Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename A-CAP  (Read 12310 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2007, 07:28:56 pm »

i think I like Arachno Capitalist - the imagery attached is just so strong. A giant sider in a tophat and vest w/ pocketwatch - parading down the street demanding freedom from taxes
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2007, 11:08:10 pm »

i think I like Arachno Capitalist - the imagery attached is just so strong. A giant sider in a tophat and vest w/ pocketwatch - parading down the street demanding freedom from taxes

Well, get cracking there, kid.  That avatar's not gonna Photoshop itself.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2007, 01:45:29 am »

I always pictured Spider-Man with a dollar sign on his chest and cent signs over his eyes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2008, 03:52:31 pm »

Pick one and let's get a move on here, folks. 

Do we need a poll?  Because I really don't want to find myself typing "the artist formerly known as arachnocapitalist" on a regular basis. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2008, 05:56:44 pm »

Is arachnocapitalist pronounced like "Ennui"?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2008, 09:07:05 pm »

Pick one and let's get a move on here, folks. 

Arachno-capitalist, for the win.

also:


With great power comes great responsibility...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 09:35:12 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2008, 11:13:58 pm »

Okay.  I guess it's official, since there's an avatar now? 

Although I liked the monopoly tycoon spider-in-top-hat image, too. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2008, 11:31:11 pm »

Sure, but that would take actual talent to come up with.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2008, 11:59:48 pm »

Oh man, I have a new name. Also- all references to arachnocapitalist and A-CAP are complete nonsense to anyone who reads the archives.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2008, 12:00:10 am »

And 1000 posts.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2008, 12:02:34 am »

A-CAP is dead.

Long live A-CAP.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2008, 12:22:03 am »

Oh man, I have a new name. Also- all references to arachnocapitalist and A-CAP are complete nonsense to anyone who reads the archives.


Oh, I fixed the filters, too. 

Heh heh heh.  Mmmmmmm, abuse of power. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2008, 12:25:57 am »

We have always had a poster called arachnocapitalist
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2008, 12:33:18 am »

Oooooooh this is creepy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Rename A-CAP
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2008, 12:38:22 am »

After the collapse of society, the prolonged dark ages, the rebirth of technology, and the renewed vigor of archeology, this thread will confuse the scientists of the mutated hordes, and cause them to view A-Cap as some manner of trickster god.

Congrats!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up