of us being so very, very white.  She actually fits in with Pedro's family better than I do, on account of not being such a geek all the time. 

My son, at two, has a noticeable preference for black women.  He developed an instant crush on my brother-in-law's fiance, and generally gravitates towards little black girls on the playground.  I don't think he's had any more exposure to black people than any other white kid his age, and apparently a fair number of two-to-four year olds get a little freaked out by people who are even subtly different from what they're used to.  My friend's daughter, for instance, is afraid of bearded men because the only such specimen she's ever spent time with is Pedro, and she's even a little afraid of him.  So I don't know where Little P got this inherent attraction to women of color, and as much as it's a relief that he's not freaked out by such superficial differences, it does get a little embarrassing when he consistently singles out black women for hugs and kisses.  I sort of want to explain, "He loves women of color, he doesn't mean to objectify your race, he just thinks you're very pretty." 
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: lprkn on December 05, 2007, 04:56:50 pm
It's cool that he knows what he likes. Some people go their whole lives not knowing.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: theinevitable on December 05, 2007, 05:30:17 pm
a friend of mine who apparently misses my beard and wants me to grow it back constantly tells this story about how when she was little, she was terrified of men who didn't have beards, because her dad and all of her male relatives had them.
On the other hand, I have grown up around clean-shaven men, and so having a full beard just makes me feel really unkempt.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: CortJstr on December 05, 2007, 07:17:19 pm
It's cool that he knows what he likes. Some people go their whole lives not knowing.

And some people know exactly what they like and end up having to turn to extremely specialized websites because of it.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: lprkn on December 05, 2007, 10:08:05 pm
Yes, but do people already have these desires, or does the very existence of these extremely specialized websites end up turning more people on to their particular brand of...titillation.

Seems like it would be in the best interests of the industry to constantly come up with new craziness, just to make a couple of extra bucks. Sort of like the Cold War in a way, except it's porn, and brinksmanship has entirely different meaning, as in, "Define the brink, that I may leap from its edge and laugh all the way to the bottom, where giant piles of money will cushion my fall, and that I may literally swim in my bounty, a real-life Scrooge McDuck."
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 05, 2007, 11:11:07 pm
I think it's more that...

The part of our brains that deal with our sexualities and the part that deals with obsession are very closely linked.

If a dude has a thing for... oh... Scrooge McDuck to use the earlier example, it is one thing.

His mind will only go as far as the limits of what he already has to go on.

But when someone thinks they can make some money drawing pictures of cartoon characters fuck*ng and is good at it... and our test subject finds the picture of Uncle Scrooge fuck*ng Harry Potter in the butt... that's where the guy's more vague sexual twist gets put into overdrive and becomes a much more specific obsession.

Into a full-on manifestation, as it were.

And so there's kind of no chicken, there's kind of no egg... rather a seed that each person carries within themselves and... outside forces that may or may not help you refine and grow that seed or not.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 05, 2007, 11:30:47 pm
... and our test subject finds the picture of Uncle Scrooge fuck*ng Harry Potter in the butt...

NOO


As a white guy, I usually prefer black women, but also black friends.  My roommate and one of a couple close friends are black.  I always feel like a racist saying it, but, it seems to me, black people are usually more laid back and less superficial, which is what I like.  Even though it is obviously just the people that I meet and, even if it's positive, it ain't right to stereotype.  That is why I kind of feel like a racist.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: theinevitable on December 06, 2007, 12:00:55 am
today, after having too much caffeine (which I am not used to, normally I drink a soda or so, but not a big ol' coffee when I don't have any food in my stomach) and i managed to stop shaking long enough during Anthro to say something to the effect of
Quote

As a white guy, I usually prefer black women
which... I am so horrified about. It was completely random, and the guy I said it to looked so completely put off, and I am not really sure where it came from. that is not a sentiment I have ever felt or expressed before. Also, he stopped looking confused after a few seconds, and said something about "wait, is (the girl I like) black?" and then I realized what I was saying and started trying to justify, and then I just kind of said bye and walked away.

so, coffee is something I am going to avoid. the evidence seems to say-- when Daniel is drunk, he will say nice things to girls about how pretty they are.
when he drinks too much coffee, he will say really unfortunate things that make no sense, and are offensive.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 06, 2007, 12:15:02 am
Coffee is a wond'rous serum of truth. You need MORE not less. Harness the power.

I tend to be most attracted to women with southern European or Native American features, though generic-white and African-American lady-types are right up there. For some reason, the Fedexes of Los Angeles are teeming with gorgeous black women as their employees. This is just something I've noticed.

All sexy ladies are sexy, of course, but those are kind of my leanings.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 06, 2007, 12:26:53 am
I tend to be most attracted to women with southern European or Native American features, though generic-white and African-American lady-types are right up there. For some reason, the Fedexes of Los Angeles are teeming with gorgeous black women as their employees. This is just something I've noticed.

All sexy ladies are sexy, of course, but those are kind of my leanings.

Jesus, I forgot I like all women.  Sorry.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: theinevitable on December 06, 2007, 12:32:18 am
Quote
Coffee is a wond'rous serum of truth. You need MORE not less. Harness the power.

This explains so much.
If I had had access to a computer, I probably would have pounded out a really long post about the reasoning behind my comment. With lots of ellipses and such. Then, you know, A-CAP would get mad at me, and it would all devolve from there.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 06, 2007, 12:46:38 am
This explains so much.
If I had had access to a computer, I probably would have pounded out a really long post about the reasoning behind my comment. With lots of ellipses and such. Then, you know, A-CAP would get mad at me, and it would all devolve from there.

Wait, what?
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 06, 2007, 12:49:27 am
Wait, what?

I think since the thread is getting ready to be locked (???) people are unconsciously taking shots at you.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: theinevitable on December 06, 2007, 12:52:28 am
oh, no, I was saying that when I drink too much coffee I start making connections in the way LFM does. I was just gently ribbing him.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 06, 2007, 12:55:58 am
Down with social welfare and up with sweatshops!

Also, black women love me. I dont know why, but all of the black women i work with/have worked with/have gone to school with develop a thing. I think im like some kind of curiosity to the female afro-american mind. I was even mildly sexually assaulted in middle school by a black girl (She got up in the middle of class and humped me until my friend pulled her off). This is a thing I dont quite understand. maybe science has an answer.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 06, 2007, 01:04:43 am
This thread is ribbed for his pleasure and her pleasure but above all... for Nabu's pleasure.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 06, 2007, 01:07:48 am
Oh, I get it, pretty good there Ash.


Also, my post was just to try to get Nabu back.  I've missed him so.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: linnea on December 06, 2007, 02:06:03 am
Also, my post was just to try to get Nabu back.  I've missed him so.

QFT. I miss him, too.

Well, okay, I will buy that.

My family's Italian is northern Italian, Tuscan, from a small Alpine village north of Pisa and... I guess that there is great dislike of each other within Italy, from region to region back in the day and... that could explain why my family's reaction to those interpreations of Italian words would be laughter or derision.

To put it very very politely, my great-grandmother... who died before I was born... once told my father that she'd rather see him bring home a black woman than to bring home a woman of southern Italian extraction.

She used much more colourful words, of course.

Well, Italy wasn't unified into the country that we know it today until the 1800s, right? Being Sicilian, there is a ton of prejudice from other Italians, especially northern Italians. Plus there's that unfortunate movie quote about Sicilians and n******.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 06, 2007, 02:18:39 am
QFT. I miss him, too.

Well, Italy wasn't unified into the country that we know it today until the 1800s, right? Being Sicilian, there is a ton of prejudice from other Italians, especially northern Italians. Plus there's that unfortunate movie quote about Sicilians and n******.

Italy became Italy in the 1860s and then became what we know today sometime after the second world war. The sicilian/moor/africans thing, as far as I know, is bogus but I could be wrong.

The Sicilian immigrants I know have a disdain for the northern italians (who have been kind of a bitch in history) and vice versa. From what theyve said, it is sort of like the elitist northeast vs. downhome southeast rift in the US but with more history and reason.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 06, 2007, 02:58:58 am
Yeah, uhm, I believe my great-grandmother's words were "n*****" and "fuck*ng Sicilian"...

But I've known many African-Americans and southern Italians who are awesome people and many very hot ladies of those extractions as well so, like, I didn't like typing down those terms, yeah.

Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: jay-ell on December 06, 2007, 04:18:34 am
Sorry I edited your post, LFM, but I am really sensitive about that particular word and it was making me uncomfortable just sitting there staring at me. 

I'm attracted to, you know, people in general, but in terms of ethnicity I really have a thing for Latinos (of either gender).  I often find Asian women attractive, but for some reason I'm not particularly keen on most Asian men.  There are, of course, exceptions.  (Anybody remember Ferocious J?)  And I tend to like black guys and white guys in equal measure.  Then again, I married the whitest whitey white in the history of white.  He makes Bruce Willis look ethnic. 

The biggest thing that turns me on in a guy is a nice butt and legs.  Yep, I'll go ahead and say it.  I'm an ass woman.  I don't like over-muscled guys or men with chest stubble.  (Not having hair naturally is OK, but shaving off what you've got is, IMHO, a terrible waste.)  In women, I tend to like athletic types and I have a real thing for flat stomachs.  Probably because I've never had one.  A tall brunette with a good tan and a six-pack rack...oh man.  Oh, merciful heavens, that is nice to see. 

Okay, cold shower time. 
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 06, 2007, 04:55:31 am
Well... that's why I didn't wanna write it in the first place.

So I totally understand the edit.
Title: Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 06, 2007, 05:27:56 am
Plus there's that unfortunate movie quote about Sicilians and n******.


Brad Pitt's best role though, I mean if you are in to that type of thing- Nabu come back.