The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: side_show on December 13, 2007, 08:14:54 pm

Title: Rename A-CAP
Post by: side_show on December 13, 2007, 08:14:54 pm
Since our friend A-CAP is no longer at A-CAP, it's time to nominate him for a new name.

Here's his profile. (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=853) It doesn't tell us much, but via net-stalking you can likely learn more if you like.  I think we already know enough about him as is.

I'm going to go simple and suggest the simplicity of going with his avatar and calling him Capitalist Piggy Bank, but please offer up any better suggestions.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: AugustWest on December 13, 2007, 08:34:51 pm
Call him John Galt.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: jay-ell on December 13, 2007, 08:35:05 pm
I vote we just go with "arachnocapitalist."  It's what we call him anyway. 
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: wombat on December 13, 2007, 08:39:10 pm
I'm trying to think of something to do with the similarity of letters in "Ayn" and "A-CAP," but I got nothin'.  "Uyn"?

What were the guinea pigs' names?
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 13, 2007, 09:07:11 pm
My cavies names are Howie (for Howard Roark) and Atlas (for Atlas Shrugged). Please steer away from A-CAP related names, otherwise im happy to be renamed at the will of the community.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: CortJstr on December 13, 2007, 09:12:10 pm
I've always liked Yon Yonsin.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: theinevitable on December 13, 2007, 09:15:33 pm
Quote
im happy to be renamed at the will of the community.

I think we need to take this opportunity to teach arachnocapitalist. This is not a sentiment I would usually expect from him.


I looked at his facebook profile, but there is nothing on there which suggests any name to me.
Except, confidential to arachnocapitalist-- your girlfriend's last name is adorable.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: wombat on December 13, 2007, 09:20:10 pm
Capitalist pig, guinea pig... there's got to be something there.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: lprkn on December 13, 2007, 09:30:47 pm
TheInvisibleHand...although that's probably too close too Inev.

$TheAlmighty$

MarketForcesAreRad

AiA-CAP...even though I know A-CAP derivatives are out.

Cerveza de pollo
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: theinevitable on December 13, 2007, 09:31:50 pm
have I told you guys that now, everytime anyone uses the word Inevitable, I turn as if spoken to?
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: jay-ell on December 13, 2007, 09:36:37 pm
have I told you guys that now, everytime anyone uses the word Inevitable, I turn as if spoken to?

That is awesome.  Extremely so. 

I think you should get a little can for that. 
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Golfhaus on December 13, 2007, 10:39:22 pm
have I told you guys that now, everytime anyone uses the word Inevitable, I turn as if spoken to?

That's awesome. I'd do the same, but "Golfhaus" doesn't come up much in conversation.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: V-Adore on December 13, 2007, 10:46:04 pm
Capitalist Cavy, maybe?

Suggestion I have to make: I<3LFM4EVA
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 13, 2007, 11:47:32 pm
arachnocapitalist-- your girlfriend's last name is adorable.
I know, and her mother is a Reverend. Reverend Ru*fle. I call her Rev Ruff.

[edited to hide from google searches.]
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: theinevitable on December 13, 2007, 11:57:23 pm
oh, goddamn. I read it as Ruf*les. The S would intensify, maybe.

But also, those chips. not as great.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 14, 2007, 12:12:55 am
VirginiaisforSwine
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 14, 2007, 12:22:11 am
I always thought that the "arachno-capitalist" term suited him well.

Imagining Spider-Man except instead of fighting Doc Ock or the Green Goblin, he's... fighting for the end of the estate tax or whatever... has always been a good metaphor for Ennewhy.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: theinevitable on December 14, 2007, 01:01:39 am
"Capitalist Spider Pig"?
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 14, 2007, 01:14:40 am
Ding ding ding!
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: chuanoplast on December 14, 2007, 01:33:12 am
"Capitalist Spider Pig"?

Cuspy for short?
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 14, 2007, 02:09:49 am
VirginiaisforSwine

This was when I thought A-CAP was going to Virginia for school (although it could also be N Carolina, I don't remember too well).  Now, I don't know what he is doing, but I guess he doesn't want to tell us strangers, which is understandable.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: linnea on December 14, 2007, 02:35:49 am
Jesus fuck*ng Christ on a pushbike, this thread is comedy gold and gets a thumbs up from this girl.

Brewer Series 7 - Combines interest and goals.
Welsh Drunk - 'Nuff said.
That Dillhole - C'mon! We've all thought it!
Perot JR - C'mon, it could be any of them!
arachnocapitalist isn't bad. Pull the trigger on that stuff.

Fuck yes.


TheInvisibleHand...although that's probably too close too Inev.
$TheAlmighty$
MarketForcesAreRad
AiA-CAP...even though I know A-CAP derivatives are out.
Cerveza de pollo

Hot damn. I am not sure what to call him, but I do heartily approve of this heah thread.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: smick on December 14, 2007, 05:01:13 am
I like "Annie Yu"
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Doc on December 14, 2007, 05:05:58 am
It is perhaps not that shocking that my ideas were already given in the first few posts of this thread, but I still think Uyn Rand wouldn't be too bad.

Can we keep the 'En' sound though, I'm used to calling him arachnocapitalist.

Envisible hand?

Ron Paul?

Why you?
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: pmcd9 on December 14, 2007, 04:24:38 pm
Reverend Ru*fle. I call her Rev Ruff.

Reverend Ruff Sex
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: robot_god on December 15, 2007, 12:17:04 am
Envisible hand
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 20, 2007, 05:50:37 pm
All of this creative energy and yet Im still A-CAP.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: side_show on December 20, 2007, 10:56:59 pm
I think maybe we're waiting for you to show interest in one of them? 

Aynnie?
 
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Doc on December 20, 2007, 11:56:01 pm
Can't expect anything in this life just handed to you arachnocapitalist.

Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: AugustWest on December 21, 2007, 03:18:17 am
I think we should rename you after Nevin Johnson's dog.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Limmo on December 21, 2007, 03:42:38 am
Hey.  Play nice, now.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: melack on December 21, 2007, 07:04:05 am
I think, out of ambivalent spite, we should just name A-CAP something really boring like "Ted."
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Doc on December 21, 2007, 10:36:11 am
I still say give him bozack's old number, which is still filtered if I recall, so even better.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Drygioni on December 21, 2007, 08:37:38 pm
Can we name him Suggs?
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Lister on December 21, 2007, 09:21:32 pm
Law and Order: A-CAP*





*This isn't actually a good name**, I just wanted to post it.




**Nor is it a good joke.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: melack on December 21, 2007, 11:07:02 pm
How about ITT Tech?
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Limmo on December 22, 2007, 12:49:40 am
BYOB?
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: AugustWest on December 22, 2007, 04:56:26 am
WTF?
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Doc on December 22, 2007, 07:16:59 am
Hillary08
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: V-Adore on December 22, 2007, 08:24:01 am
#####_come_off
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: linnea on December 22, 2007, 05:10:29 pm
******_come_off

RoughBoy99!
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: theinevitable on December 22, 2007, 06:18:08 pm
THA SUGAH RAIN
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Limmo on December 22, 2007, 06:39:05 pm
THA SUGAH RAIN

We don't actively dislike A-CAP that much, do we?
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: linnea on December 22, 2007, 06:45:18 pm
Can't forget _end_of_times_wigger_!
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: theinevitable on December 22, 2007, 06:51:13 pm
no, I just suddenly remembered when that happened. Back when I was lurking, and was bad at remembering people's names, and thought there were a lot more people posting on this board than there are. There is no reason we would call A-CAP that.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on December 22, 2007, 07:28:56 pm
i think I like Arachno Capitalist - the imagery attached is just so strong. A giant sider in a tophat and vest w/ pocketwatch - parading down the street demanding freedom from taxes
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Limmo on December 22, 2007, 11:08:10 pm
i think I like Arachno Capitalist - the imagery attached is just so strong. A giant sider in a tophat and vest w/ pocketwatch - parading down the street demanding freedom from taxes

Well, get cracking there, kid.  That avatar's not gonna Photoshop itself.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 23, 2007, 01:45:29 am
I always pictured Spider-Man with a dollar sign on his chest and cent signs over his eyes.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: jay-ell on January 03, 2008, 03:52:31 pm
Pick one and let's get a move on here, folks. 

Do we need a poll?  Because I really don't want to find myself typing "the artist formerly known as arachnocapitalist" on a regular basis. 
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: smick on January 03, 2008, 05:56:44 pm
Is arachnocapitalist pronounced like "Ennui (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ennui)"?
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: jaydub on January 03, 2008, 09:07:05 pm
Pick one and let's get a move on here, folks. 

Arachno-capitalist, for the win.

also:
(http://www.fotolode.com/images/jaydub/arachnocap.gif)

With great power comes great responsibility...
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: jay-ell on January 03, 2008, 11:13:58 pm
Okay.  I guess it's official, since there's an avatar now? 

Although I liked the monopoly tycoon spider-in-top-hat image, too. 
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: jaydub on January 03, 2008, 11:31:11 pm
Sure, but that would take actual talent to come up with.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 03, 2008, 11:59:48 pm
Oh man, I have a new name. Also- all references to arachnocapitalist and A-CAP are complete nonsense to anyone who reads the archives.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on January 04, 2008, 12:00:10 am
And 1000 posts.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Golfhaus on January 04, 2008, 12:02:34 am
A-CAP is dead.

Long live A-CAP.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: jay-ell on January 04, 2008, 12:22:03 am
Oh man, I have a new name. Also- all references to arachnocapitalist and A-CAP are complete nonsense to anyone who reads the archives.


Oh, I fixed the filters, too. 

Heh heh heh.  Mmmmmmm, abuse of power. 
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Doc on January 04, 2008, 12:25:57 am
We have always had a poster called arachnocapitalist
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: wombat on January 04, 2008, 12:33:18 am
Oooooooh this is creepy.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: smick on January 04, 2008, 12:38:22 am
After the collapse of society, the prolonged dark ages, the rebirth of technology, and the renewed vigor of archeology, this thread will confuse the scientists of the mutated hordes, and cause them to view A-Cap as some manner of trickster god.

Congrats!
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: lprkn on January 04, 2008, 02:12:48 am
The Ministry of Truth is working overtime, boys.

I, for one, welcome Arachno-Captitalist, even though he never left.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: AugustWest on January 04, 2008, 02:27:35 am
I've always been A-CAP and so has my wife.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Golfhaus on January 04, 2008, 02:56:30 am
Some young pup seven years from now is going to be on here talking about his college choices, and mention That College, and no one is going to remember this, and wonder what the hell is going on.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: jaydub on January 05, 2008, 12:51:11 am
Powerful women.  I'm fighting a crush.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 05, 2008, 01:03:13 am
Interestingly, there was no editing of filters done at all.

We got a package-deal history-erase when The Devil From Outer Space bought Spider Man's marriage off him for the life of a 180 year old woman. She's gonna die again any day now anyways so, like, we got some message board considerations tossed in on the side.

People never think about the little toss-in perks you can get at The Crossroads if you're prepared to negotiate smartly these days.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: smick on January 05, 2008, 02:04:07 am
We got a package-deal history-erase when The Devil From Outer Space bought Spider Man's marriage off him for the life of a 180 year old woman. She's gonna die again any day now anyways so, like, we got some message board considerations tossed in on the side.

From what I hear I have this issue in waiting in my box.  I'm... not excited.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 05, 2008, 02:25:21 am
Yeah, uh, don't be.

That whole thing about Spider-Man bein' all about taking responsibility, no matter the cost?

The underpinning of the entire character?

Yeah, uh, he makes a deal with The Outer-Space Devil and everything that editorial didn't like in the last twenty years, good bad and indifferent go boom with no logic other than "a wizard did it"... in this case, an outer-space Devil Wizard.

Very not good.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Pedro Picasso on January 11, 2008, 07:17:52 pm
I've been away for a while.  If the name ArachnoCapitalist was all that changed in my absence, that would be enough.  Because it is awesome.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: jaydub on January 11, 2008, 07:36:37 pm
You're just teasing us with your presence, Pedro.  I expect we won't be seeing much of you or JL in a week or so...
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Pedro Picasso on January 11, 2008, 07:58:48 pm
No, but if our son's mastery of the internet continues apace, he'll be posting here FOR us soon.
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: alreadyinuse on October 16, 2009, 05:35:50 am
(http://drx.typepad.com/psychotherapyblog/images/2007/06/03/pugs_recalled.jpg)
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on October 16, 2009, 05:36:46 am
(http://vectortuts.s3.amazonaws.com/tuts/18_Lock_Icon/lock_16.jpg)
Title: Re: Rename A-CAP
Post by: pmcd9 on October 16, 2009, 05:37:21 am
Done!