The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: melack on December 11, 2007, 06:17:41 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12112007
Probably the first strip in this arc that's made me laugh out loud. Classic Ray. Plus, it sets itself up nicely for a follow-up wherein we find out how Ray "took care" of Nolan.
-
What made this orgasm particularly trashy, anyway?
I can understand the point of view where all orgasms are trashy, I can understand the point of view where all orgasms are too transcendently awesome to be trashy. This in the middle thing, I'm not so sure of.
-
You know, between Ray talking about his completely trashy orgasm and how he "took care" of Nolan...
Yeeeah, I don't want to think about this anymore.
-
Dang, Ray really knows how to pay attention. Wish I knew too.
-
this makes me so happy.
That is a damn mistake.
What in the damn hell do you think i do all day?
so good. so good. This makes me happier than if I were eating the sandwich I want right now (3 eggs over-medium, cheese, bacon, on a croissant. I had this for breakfast at 7:30 this morning, and it changed my life.)
-
this makes me so happy.
That is a damn mistake.
What in the damn hell do you think i do all day?
so good. so good. This makes me happier than if I were eating the sandwich I want right now (3 eggs over-medium, cheese, bacon, on a croissant. I had this for breakfast at 7:30 this morning, and it changed my life.)
Eggs Benedict is the most superior breakfast sandwich.
-
I don't know, I have to be in a very specific mood for hollandaise.
You know, between Ray talking about his completely trashy orgasm and how he "took care" of Nolan...
Yeeeah, I don't want to think about this anymore.
Damnit V, I didn't make that connection and I didn't want to.
God Damnit.
-
Ray: Who knew that the dude pays attention? Crazy.
Disappointingly, we all know that Ray can't go pro ice all of a sudden. I wonder how he took care of Nolan.
WAIT, I BET HE GAVE NOLAN AS A SACRIFICIAL LAMB TO NICE PETE.
-
What made this orgasm particularly trashy, anyway?
I can understand the point of view where all orgasms are trashy, I can understand the point of view where all orgasms are too transcendently awesome to be trashy. This in the middle thing, I'm not so sure of.
Maybe it involved like a hot rod magazine or something
-
so good. so good. This makes me happier than if I were eating the sandwich I want right now (3 eggs over-medium, cheese, bacon, on a croissant. I had this for breakfast at 7:30 this morning, and it changed my life.)
I'm glad to see you are getting plenty to eat Dan. I don't know how in damn hell you managed to put three eggs on a single croissant, but I am happy for you.
-
It wasn't just trashy, it was completely trashy. I really like the specificity of the cats big-o.
Is it sad that my first thought upon reading this post was "cast in the name of god ye not guilty"?
-
I keep wondering whether or not I would like to have a friend with Ray's personality.
-
What made this orgasm particularly trashy, anyway?
(http://chiaroscu.ro/oompaloompa.jpg)
-
I keep wondering whether or not I would like to have a friend with Ray's personality.
He would be a handful for sure, but I'd love to have a friend like Ray if only for the killer parties.
-
When I write my "Axl Rose as Willy Wonka" story, the oompa-loompa equivalents will definitely be washed-out groupies. Y'know, a lot of vaguely attractive women between 35-45 except that they look really washed out and tired.
Some will say that Futurama did the definitive parody of Willy Wonka.
Some will say that Tim Burton did.
But some people are wrong.
-
A friend who is so rich that you can mooch off of him without him caring or my feeling guilty...
I could live with that.
-
I'm glad to see you are getting plenty to eat Dan. I don't know how in damn hell you managed to put three eggs on a single croissant, but I am happy for you.
They were all just stacked on there. Delicious. I realize that it was a completely random post, but... yesterday, once I had finished my exam, all I could think about for the rest of the day was how good that sandwich had been. By 3 AM or so, it was a frenzy.
-
Eh... I dunno. I feel like this was phoned in. There was something there, something Super-Secret-Ice-Cream-Parlory, something profound and creepy. And I guess Onstad just didn't feel like doing it, so he wraps it up and doesn't even tell us how. Ray took care of it? By paying attention?
This was a perfectly decent arc that didn't involve Ray and/or Roast Beef at all - a rarity if there was one. So who better to get in there and wreck it?
-
Have we considered the possibility that Ray is the other subscriber to potty mail? Is that, perhaps, how he's been paying attention?
-
I keep wondering whether or not I would like to have a friend with Ray's personality.
I would, personally. He'd be irritating, but if you had a problem, he would take care of it....essentially making his troublemaking in your life the only problem. Which, he's fun, so I can deal.
Also, I loved this strip.
-
Have we considered the possibility that Ray is the other subscriber to potty mail? Is that, perhaps, how he's been paying attention?
Well yeah but only in as much as he heard Phillipe was starting a business and wanted to support him. For that matter he knew about the potty mail due to Paying Attention.
-
Ray would be an awesome friend to think of crazy schemes with. Plus he has the funds to actually carry out said crazy schemes. And the dude knows about Paying Attention.
Note to self: Do not be friends with Ray. You think ramping cars into the ocean is an awesome idea.
-
Ray seems awfully tense for someone who just had a completely trashy orgasm.
-
Well yeah but only in as much as he heard Phillipe was starting a business and wanted to support him. For that matter he knew about the potty mail due to Paying Attention.
See, I figured all that bluster about paying attention was just to cover up that he was subscribed to potty mail for pleasure reading.
-
See, I figured all that bluster about paying attention was just to cover up that he was subscribed to potty mail for pleasure reading.
This is an acceptable and intriguing alternate reading to my mind.
-
so good. so good. This makes me happier than if I were eating the sandwich I want right now (3 eggs over-medium, cheese, bacon, on a croissant. I had this for breakfast at 7:30 this morning, and it changed my life.)
I got one of those McGriddles sandwiches this morning, where it's like a sausage egg and cheese biscuit except instead of a biscuit it's two maple-flavored pancake-like thingies.
It was good and disgusting at the same time.
-
Dude, the McGriddle is SO nasty. It <might> be OK except that the pancakes are so syrupy-flavored and sweet that the balance is way off. It may be the only McDonalds food item I ever actually put down and would not eat.
-
I can see it. I see you, putting it down. "Dawg... what's wrong?"
*dawg shakes his head, a firm no*
"You don't like it? come on, man, just eat it!"
*mouth closed firmly, again, a shake of the head*
There is only so much a man can take.
-
A single tear down the cheek, spashing against his fries.
From deep within a tube slide in the playground a child cries.