Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(  (Read 12450 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2007, 10:52:06 pm »

I will say that I have had positive Olive Garden experiences and positive Chili's experiences. However, Olive Garden as birthday reward is not something in the Player's dimension.

It may perhaps have been more accurate to say that Tina was Ray's Hunt's.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2007, 11:29:41 pm »

At the moment, high on our list of favorite chain places is P. F. Chang's. Is it real Chinese? Eh. But it's tasty. And the last time we went, my wife had an insane amount of "specials" inserts in her menu. When the server noticed it, she let out a pretty emotional "Jesus Christ!" that was completely unexpected given the setting and is still making me laugh two months later.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2007, 11:42:41 pm »

my wife had an insane amount of "specials" inserts in her

I am not mature enough to let this go.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2007, 11:46:49 pm »

Let alone how the special inserts made her scream out her passions despite herself.

That is pretty rad.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2007, 12:36:32 am »

Are we talkin' all dragging a 240V 3-phase power cord inserts?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2007, 12:39:20 am »

At the moment, high on our list of favorite chain places is P. F. Chang's. Is it real Chinese? Eh. But it's tasty. And the last time we went, my wife had an insane amount of "specials" inserts in her menu. When the server noticed it, she let out a pretty emotional "Jesus Christ!" that was completely unexpected given the setting and is still making me laugh two months later.

I can eat at PF Chang's but I can't help but try to mess with their little plate obsession. If you haven't noticed they always set the plates down so that the name of the restaurant is right-side-up for the diner. Once I noticed I just had to start messing with it. I know the waiters don't actually care but I need to turn the plate.

There's also a really great independent chinese place around here called Cheng's, which has been around for at least 25 years, but every time I recommend it to somebody they assume I'm just saying PF Chang's wrong and tell me they already know about it. Anyway, for anybody around here willing to trek to Sterling: Cheng's and Pacific. Good stuff.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2007, 02:04:47 am »

Do you guys have a chain called Jackpot noodle over there? Just kind of generic asian food (or I guess, generic asian food as interpreted for a western audience) but they are hell of tasty and one of my favourites for when I need an easy chinese food fix.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2007, 05:18:43 am »

Sounds like Panda Express.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2007, 10:02:51 am »

Whenever I want Chinese food, I just open the fridge and grab some leftovers. Beat that!

(Okay, this really only happens when I'm at home, not school.)
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2007, 01:51:46 pm »

Whenever I want Chinese food, I just open the fridge and grab some leftovers. Beat that!

(Okay, this really only happens when I'm at home, not school.)

Wait, aren't you actually Chinese? So wouldn't that make any food you eat by definition Chinese food?


(Damn you Ryan North!)
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2007, 05:54:58 pm »

So, I'm late to the party here, but I'm going to come out in favor of the O.G. while agreeing that it is not where a Player of Smuckles stature ought to be taken for his birthday. 

Also, I like Friendly's. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2007, 07:28:53 pm »

Quote
Friendly's.

My dad worked there when he was 18 or so. The way he talks about it, you'd think that it was the pinnacle of his career. Also, that this makes him the Only Man Allowed to Scoop Icecream.
I guess a similar thing will happen when I am his age, if my kids want to make a burrito. step aside, son, I used to work at Moe's.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2007, 08:17:12 pm »

Oh man, will I not allow my children to run mail or fetch lunch or answer the phone?

Oh man, I better not have kids, then. Too depressing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2007, 10:07:41 pm »

I worked at Macaroni Grill, so I guess...I get to...um...pronounce words in a way that sort of sounds like authentic Italian but really isn't? 

I also worked at Chick-Fil-A, and I am definitely the one who fil-a's the chicks around here. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: november 26th 2007 - She does a :(
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2007, 10:13:34 pm »

Like MUAHT-ZA-RELL and SPAH-GET?

Lord, I hate that Giada chick more with every passing day.

Her head is half of her body weight and she mangles two languages in a way that no one should be able to mangle one.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up